RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Quest Journal 1.0.3

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
RMRK Junior
Oh it's like that...
I thought It can be open without any quest..
Anyway, Thanks for the fast reply ^_^

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
Wannabe Scripter
This script looks awesome, hope to be implementing it soon.  Thanks!
We may rise and fall, but in the end we'll meet our fate together.

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Where can I change the font size of the text inside the "description" box? I'd prefer it somewhat smaller than the default font size, but I didn't find the right line to edit this. Same with the text in Quest Objectives - is there a way to change the font size for these?

Also, might it be possible to place just plain text inside the "rewards" section? The main quest of my game doesn't have any specific item rewards, but as a flavor text it'd be nice to include something there. For example I tried this:

q[:rewards]           = "The King has promised you great wealth should you succeed with your quest, young hero."

but it didn't show up in the game at all.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
In the Configuration section, you ought to see the following:

Code: [Select]
  FONTSIZES = {
    normal:         false, # normal: default font size
    scene_label:    28,    # scene_label: fontsize for the Scene Label window
    category_label: 24,    # category_label: fontsize for Category Label window
  } # <= Do not touch.

As explained in the instrunctions dealing with font aspects generally, you can change the i=size of the description text by simply inserting a line to do so. In other words, something like this:

FONTSIZES = {
    normal:         false, # normal: default font size
    description:    16, # <- THIS
    scene_label:    28,    # scene_label: fontsize for the Scene Label window
    category_label: 24,    # category_label: fontsize for Category Label window
  } # <= Do not touch.

Change the 16 to whatever you want the font size to be. Mind you, it won't change the line height, just the size of the text.
For the reward thing, not really, no. I'd recommend just adding it to the description.

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Thanks for the fast reply! - must've missed that part about the font size I see  ::) The rewards text part I can live without, it's very minor.

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Hello,

I read in the instruction there is a demoi but I didn't saw it in the first page.
Can you upload one please ?
My english isn't that good to be able to understand all the instructions.

Rep: +0/-0Level 61
RMRK Junior
I am wondering when the demo will be released.
Thanks in advanced
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:05:58 AM by shadowfox43 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
hello,

Is it possible to delete the categories and only see the active quest?

Thank you
World of Forestia project

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yes. Around line 357, you ought to see this:

#  CATEGORIES - This array allows you to set which categories are available
  # in the Quest scene. The default categories are :all, :active, :complete,
  # and :failed, and their names are self-explanatory. You can add custom
  # categories as well, but note that you will need to make sure that each new
  # category has an icon set in the ICONS hash, as well as a label set in the
  # CATEGORY_VOCAB hash (if you are using SHOW_CATEGORY_LABEL). It is also
  # advisable to give it a sort type, unless you are fine with it being sorted
  # by ID, as is default.
  CATEGORIES = [:all, :active, :complete, :failed]

Just change the last line there to:

CATEGORIES = [:active]

RMRK Junior
Thank you but it gives me an error at line 2464

error :

"Undefined method 'height' for nil: NilClass"

EDIT :

On a blank project it gives me an error line 2547

@quest_category_window.activate if QuestData::CONCURRENT_ACTIVITY &&

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 07:49:18 PM by spywaretoff »

Rep:
Level 97
Sorry about that. The script removes the category window altogether when there is only one category, and it looks like I did not account for its absence at all points in the script. It should be fixed now, so you can grab the script again from pastebin. It is not necessary to replace the configuration section of the script if you have already altered aspects of that.

@others - I will try to release a demo sometime this week or the next.

RMRK Junior
Thank you it's perfect like this!

Superb script it helps me a lot in my game,

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
@others - I will try to release a demo sometime this week or the next.
Yes, please :)

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
great script im already using this in my game!

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Just wanted to give my compliments on this.  It's a rad script; been usin' it from the start of my project now and by havin' access to this it's inspired me to make more of the Chapter Two section and allow it to have some more questy type options :)

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
Don't forget about the demo, please  ;D

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I have no idea how to begin working this. I need a demo D:

Rep:
Level 56
Hello \o/
Hi ! (:
I want to use this script but with Syvkal's Ring Menu (the pastebin) but I don't know where in the quest script, I can "put" the menu quest in the ring menu (I've already the Icon)

EDIT : Finally, I found how display the icon ! x)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 05:59:17 PM by Teel »

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Hi, I am getting the following error :

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1409 : NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'remove_quest' for
#<Game_Interpreter:0x8281f74>

It is being triggered when I use the script call event and the command remove_quest(5)
Using RMVXA

Rep:
Level 97
Hi, I am getting the following error :

Script 'Game_Interpreter' line 1409 : NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'remove_quest' for
#<Game_Interpreter:0x8281f74>

It is being triggered when I use the script call event and the command remove_quest(5)
Using RMVXA

Sorry, use delete_quest, not remove_quest.

So:

delete_quest(5)

I must have left remove_quest in the instructions accidentally from a previous version.

Hi ! (:
I want to use this script but with Syvkal's Ring Menu (the pastebin) but I don't know where in the quest script, I can "put" the menu quest in the ring menu (I've already the Icon)

EDIT : Finally, I found how display the icon ! x)

So, just to be clear, this is resolved?

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Yes I resolved it, thanks for the reply. I used the following command manually_complete_quest(5) instead. What was strange was that some of the quests with remove_quest would work and some would give me that error, love your script though. Currently using your script in my project Defender of Alefguard.

Rep:
Level 97
Good to hear/read!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
For anyone who's been having trouble getting started with the script, I've drawn up a short, unofficial basics demo (with moderns permission, for those who would like to know) to cover the foundations of the script.

This covers receiving quests, completing and revealing objectives, finishing quests and repeating quests.  There's no combat, just collection and interaction, and only takes five minutes to run through, but should give you all the understanding you need to get started with the script.

Hopefully this will help anyone having problems until modern has time to make his official demo :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3l1hxljnmso290l

Have fun :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Found a bug in the demo that reset my red flower key items to 1. Below is how I came across this issue. Hope it helps!

I picked up 10 red flowers first before talking to the quest giver who requests white flowers. I did not talk to the girl to wants red flowers again before this. I then picked up a few white flowers and completed the quest multiple times. After this I went over to the old man and then the sword. I did not view the credits before completing the red flower quest. After this I went back to the first map with the red flower quest but my red flowers were reset to 1. There were still red flowers in the field but the amount only totaled to 9 after the reset, thus not allowing me to complete the quest.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
(above issue mentioned has been fixed.  The issue was in the repeatable boys page, where it was taking reds instead of whites.  modern actually noticed this issue at first, but apparently I forgot to change it on both pages.)

For anyone who's been having trouble getting started with the script, I've drawn up a short, unofficial basics demo (with moderns permission, for those who would like to know) to cover the foundations of the script.

This covers receiving quests, completing and revealing objectives, finishing quests and repeating quests.  There's no combat, just collection and interaction, and only takes five minutes to run through, but should give you all the understanding you need to get started with the script.

Hopefully this will help anyone having problems until modern has time to make his official demo

http://www.mediafire.com/?sy17loho2mofc02

Hopefully, there should be no more issues within it.

Have fun :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 04:04:51 PM by Brady »