RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Battle Ranking System (S Rank! A Rank! Etc)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Pretty simple. At the end of a battle, you're given a Rank (eg. from S > A > B > C) that is determined based on number of turns taken in battle, number of times party members have been KO'd, etc.

If anyone's willing to make up a script for this, it should be able to:

* Set the number of Ranks you want and the ability to name them.
* Determine how many points is given out for the number of turns spent in battle (Which will vary, especially for boss battles)
* Determine how many points is given out for how well the party survived in battle
* Other conditions, such as bonus points for overkill, TP attacks, etc.

-> Points are added up and each rank fall within a range of points.

--> But the real joy of such a feature would be to enable ranks to determine item drops and affect switches/variables.

I believe Yanfly is on a break or something so, thus it's a shame we won't get such an extension on the Victory Aftermath script anytime soon (one of the scripts I'd probably want it most compatible with).

How else do you think battle ranks can be determined? Feel free to suggest.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:19:05 PM by Seamus »
Cookie :3

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Would you rather it was approached from a "you get X points for bad stuff and better ranks are attained with a lower number of points" perspective, or "you can set the base number of points you'll get for a perfect and doing bad stuff takes X points away"?
It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
This sounds like a pretty awesome idea.
If I were a scripter, I'd get right on it. Too bad, though  ;9
なんでやねん

RMRK Junior
Would you rather it was approached from a "you get X points for bad stuff and better ranks are attained with a lower number of points" perspective, or "you can set the base number of points you'll get for a perfect and doing bad stuff takes X points away"?

Um, is it easier to do it by subtracting points? (What would be considered as bad stuff btw?)

This is how I see the script working:
*There'll be a base minimum number of points (0) or a maximum number of points at the start of each battle.
*The faster you finish the battle, the more points added (if from minimum) or less subtracted (if from maximum)
*Special actions, such as overkills, will add bonus points (if from minimum) or subtract points (if from maximum)
*Higher rank the higher the points.

I'm not a scripter, so whatever method that can replicate either of these is okay.

Okay, how about this:

Start: 0 points
Turns Taken: 1 = 10, 2~5 = 5, 6~99+ = 1
Overkill: 5
Bad Action (eg. attack with something not very effective or get KO'd): -5
Total Points: 0~5 = C, 6~10 = B, 11~15 = A, 16~20 = S

...?

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Can you give me an example of how you'd like the configuration for these settings to work? I reckon I could do a system like this, but I'd rather get your input on the setup you had in mind before I start.

RMRK Junior
Okay, ummm.

*Define in the script how many points all battles are set at initially. (40 for me, as I'm going for the subtract approach)
[For others! Start at 0 for the addition approach]

*In the script you'll be able to define each Rank (Amount and name) you want in the game and what point range they fall under
(For me, I'd like C Rank (0~10), B Rank (11~20), A Rank (21~30), S Rank (31+))

*In the script you'll be able to define specific actions and how much they influence points:
-Overkill (Adds points)
-Party members being KO'd (Minus points)
-If certain ailments were casted on party members besides KO [For others/optional*] (Add/Minus points)
-If you attack the enemy with an ineffective attack [For others/optional*] (Minus points)
-Repetitive use of skills and items (Minus points)

*If too complex for in the script, then in the database there can be a comment event or something within troops that determine how many turns determine how many points are awarded for every battle (Can't be the same throughout, especially for bosses).

-Subtract approach: (example) 1~2 turns = 0 points subtracted, 3~5 turns = 10 points subtracted, 6~10 turns = 20 points subtracted, 11+ turns = 30 points subtracted

-Addition approach [For others*]: (example) 1~2 turns = 30 points added, 3~5 turns = 20 points added, etc.

*Can include it for me, but I may set it to nil / 0 points; It's for others ^^
I figure doing the addition or subtraction approach will be easy by just defining points with + or - signs.

==================================
Other:

1) After the last enemy has been KO'd (and all troop events have played out, such as death messages I guess), the Rank screen/window will come next (Before Victory Aftermath!)

2) At the top of this new window/screen "calculations" will be displayed and then BAM, the Rank would appear. "Calculations" like:
Turns taken: *wait* 4!
Overkills performed: *wait* 2!
etc. Or if you can have the effect where the numbers are changing to the desired value, that'll look cool.

-----------------
Reference:
Riviera - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdJaPcLPz1g (After 3:09)
The World Ends With You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyOG8LUx46Y (After 3:11)
(I actually prefer the latter. Perhaps the moving yellow bars can be the various conditions/calculation results (note: results, not any shifting numbers; eg. Turns: 5, Overkills: 1 So no dramatic wait effect/visuals besides the moving bars)
-----------------

3) At the bottom of this same screen/window, a party member would appear giving a message.

Can you? Allow this script to determine who was MVP (Probably by most damage inflicted) and let that character be the face that appears? And within the script allow us to define what each ID actor says for each Rank result?

4) Then the spoils / victory aftermath screen is displayed.

Can you? Add a functionality to determine what item is dropped by rank? Or if it's too complex, just allow us to define an item ID for S ranks for each battle?

5) Finally, activate switches/variables if needed depending on rank.

================

This sounds like plenty @_@. I'm sorry D:
If it's too much, I'd understand and you can simplify however you see fit, k x_x

RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I'm working on something else at the moment, Twilight, but once I'm done with that (shouldn't be long) this is the next script on my list.

Unless you want to see if someone else wants to do it, don't worry about bumping it more; I'll post once I've got something for you.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
can you do this for VX as well?

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I don't have VX any more, sorry. Once I do it for VXA I'll see what I can do.

RMRK Junior
Awesome! Thanks in advance ^^

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I meant to ask you, Twilight: you said you wanted this to be compatible with Yanfly's victory script. Do you want the battle ranking bit to be part of that or to come before/after it?

RMRK Junior
I meant to ask you, Twilight: you said you wanted this to be compatible with Yanfly's victory script. Do you want the battle ranking bit to be part of that or to come before/after it?

It'll be cool if it can occur before yanfly's victory aftermath script. But:

"4) Then the spoils / victory aftermath screen is displayed.

Can you? Add a functionality to determine what item is dropped by rank? Or if it's too complex, just allow us to define item IDs for unique items that are only dropped for S ranks in each battle?"

(That's from my detailed post above; slightly edited it.)

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Sorry, missed that part from the original request.

I'm pretty sure I can pull this off. Wish me luck!

RMRK Junior
I'm not a scripter, but somehow it seems hard. Good luck though ^^
I'm here for any questions you may have.

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
yeah I feel the same way, I'm no scripter either, but yeah it does seem like it'll be a bitch. hopefully he can do it though, for VXA and VX, because this would be awesome and highly useful for my game as well.

RMRK Junior
So how is it going along? Need to clarify anything?

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Nah, I think I have all the information I need. Hopefully I won't be too much longer.

RMRK Junior
Okay, cool. Excited ^^

RMRK Junior
Well it's been almost 3 weeks, is Trihan well? :S

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Very busy! I got a new job and have a lot to do with moving house and everything. I'm well, and working on my scripts, but progress is very slow. That's how things go with me; I take ages to do stuff, but the end results are (usually) worth it. To be honest I wanted to work on this more than I've actually been able to, because it's an awesome idea. Rest assured that results are forthcoming.

RMRK Junior
Ah okay. I'll just have to work around it on my game without it until then I guess. Wouldn't mind being a beta tester btw :D If that's even needed xD