RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] New Battling System

Rep:
Level 58
I was wondering if anyone could make me a script for a new battling system kind of like the one in Recettear. Each class has a slightly different kind of way to battle and you can change who is battling in the start menu.
Fighters move at an average speed and use a sword attacking like Link does in the Zelda games.
Lancers move at an average speed and throw lances long ranged at the enemy.
Warrior are slower moving than the rest of the classes but more powerful they attack with a powerful blow from a hammer or axe on the space in front of them.
Thieves are faster than everyone else and slash out, moving slightly forward with daggers.
Hunters are as fast as thieves, and use long ranged bows whose arrows move straight until obstructed by a wall
Gunners move at an average speed and but are more powerful than hunters, there guns have the same effect as bows.
Clerics attack weakly with maces but are really meant for healing mostly so they are not all that good to have out, Healing costs MP. They move at the same speed at gunners.
Mages fire a ball of pure magic at the enemy whose effects depend on the magic used. For the most part, they move straight and then when they hit a solid object or a monster they explode in a shower of whatever element they are. Mages have the most powerful attacks but there magic uses MP once that runs out they attack weakly with there rods. :zwink:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:28:20 AM by BadWolf »
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Blizz ABS Most if not al of those things that you'd like can be done.

Linky

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I think it'd be best if you answered this question first:
WHAT ENGINE ARE YOU USING?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Damn i thought it was in the XP board for some reason

Rep:
Level 58
I think it'd be best if you answered this question first:
WHAT ENGINE ARE YOU USING?

Sorry mate, I'm using RPG Maker XP :zwink:
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale: