RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rpg Maker VX [Offering my skills]

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
Flames of the Phoenix
- Determined Mapper, Eventer, Databaser, or Writer here.

Which positions you are recruiting for: any of the above.

A section for each position explaining the function of the position:
- Mapping: Making maps of substantial size and detail
- Eventing: Making events that correspond with the storyline and add functionality to the game.
- Databasing: Evening out difficulty, balancing monsters and items, and adding common events and skills
- Writing: Helping and Making a general storyline for the game.

Some appetizers:

Databasing:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?77kv3bsttu4778z

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?zozdwh2c39n3dzp

Eventing:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?t1b2j7i50aol0n0

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?l8bkq75v6iw18zz

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?h19byda8ab0ghx6

Mapping:

http://www.mediafire.com/i/?ds88hmm21twubt4

- Some better ones are included in the demo:

Demo: About 3 MB [Improved file compression]

http://www.mediafire.com/?1nxi2ee49xkdi38

Final Notes:
I'm willing to work with anyone on any game as long as my input is valued.

I have a couple of projects that are still in the storyline phase. Feel free to PM me about them or this topic.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:25:53 AM by Zenophoenix »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
My eyes are pretty messed up but I really can't read or see anything in your pictures! Your mapping images aren't showing, either :(
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Flames of the Phoenix
I'll make them bigger, but I don't know why my mapping images aren't showing...  :-[

Rep:
Level 60
My eyes are pretty messed up but I really can't read or see anything in your pictures! Your mapping images aren't showing, either :(

We can't read anything on them either. And it is a bit interesting that the eventing and databasing screenshots show up fine (albeit small), but the mapping ones are noted as having been moved or deleted when I believe most people will want to see how well you map. :P

Unfortunately, no one can tell how well you can do any of the things that you've advertised at the moment. Give us some larger screenshots and let us see your mapping, then others can decide if they want your assistance with at least some amount of certainty. :)

Flames of the Phoenix
I've uploaded some links, the pics should show better, and I've also included a demo to show some of my eventing as well.

Rep:
Level 60
Why is your eventing demo 71MB? That seems like a large download just to demonstrate your eventing capabilities. Given the screenshots of your eventing, too, I think I can see some ways in which it could be improved (although I don't yet know how you're using the switch Ragnarok and the variable for it, either, since I'm still downloading a 71MB demo).

Actually, wait... did you include the RTP data in the demo? If someone wants to have your help in a game they're making for RMVX, they're probably going to have the RTP and the program already, if you did. Seems totally unnecessary. :|

Flames of the Phoenix
Thanks Eden

- changed size of demo.exe

Rep:
Level 60
Okay, and it's encrypted, so I can't see how you're doing anything in regards to events. No offense intended, but this is starting to make me :mad:. If someone wants your help, they'll want to know how you do things. Show them how you do things by giving them an unencrypted demo so that they can open it themselves and see.

Also, the link in your post still points to a 71MB demo, and I'm assuming your smaller demo is still encrypted (since I don't have a link for it and can't see for myself at the moment).

If you post a smaller, not encrypted demo, I'll take a look at it and let you know what I think, okay?

EDIT:

You might also want to look into this. Even though I tried your encrypted demo to see how it would look (since I can't see how it works), it seems that the music for your title screen is missing. Look into that before uploading your new demo.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:20:21 PM by Fall From Eden »

Flames of the Phoenix
I've unencrypted the demo, added that soundtrack that was missing and made the demo smaller. Hopefully, this works. :)

Rep:
Level 60
Okay, so we downloaded the smaller demo (which was still ~40MB large), got through three maps, then this:

Please play-test before releasing something. It's generally a good idea, just to make sure that you have everything that you need and that things are working as you expect them to.

With that said, your mapping could really use some work. You're using regular map tiles on the world map, which causes incredibly visible seams where the tiles don't line up correctly. Your mapping in general is also very, very square, often symmetrical, and on the bland side. None of these things are inherently bad (well, except for the symmetry if you're making a nature map), but they're not good, either. Put them all together and your mapping just seems... okay. It's not the worst we've seen, but there's a lot of room for improvement (and there are plenty of mapping tutorials available, too).

As for your eventing... similar opinion. We don't really see that much in the project, and what you have could be greatly improved, honestly. For instance, we still don't see why you're using the switch Ragnarok, the variable for Ragnarok, so on and so forth. You're also using switches for things that could be done with self-switches or other conditions of the event page. For instance, finding Selena's bear: you have a switch called Bear Get that you turn on when the player grabs the bear. Why not create an unusable, unsellable item named Bear that's given instead, and if the bear is in the player's inventory, Selena joins? Easy to set up and event, and it saves at least one switch. Conserving switches can be very important when creating a large game, and that's just one example. In the demo, you use (as far as we can tell) 9 switches and 1 variable (and we still don't understand the point of the variable, since it never increases past 1 and the value of it could be checked with the Item Exists condition explained above). We honestly think that this entire project could be done with no switches or variables used at all.

Now, if someone wants you to assist with their game, that's absolutely fine -- but honestly, I think that you could still learn quite a bit about both mapping and eventing. We haven't commented on the writing because... well, we're not sure that your writing abilities were the point of the demo. Seems unwise to comment on them unless there's something you are showcasing for review in that regard.

Also, this is a problem:

Music accounted for 40MB of your 41MB download. That's not-so-good, for future reference. Some people (like us) do not have fast, reliable internet. Downloading 40MB worth of MP3s to play a demo of your eventing and databasing abilities is more than a little frustrating, especially considering the fact that the music has absolutely nothing to do with your abilities to event, database, or write.

Good luck to you, though. You can always get better. :)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
As much as I'd like to request your assistance on something, the only thing that I'm not good at doing myself is artistic work.
And I've already got someone helping me with my mapping :)

You've got a couple of projects in the storyline phase, post some of your stories and I'll see about helping you out with those.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Flames of the Phoenix
Should I post them here or on another subforum?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Post your completed stories here, and your non-completed stories in another thread.

If you're offering to help people with writing, it would be best to post your completed stories here.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Flames of the Phoenix

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I was thinking of Soul Calibur during my entire read of that.

Your writing for fan-fiction is ok, but you need to post an original story (preferably one that would be used in an RPG game).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:27:19 AM by D&P3 »

Flames of the Phoenix
I don't have any on this comp, but if you wanted a sample of some writing, I'd be glad to do that.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Feel free to do that at your own leisure ;)

Flames of the Phoenix
I've removed the unnecessary Audio Folder and files. New demo size is about 3 MB.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Okay, so I just saw your mapping screenie.

Spoiler for:
My only comment is that the floor tiles are awesome, but you could add
in things such as barrels, boxes, things to make it intresting. Now, the only
real problem I have with that screenie is because of those ripped flags and
shields/swords. That just isn't appropriate to put those things like that IMO.

Good luck honing your skills, my friend.
Spoiler for:
...you'll need it..
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 04:37:25 AM by AbsoluteIce »
なんでやねん

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
DeadlyDarkArts.com
You should go to my website www.deadlydarkarts.com I am working on 2 projects and there is some information there.

I am looking for people who would like to help me and I will provide a demo soon.

Flames of the Phoenix
Neat games, I like Deadly Dark Arts more than Monster Duelists, but both are great ideas. Let me know more about what you need and I'll see what I can do.

DeadlyDarkArts.com
Thanks, I was doing custom characters for deadly dark arts but I put that on hold because my GF is pregnant XD and I think this monster duelist game would be great for my kid once he/she is around 3 years old.

I was thinking I could need some Mappers and your thread got my attention.

I could also use help on other things but I seem to be doing fine right-now.

I got all monster sprites I could need and all characters/monsters are made in the database which took a long time lol (72 each)

My name is Syn on deadlydarkarts.com if you were wondering - and I might make another site when its done
But I can't finish Deadly Dark Arts until XAS4 Battle System is finished which is another reason why I'm finishing this one first.

Flames of the Phoenix
Sure, PM me with any ideas for maps and I'll sketch out something.

DeadlyDarkArts.com
I also forgot to mention that I am using the same battle system than you used on your demo (the sideview tenkensai or wtv lol)

And the maps I would need... you would probably need my game file to see how I did mine so you can copy the style and resources (tile sets and stuff) because I am not using RTP graphics for tilesets (the only RTP I am using is for SOME monsters (rmxp rtp) and NPCs that are in most villages are also RTP.

The RTP NPCs are basically villagers and easy duelers - but I am using Kaduki sprites for special characters - such as epic duelers and high-ranked duelers.

For example: there are characters that you meet throughout the game - that other people always talk about.
Those characters are people that you will duel later on - and usually in semi-finals and finals of tournaments.

There are other special characters that are in team `Total Control` (which is like Team Rocket)
These guys always use Undeads and maybe Illusion and sometimes they use Volcans
They are after all the legendary monsters - AND they usually have some with them.

ALL Wins and Losses count on your profile - there is a Up Arrow that says how many times you won - and a Down Arrow that tells you how many times you loss.

There will be specials that can be unlocked after getting a certain number of Wins (loss have no effect on this) example: once you get 100 wins you get an award.

Anyways this game might have around 12 villages if I want to put 6 monsters per pet shops in each town anyways. (since theres 72)
So I will need as much Mapping help as I can to be honest lol (good or not - I can always fix them to my liking anyways)

Flames of the Phoenix
Ok, I could map out some things and PM you with a demo by next week.