RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] N-Star Official Thread

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
N-Star is a new COMMERCIAL project that is being developed in RMVX. The release date is JUNE 15th!

Storyline
N-Star is a person that was formed when the respective black and white shurikens of a demon and an angel combined in midair. The object of the game is to go out and defeat Devon and Satan. (Yes, I know this sounds religious, but that's not the POINT!)

Demo is here!, and preorder link is here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:38:22 PM by AuraMasterNeal »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
What does this game even look like? I checked the website and couldn't get any useful information there either. Besides that the game is $15.00.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Sounds really good. Where do I send my money?

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
I'd try the demo before I buy it, but... on the site you can use paypal.

EDIT: Demo is up!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 12:28:47 AM by AuraMasterNeal »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Just looking at your signature link makes me not want to try it.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I tried the demo... Let's start off with, is this a joke?

[Feedback (more or less)]:
> The title screen makes me laugh, and I'm still confused as to what it's supposed to be. When you go to your menu, you see the picture of someone that isn't even you. The maps look like you worked on them for a good 30 seconds, then went to the next. Everything is big and blank. You start on some beach in which you have to run left on a black grass map until you eventually notice a small brick house. Enter the "Door" on the house and you appear in a giant city, which again is very big and blank. This town had 3 houses (that could be entered), the first was a big room with a man who says you can train inside. Go through a gate inside this house and you fight one-hittable enemies and get insane exp. The second is a blank house, with a staircase in the far right corner that leads to a blank room with a talking bed that asks if you want to sleep on it for 25$. The third house is a shop with 6 items. That's the demo. Congratulations?

Again, is this a joke? Because you're expecting 15$ for a game so poorly built, that a child could create it, and send it into the Game In a Week Contest 6 days early.

I'm not usually this harsh... I feel strange.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Just looking at your signature link makes me not want to try it.
Quite true. @_@
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
Alright, I'm no ace game creator, but I am quite the game player.

I would comment on the blandness of your maps, but that would be giving your maps too much credit. Try adding some scenery and such. Not to mention the maps are way bigger than they need to be. As for the text, all I have to say is "why?" You can't even read a whole line because it gets cut off. I'm not even going to comment on the title screen. The easiest and most effective improvement you could make is to not charge people for this. This game needs a lot of work.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'd pay $30.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Oh gawd... I'm usually very constructive with my cristicism of a game.
But Fuck me, this title screen is fucking terrible, I can barely read any of this writing.

Just extracting it was painful to watch... We all have the RTP, you do not need to include that in your game download, and it will save quite a lot of space if you don't. Then again, I won't continue to complain about this seen as how you plan to sell this game, and your 'customers' probably won't have the RTP.

Extracted a 'wav' file... It's only three minutes long and it's nearly 30MB, goddamn it man, convert your music into an ogg file. And whilst typing this, your title screen music has 'attempted' to loop and that static that it made just killed my ears :mad:

AHHHH!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: started a new game and couldn't read jack shit of what the text said. Please for all holy goodness, change that background in the window or at least change the freaking text colours.
If I can't read the text without squinting, you're doing something wrong.

LOL, what kind of mapping is this... I thought that I was terrible at mapping, you literally have NOTHING on these maps, some sand, some grass and some water is not something I consider to be an 'ok' map.

@Anyone else who played the game, was I the only one who was stuck at the road because I thought it was a wall?

Uhm, WTF!? some guy asked me if I wanted to challenge him and when I said no, I got a game over...

Nope, I'm done with this game.

I agree with everything that hiromu656 said. This had better be a joke.
I'm normally somebody who is nice and gives good constructive feedback on a game... But this game, man... This game. :mad:

The title screen irritated me, The fact that I need to focus to read irritates me (change your font type as well, cause even in the parts where I COULD see the text clearly, I still needed to focus because of that font).

The battling is just the default battle system, which is fine, I'm using it too... But, add something to it... Give it a HUD, a better background image, dynamic monsters that don't die in one hit... SERIOUSLY, ANYTHING.

And the worst thing (at least for me), there is NO story to this, I saw some stuff about a demon, then nothing.

Your signature which advertises your game is also terrible, and it's WAY too big.

:bigmad:

Also, this is NOT a demo, this is a 10 minute game to request feedback, and boy do you sure have a lot of work to put into this game before June 15th.

Good luck.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Spoiler for:
Oh gawd... I'm usually very constructive with my cristicism of a game.
But Fuck me, this title screen is fucking terrible, I can barely read any of this writing.

Just extracting it was painful to watch... We all have the RTP, you do not need to include that in your game download, and it will save quite a lot of space if you don't. Then again, I won't continue to complain about this seen as how you plan to sell this game, and your 'customers' probably won't have the RTP.

Extracted a 'wav' file... It's only three minutes long and it's nearly 30MB, goddamn it man, convert your music into an ogg file. And whilst typing this, your title screen music has 'attempted' to loop and that static that it made just killed my ears :mad:

AHHHH!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: started a new game and couldn't read jack shit of what the text said. Please for all holy goodness, change that background in the window or at least change the freaking text colours.
If I can't read the text without squinting, you're doing something wrong.

LOL, what kind of mapping is this... I thought that I was terrible at mapping, you literally have NOTHING on these maps, some sand, some grass and some water is not something I consider to be an 'ok' map.

@Anyone else who played the game, was I the only one who was stuck at the road because I thought it was a wall?

Uhm, WTF!? some guy asked me if I wanted to challenge him and when I said no, I got a game over...

Nope, I'm done with this game.

I agree with everything that hiromu656 said. This had better be a joke.
I'm normally somebody who is nice and gives good constructive feedback on a game... But this game, man... This game. :mad:

The title screen irritated me, The fact that I need to focus to read irritates me (change your font type as well, cause even in the parts where I COULD see the text clearly, I still needed to focus because of that font).

The battling is just the default battle system, which is fine, I'm using it too... But, add something to it... Give it a HUD, a better background image, dynamic monsters that don't die in one hit... SERIOUSLY, ANYTHING.

And the worst thing (at least for me), there is NO story to this, I saw some stuff about a demon, then nothing.

Your signature which advertises your game is also terrible, and it's WAY too big.

:bigmad:

Also, this is NOT a demo, this is a 10 minute game to request feedback, and boy do you sure have a lot of work to put into this game before June 15th.

Good luck.
Seems as if someone is :mad: today.
Anyways, I agree with what DP3 said. This game just ISN'T cut out to be a commercial game.
I mean liek, srsly.
なんでやねん

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't know what you guys are talking about, this game looks amazing!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
I don't know what you guys are talking about, this game looks amazing!
^This.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Quote from: AbsoluteIce
Seems as if someone is :mad: today.

Not at all.

But the best way to explain how I felt about what I've seen in this game was with many :mad: faces.

Generally, when you have a commercial game, you also have a demo version for people to play to test if they would like the full version or not, if this is seriously considered to be a demo for a commercial game, I'm not expecting many sales.

Aside from that, this is probably a joke anyway, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Many things:
1st, I AM GOING TO CHANGE THE FONT!!!!!!!!!!!
2nd, after you train in the ring, there is a first boss
3rd, YOU DON'T SEE THE WHOLE GAME IN THE DEMO!!!! (There are plenty of bonus missions after you beat the game.
I admit, some of the first maps are a little bland, and I'm going to make the beach smaller, and add more buildings to the city. Besides that, I HAVE WORKED A VERY LONG TIME ON THE REST OF THE GAME!!!!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
So do you have any better demos?

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll give my demo review. First off what the heck do you do? I'm not trying to sound mean it's just it talks about some angel-devil thing and then I'm on a beach. After finding my way into the city I go to into the houses, which by the way had really screwed up doors. I did the training thing and got to level three instantly after hitting him once. Then I went out and fought some robber which was also one hit kill. I would remove the debug thing; if you want me to I can give you a simple cheat script I wrote. In conclusion, please redo the whole. This is in no way meant to be used commercially. I would recommend looking at this mapping tutorial . Also I would add some more features; Atelier has great scripts that you can use commercially. Scrap the title screen it's awful. Finally I would hire someone to do graphics; it's all part of going commercial.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Many things:
3rd, YOU DON'T SEE THE WHOLE GAME IN THE DEMO!!!! (There are plenty of bonus missions after you beat the game.
I admit, some of the first maps are a little bland, and I'm going to make the beach smaller, and add more buildings to the city. Besides that, I HAVE WORKED A VERY LONG TIME ON THE REST OF THE GAME!!!!

Wow, I'm suddenly convinced that I need to give you all my money!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Many things:
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
Alright, the title screen is in the process of being fixed up, I added the student as a training guy, and I'll even admit the robber is too weak. Thanks for the constructive criticism!  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:  :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Hey, don't be mad. We're a community designed to help people get better at rpg maker. How long have you been using the program? You can't jump into making commercial games on day one. Start smaller.

Rep:
Level 57
Makin' a commercial game
This is my first game, and I've already sold $200 worth of preorders, so I wouldn't be worried.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
This is my first game, and I've already sold $200 worth of preorders, so I wouldn't be worried.
wat.
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
You must have a big family.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Some people would buy anything...