RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Music Insertion [XP]

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I don't suppose you know a script that has an easier system of adding the faces like the one in VX where you just click the face box and the screen with all the faces comes up and you choose the one you want. Is it possible to cannibalism that script from VX and add an extra file for the faces? :zwink:

No, it is not; you can't change the RMXP's GUI with scripts. You would either need to alter the program itself, which is illegal, or else build a program from scratch which would work with a message script and which copies to your clipboard data which you can paste into an event page.

As to your problem, it sounds like you just copied the script commands out of the event. That's not enough. You need to go into the Script Editor of ccoa's demo (press F11) while in the program itself, not in Test Play. Go down near the bottom, where you will see something like UMS or ccoa's UMS or something - I don't have the demo so I don't know what it's called, but it will be near the bottom, between Scene_Debug and Main.

Copy that script to your clipboard by pressing CTRL+C.

Then you need to open up your project and paste it into your Script Editor around the same place by pressing CTRL+V.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
When you go into the script editor, every new script gets copied right above main on the left side of the window in the long list of scripts with a scrollbar.  All scripts must go here.  In this spot, the scripts are able to over-write what needs to be over-written and whatnot.  There may be times when scripts clash and not all scripts will function with each other.  In cases like that, pick and choose your scripts wisely, especially with XP because some scripts are only getting partial support now and he original creators may not want to continue to work on it and move on to the new makers (or other things in general).

Read the instructions that are posted in the original page where you picked it up from or with the script download itself which can be found either in a read-me file or generally in the first custom script in the script editor in rpgmaker.  The instructions will typically be found at the top of the script in green (the green is created by a hash tag at the beginning of the line which means that the rest of that line is a comment.  Comments are found all throughout scripts to describe what each portion is for.  The instructions will be in one huge block of comments generally)

The help file will tell you everything you need to know about functions within the program, what file types are accepted, sizes of images that can be used etc.  Refer to it if you have any questions first and foremost and if you can't find it, THEN that's where some of us can help out. 

Remember that a lot of things can be easily googled.  I know you're getting tired of being told this but you have to understand that some of us have answered questions like this hundreds of times already in the past either here or on other boards so it is frustrating having to answer these things again and again, especially after seeing that the person asking the question just really doesn't WANT to google the question.  Now, I've taught you how to fish, so catch some fish.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 58
I put his script into my editor and it looks like it worked but every time I try to play test it I get this error:
Unable to find file Graphics/Windowskin/talk1.
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Go into the demo's graphics folder. Look around for the windowskin folder and copy everything from that folder over to the corresponding folder in your own game folder. It's probably a script specific graphic that you forgot.