RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] N-Star Official Thread

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
If you're gonna criticize, do it like Revtattertot.

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Don't think I'm on your side or anything: I'm just trying to be at least borderline civil, just to keep from creating a net-mess.

Just take our words to heart and put effort into your game. If you want an example of how it can be better for a 1st timer, I have a demo up you can see. It would probably be a pretty good idea to take notes and references, so as to display and process your databases and events properly. In trying to keep in my civil tone, I'm just going to end my advisory right here with this:

Take our advice [or at least mine],
Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you're gonna criticize, do it like Revtattertot.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
The next demo should be up by tomorrow, with some actually original music (composed by amkrogh89) for the battle themes!

EDIT: Wow, I already put it up!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:39:01 PM by AuraMasterNeal »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'll download it and let you know what I think.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Now when I play the game, I can't see any text at all. You'll need to include the proper font file for this game if you would like people to play it.

Also, you've got two wav files in this project that you really don't need, and that ridiculous amount of space it is taking up can be drastically shortened to make you demo smaller in size.

So again, please convert your audio files into ogg format.

I cannot play this game without any text either.

OH MY GOD IT WAS A FONT INCLUDED WITH WINDOWS!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I was giving the topic a chance and the OP lost me when I saw this.

I hope you don't plan on selling to people outside of your school because you wont sell much outside of your school at all.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
My review thus far:
Spoiler for:

Here's the first screen after the intro.  Let me suggest changing your system background as it's VERY difficult to read the white text.

See how much easier that is to read? At the bare minimum switch back to the default.

As has been stated, your maps are very bare.  Please look at these tutorials and follow their advice for making maps that are a bit more pleasing on the eye.  Another suggestion would be to design with the maker in 1/1, so you can have a better idea of what the player is seeing when they play the game.

http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=51224
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/tutorial/rmvx-village-mapping-tutorial_48.html
http://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/379/

You'll notice that each of these have a different approach and yet they all "fill the screen' when they map.  Try to accomplish the same effect, but of course, in your own style.

The same applies to your interiors:

Think about your own home, and what all fills a room or what all is needed to live there.  These poor NPC's need much more in their space!

Also, a personal preference: You allow the character in several places to touch the "edge of the map" without teleporting anywhere.  Please put up walls or similar so that it doesn't appear that an invisible barrier has stopped your character.

This is an excellent tutorial on interior mapping:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/1176-mapping-in-five-easy-steps-indras-quick-and-practical-method/

Pay careful attention to how he designs his rooms.

As far as game play goes, you haven't really given the player much to go on other than he was created to defend heaven and is now trapped in a city just outside a beach.  I say trapped because as I went to fight the burglar, the music file was not there.  The game crashed and I wasn't able to play any further.

Also, please think about what NPC's are doing and why.  I know very few people who would offer me $50,000 just for walking into their house and agreeing to do them a favor.  Your "city" is also sparsely populated.  I counted 5 people, one of whom owns a shop that sells speed ups you can buy without limit (after obtaining $50,000), another owns a dojo, one gives you the money, one is an old lady and another the city's only crook.  Do you know many villages that only have 5 people?  Consider giving more life to your city.

Please continue to work hard on your game's map and plot.  Ask the who, what, when, how and why questions of your plot and give us more to go with.

I would also recommend giving back all of your friend's money before they ask for it back.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Spoiler for:

I would also recommend giving back all of your friend's money before they ask for it back.

This time infinity.

Also, if you do continue to work on this game, learn some restraint and when someone is giving you criticism, don't yell at them(that's what big letters is perceived as) or get angry like you have done in every post that was responding to some of the best criticism one can get.  If you want us to talk to you like a child and say "aw it is so good you did a good job but try to color in the lines next time," we won't...well some of us might but you'd have to be a pretty cute looking child...and probably in a grade lower than 7th, so get used to a bit harsher criticism.  Most of it in this thread was very constructive and should have been enough for you to learn from.

Regardless, you better get to working on that game and learning how to do things better.  You've only got till June 15th to finish it thanks to the release date you set...and you've got a lot of work to do to make things better.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Spoiler for:

Bahaha. It's not entirely unreasonable to measure each tile to be about 1.5m^2 when you take into account average human height and the size of the default sprites vs. the tilesets; in essence that would mean these people have houses that are at least 165m^2. These big rooms are about the size of an average american household and their sole furniture is a bedroll, a king-sized bed or a bar counter. Just imagine the echo a "house" like that would produce ;8
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Once again, the maps showing the apparent detail or lack thereof. The music's a plus, but only slightly, and unfortunately, I literally did get a migrain from trying to read some of the text. The story hasn't been developed upon much, so not much else I can say, nad I did experience that crash the other guy had.

I did see "some" progress, but not enough.

With civility,
Revtattertot.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
Just played it...
Here is my one-word-review:
MINDFUCK!

Rep:
Level 69
http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=51224
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/tutorial/rmvx-village-mapping-tutorial_48.html
http://rpgmaker.net/tutorials/379/

You'll notice that each of these have a different approach and yet they all "fill the screen' when they map.  Try to accomplish the same effect, but of course, in your own style.

Think about your own home, and what all fills a room or what all is needed to live there.  These poor NPC's need much more in their space!

Also, a personal preference: You allow the character in several places to touch the "edge of the map" without teleporting anywhere.  Please put up walls or similar so that it doesn't appear that an invisible barrier has stopped your character.

This is an excellent tutorial on interior mapping:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/1176-mapping-in-five-easy-steps-indras-quick-and-practical-method/
I was actually looking for mapping tutorials yesterday, this actually  helped me.

To the op: You have to move out of your comfort zone and make things realistic to some extent or be willing to scrap things that aren't 'up-to-par' even if you have the emotional attachment of the time spent on them. The main character may be important, but not everyone will treat them the same(I'm not talking about allies vs. enemies). Also, when it comes to storyline, the characters should feel as though they are all independent of one another with possibly different motivations.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
1. Short thread.
2. NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER.
3. "This is a brand new game that's out in 8 weeks" By the looks of it it's taken you about a day to make it so far.
4. MONEY? SERIOUSLY? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? I can't even BEGIN to explain all the shit wrong with that. My god.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
What's the current review thus far on your game since it's release yesterday?

You been doing well? :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
His "website" hasn't even updated, hah. Total scam :gracie:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
This is my first game, and I've already sold $200 worth of preorders, so I wouldn't be worried.
You must have a big family.
I cried laughing XD

Is this horrible game even out yet?
Also, read my previous post for my full opinion on this calamity.