RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Face Window Outside message Box

Rep:
Level 74
He with the Grin to Scare Young Children
In VX I practically relied on the face window feature in Modern Algebra's Advanced Text System to fulfill the task of not having to press enter before the chatbox ended, now with VX Ace, it is surprisingly, no where to be found, so what I am asking for is as follows.

A simple face window script that I can adjust the x, y, width, heght and opacity for, like this.

I'd like it to be able to draw pull the face image from the face I choose in the message editor and be able to pull the background and stuff from the window skin, it's "Z" property should be the same as the message box.

Also I'd like it to disperse when No face is selected, obviously. :3

It should also work in battle just like if it were a regular message.

I looked everywhere for something that could fulfill this task but I have found nothing, after checking the wiki, vxace.net on site list, the script list over here, following Yanfly, Yami and a buttload of other good scripters wordpresses, I decided it was time to request this.

Thanks for possible consideration. :)

Oh, I should probably mention it would need to be compatible with YEA - Message Options.
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
If only I could find my motivation :)

Rep:
Level 74
Ofcourse, this is all solved if MA does the face options script dealie, but he has exams and hectic life shiz as well as apathy towards porting his own scripts, and wanting to make new toys instead.

I understand the standpoint, but damn do I want a face window. xD

Edit: Only just realised you have changed your name and Avvy and you are infact Modern Algebra, oh god I feel so silly!

Well, anyway, still looking for this to be done somehow, whether it be you or somebody else. :3
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 09:00:07 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Looking forward to this. This is one popular feature that hasn't been converted over yet.
Cookie :3

Rep:
Level 84
How can we be of assistance to help you find your motivation, Modern?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I suggest we threaten him with naked pictures of Bea Arthur.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 74
Good to have some support, I really do want this to happen.

I would do it myself but I'm a sucky coder. :3
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Do you want the x, y, width, height and opacity to be options you set in the message code or an editable constant in the script that's applied to all face windows in the game?
It's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly...timey wimey...stuff.

RMRK Junior
Do you want the x, y, width, height and opacity to be options you set in the message code or an editable constant in the script that's applied to all face windows in the game?

I can't speak on his behalf, but can you set a default standard for all face windows in the game in the script, and if needed, we can just define specifics through a message code? (Such as if we have a larger than normal picture)

RMRK Junior

RMRK Junior
Bump <(^__^)>

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
I'm gonna take a stab at this one and the battle rankings request. Not sure how long I'll be, but I'll keep you posted.

RMRK Junior
I'm gonna take a stab at this one and the battle rankings request. Not sure how long I'll be, but I'll keep you posted.

Awesome! Looking forward to them ^^

Rep:
Level 74
Oh sweet, This might actually happen yet!

I was going to go with the latter, but if its easy enough to do with script calls than you wont see me complaining!

I'm just glad someones actually considering this, cant get a peep out of rmvx.net or rpgmaker web.

Good luck with it!
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Sorry I haven't updated you on this lately, been trying to sort out a new job and moving house and whatnot.

I do intend to try taking on the request, but I'm honestly not sure how long it'll be 'cause I've got a crapload of other stuff to do as well.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Good times, that's one off my list. I'll try the battle ranking script next then.

Rep:
Level 74
Oh thank goodness, someone alerted you to it before I wasted your time!

Yes, someone finally did it, I'm glad I have it now, you can do what you see fit. :B
Websites:

Social Media: