RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
In-game menu screen modifying help needed!

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
Noobish foreigner
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I'm sorry for my English; it's not my native language, so... I hope we'll understand each other quite well.

I'm working with rpg maker xp for 2 years already, but I never tried to mess up with scripts except for one day, when I deleted some unwanted things from the menu. It was kinda easy.

But this time I have to do something more huge with the scene_menu. And I don't know how to do it, really.
You know, I'm making a pokemon-styled game with my own bunch of monsters mechanincs and attacks.
I realize how can I change the battle screen, the battle formulas to calculate the damage etc - it's not the script nightmare. It's quite easy.

But I have to rebuild the whole menu, and it's a pain to my brains.

So the list of changes that need to be done:
1)The menu should consist of these options: Your monsters list, your progress screen (like pokemon trainer card), bestiary. Save/Quit/Items options should be left there with new ones.
2)Monsters list should show the screen with in-party characters. Like the standart to the right in the menu but it should take the whole screen.
3)Progress card should be a...table with different ingame variables shown.
4)Bestiary may be arranged like an items menu screen with some items being selectable (the names of the seen monsters, yeah). Also a way to add new monsters here is greatly appreciated. Something with variables should down, I know.

Well... I have one more question but it's optional to answer, I hope I will find this out myself: How can I make the main character (his sprite in the overworld) not seen in the character's list? He's not a monster so he shouldn't battle and shouldn't be listed there. The only way I managed to do this is the instant character graphics change thingie but it affects only graphics, but not the name etc.

Thanks!
Any help is wanted badly!

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
I might've moved this to the wrong board, but after reading I figured that being in the script request fits this more since it requires to modify the base scripts. Please move if it's the wrong board :)