RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Jomar -

I honestly don't care.

I gave you an idea for your game, it is not a spoiler in any regard. The spoilers you HAVE shown aren't spoilers either.

I just want to know if you are going to use the idea that I gave you, I don't want credit, I don't even care if you use it.
But if you don't, then I've got someone who I actually like that I would like to give that idea to (since they're doing a similar style game to yours (Only with a good bloody story behind it)).
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
You gave him a good idea and I re-wrote it entirely. He ignored both of them.

No hope.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・

No hope.
Hmm..
I really wonder what'll happen to this 'Future Helpers' project.  ???
Will it be a success, or will it be the worst game of the year?
...Nobody knows.

Spoiler for:
Most probably it'll be the worst game of the year/lifetime of the RPG Maker series.
なんでやねん

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Jomar -

I honestly don't care.

I gave you an idea for your game, it is not a spoiler in any regard. The spoilers you HAVE shown aren't spoilers either.

I just want to know if you are going to use the idea that I gave you, I don't want credit, I don't even care if you use it.
But if you don't, then I've got someone who I actually like that I would like to give that idea to (since they're doing a similar style game to yours (Only with a good bloody story behind it)).
i already got a plot for the next future helper game... i maybe add your idea if possible.
ok! because the seven tower series already had a time travel idea in it... but it will be use only a few part of the plot.
i also re-read the whole seven tower plot and some of my friend cried a little to the story.

edit: oh yeah starting may 1 i will work on another future helper game set in year 3XXX... and it filled with friction war...
but it won't effect on this game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:42:13 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Jomar -

I honestly don't care.

i already got a plot for the next future helper game... i maybe add your idea if possible.
ok! because the seven tower series already had a time travel idea in it... but it will be use only a few part of the plot.
i also re-read the whole seven tower plot and some of my friend cried a little to the story.

edit: oh yeah starting may 1 i will work on another future helper game set in year 3XXX... and it filled with friction war...
Dude, before you start thinking of another project..
Why not refirbush and finish this one first and make it as nicely looking as possible?  ???

なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
What about Lifeless?
BRUGHRHUHVUFVFJVNJVNFVM.
He has so many projects that my head is about to EXPLODE!
なんでやねん

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
What about Lifeless?
i also going to work on that too... (muti-tasking)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
What about Lifeless?
BRUGHRHUHVUFVFJVNJVNFVM.
He has so many projects that my head is about to EXPLODE!
:zrage:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
What about Lifeless?
i also going to work on that too... (muti-tasking)
Seriously dude.
If you really do make that fictional war project..
You'll have 3 projects that you have to 'Multi-Task'.
Seriously, dude, I suggest you focus on ONE GAME AT A TIME.
Hell, look at me. I couldn't even finish my old project. Lol.  :V
なんでやねん

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Sign me up for beta tester :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Sign me up for beta tester :)
your now being register. i will pm you the files.

Seriously dude.
If you really do make that fictional war project..
You'll have 3 projects that you have to 'Multi-Task'.
Seriously, dude, I suggest you focus on ONE GAME AT A TIME.
Hell, look at me. I couldn't even finish my old project. Lol.
no there is 4 project i have to deal with, and it a community project too...
project link: http://www.pastelforum.com/topic.php?id=3680 (to admin or moderator if this link is not allow in the rules just remove it, since i just helping the other developer out)
were making a flash escape game... and it also look like they need help as well...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:50:12 PM by jomarcenter »

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I've watched on the sidelines enough. It's time for me to get mad. When I get mad on the internet, I'm like the Hulk + Stephen Fry.

1. Jomarcenter, you don't even have a friggin game yet, things can be changed around to support D&P3's frankly amazing idea.

2. LISTEN TO OUR IDEAS. When we suggest something, it's to make your terrible garbage better.

3. Work on one title. This "game" is horrible enough as it is, if you start working on other things, it'll somehow make it much worse.

4. That is not concept art, that is pure pure crap. You shouldn't be impressed, you should be embarrassed and take some art lessons or some shit.

5. I gather this project isn't a joke, which seriously worries me. There is someone in the world who can genuinely make something this horrible AND take it seriously. Do NOT develop this into a series. Wait about 3-4 years then make a one-off game. When I was 13 I wanted to turn my terrible game "Masamune" into a series and developed the first two games in the series at once. The idea of the second one WAS better, but I stopped to practice. Now I'm developing one standalone game.

DO NOT IGNORE THIS POST. READ IT, LISTEN TO IT, TAKE IT INTO CONSIDERATION.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I've watched on the sidelines enough. It's time for me to get mad. When I get mad on the internet, I'm like the Hulk + Stephen Fry.

1. Jomarcenter, you don't even have a friggin game yet, things can be changed around to support D&P3's frankly amazing idea.

2. LISTEN TO OUR IDEAS. When we suggest something, it's to make your terrible garbage better.

3. Work on one title. This "game" is horrible enough as it is, if you start working on other things, it'll somehow make it much worse.

4. That is not concept art, that is pure pure crap. You shouldn't be impressed, you should be embarrassed and take some art lessons or some shit.

5. I gather this project isn't a joke, which seriously worries me. There is someone in the world who can genuinely make something this horrible AND take it seriously. Do NOT develop this into a series. Wait about 3-4 years then make a one-off game. When I was 13 I wanted to turn my terrible game "Masamune" into a series and developed the first two games in the series at once. The idea of the second one WAS better, but I stopped to practice. Now I'm developing one standalone game.

just you wait for the game to be freaking released you don't even know what is happening here...
wait for a while until the version 0.3 released and then you can talk like that...
i taken every post seriously and also secretlyput it into a game if i want to...
and other project are being pending... not yet been working on...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 01:03:09 PM by jomarcenter »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's his game, not yours. Let him roam free :gracie:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

just you wait for the game to be freaking released you don't even know what is happening here...
wait for a while until the version 0.3 released and then you can talk like that...
i taken every post seriously and also secretlyput it into a game if i want to...
I imagine 0.3 will be amazing. It HAS taken you nearly two weeks to do -_-

Rep:
Level 69
   I think jomar is missing a sense of self-polishing. A great thing to help you in your game is to play games in similar format(gameboy games and other rpg maker games) and see what qualities you should take out of them. It always seems like a good idea at first to rush ahead because you might forget to add something or because you want to prove that you can make an entire game quickly, but it totally kills it. If you get ideas, write them down. If your on a map and it doesn't look right(or there's not much in it), make it smaller or spend a lot more time on it. Quite frankly though, you don't listen to people, so all the advice in the world won't help you.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
This kid needs one of his parents to monitor his activities on the computer because his posts are getting to be ridiculous now.  I'm all for the "ignore him and let him fade into the darkness of obscurity" approach because seeing each of his posts have pissed me off, especially seeing this ungrateful post:

Look, you spoiled little brat.  If you are going to use any other people's ideas, the proper thing to do is to answer them and also THANK them, not ignore them and "secretly" put their ideas to use.  If you don't want everyone to know, you could simply PM them using the forum's private message system.  I also read your post about how "every big is fix" and your english is "fix" but frankly, this is impossible unless you got someone else to do all of your dialog because your English is still terrible.  For regular conversation, this wouldn't be such a big problem but you are making a GAME and it is a game that you are putting out there for everyone to see.  Everyone learns second languages by speaking it and writing it but your English leaves something to be desired so writing it off as "freaking fix" is a failure just like your game will be if you don't start treating people with a little more respect. 

If you were my child, I would have whooped your ass and grounded you from the computer by now with how you treat some of the people who are actually trying to give you constructive criticism like D&P3...

Do you want people to not make fun of your game?  Cancel the piece of shit or don't release it until it is actually good...
Do you want people to not make fun of you?  Deal with it because people are assholes and there is always one troll...
Do you want people to show you respect?  Learn to show some respect yourself, boy.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
This kid needs one of his parents to monitor his activities on the computer because his posts are getting to be ridiculous now.  I'm all for the "ignore him and let him fade into the darkness of obscurity" approach because seeing each of his posts have pissed me off, especially seeing this ungrateful post:

Look, you spoiled little brat.  If you are going to use any other people's ideas, the proper thing to do is to answer them and also THANK them, not ignore them and "secretly" put their ideas to use.  If you don't want everyone to know, you could simply PM them using the forum's private message system.  I also read your post about how "every big is fix" and your english is "fix" but frankly, this is impossible unless you got someone else to do all of your dialog because your English is still terrible.  For regular conversation, this wouldn't be such a big problem but you are making a GAME and it is a game that you are putting out there for everyone to see.  Everyone learns second languages by speaking it and writing it but your English leaves something to be desired so writing it off as "freaking fix" is a failure just like your game will be if you don't start treating people with a little more respect. 

If you were my child, I would have whooped your ass and grounded you from the computer by now with how you treat some of the people who are actually trying to give you constructive criticism like D&P3...

Do you want people to not make fun of your game?  Cancel the piece of shit or don't release it until it is actually good...
Do you want people to not make fun of you?  Deal with it because people are assholes and there is always one troll...
Do you want people to show you respect?  Learn to show some respect yourself, boy.
:rdetermined: supporting this statement all the way.
なんでやねん

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
can we like

ignore this

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Now for a nice suggestion for your story Jomarcenter (because the more you reveal, the less I like your game [It just sounds really bad to me])

Make your towers in a time-travelling loop, they've already got an time travelling orb inside them (or at least that's how I read it), so make them travel through time at random intervals so that you can only access one tower whenever it returns to your timezone and only give a certain amount of time to be able to enter it and continue the main story quest.

Since your game allows players to do other quests besides the main ones, this would work with your game and it gives a nice middle finger to the player if they didn't decide to do the main story quest when it was available because they have to wait for it to return.
So we're just going to ignore this then?

Just throwing it out there, I don't see what everyone thinks is so great about this idea. It's not even a storyline. It's a gameplay element, and a fairly bad one at that. You should never give "the middle finger" to the player for wanting to do sidequests.

And while I agree that Jomar really needs to improve his story, he's not exactly obligated to take every joe-shmoe's story piece.

I agree with firerain. I'm sick of seeing this in my unread posts, and it's always the same handful of people repeating the same thing with the same answers given. If his game is bad, don't play it. If he doesn't take your advice, don't waste your time. This whole trying to hammer it into his head no matter how long it takes thing is really stupid. Honestly, don't you people have better things to do? There are plenty of other horrible games out there you can make fun of. This isn't even the worst one I've seen.

Rep:
Level 84
It always seems like a good idea at first to rush ahead because you might forget to add something or because you want to prove that you can make an entire game quickly, but it totally kills it.

That statement may not be entirely true. While I mostly agree with it, I have friends who have rushed through a game to get the main story done. I played their beta's and they were kinda cruddy, but while I was beta testing the main storyline, my friends went through and polished it, added sidequests, improved mapping and made it just an all-around better game. That's my argument for that statement.

Maybe Jormacenter is doing that (I highly doubt it).

Anyway, there's always the exception to the rule.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9

No hope.

Hmm..
I really wonder what'll happen to this 'Future Helpers' project.  ???
Will it be a success, or will it be the worst game of the year?
...Nobody knows.

Spoiler for:
Most probably it'll be the worst game of the year/lifetime of the RPG Maker series.
Well, making the worst game ever is also some kind of success...
Jomar -

I honestly don't care.

Oh, i believe you that he cried, i would too, but i think you got the reason why he cried wrong...