RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game Introduction Tutorial

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
Now, after getting some help from this forum and by experimenting by myself, I managed to compile my own opening scene. A bit basic, but I noticed that there was no tutorial for it. As simple as it may be, newbies like me may appreciate the help. So, I would formally like to congratulate myself on writing my first tutorial, as simple as it is ~(^.^)~

Here goes;

Knowledge needed: Events/Actions

Well, most openings usually consist of either a monologue, or an interaction between characters. Mine was actually between two of the main NPCs [Non Player Characters], rather, the main boss and his assosiate in the game.

So, in a list, this is how I did things;

1 - I created a new hero to become one of my NPCs.

Tools ----> Database -------> Hero

Click Apply, OK.

Note: I created my other character as well, but I had my starting party as 'Yaki', and I changed my party afterwards.

2 - Next, I created a new event, choosing the graphic for my second character.

Click Apply, OK.

3 - Event Layer, again. Double click anywhere, preferably somewhere near the starting position of the NPC, and control your characters from there. Please note to put the Trigger on 'AutoStart', and control both characters from one area. This is what mine looked like;

There are 2 very important things I did.

The first; How I made the 2nd NPC disappear as he was moving.

I really couldn't figure out how to get the character to walk off screen, so what I did was I changed the Sprite graphic to 'None' when he got to the end of the screen, giving the effect that the character moved off screen. Look above at the image. I changed the sprite to 'None' after he had finished moving and got to the end of the screen.

The second; The Party switch.

This is very, very easy. I clicked on the Change Party button, and ADDED the main character to the party first. Please note, when adding the player, UNTICK the box about the initial stage, because you will just get a really bad flicker between two players if you do decide to leave it ticked. After I added the player, I removed the other one and immediately teleported to the map on which my other character was on, and continued my game from there. Its pretty simple, though I'm sure most of you should know what I am talking about.

I know its a little rushed, but so am I ^.^. Any questions? Either email me or PM me.

I hope you guys enjoy the tutorial ^.^.

PS: This tutorial is designed for the newest of newbies, so please, excuse the simplicity of it. Thanks
"Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Soul Kingdom: ~||||||||||||||||||| [5% completed]

aaaaaaaaaa

Rep: +0/-0Level 91
Quote from: Halifax
aaaaaaaaaa

Im sry what.
I might not post often.

noname:
|||||||||||||||||||| 1% done

Quote from: Halifax
aaaaaaaaaa

Judging by your post Subject, I assume you liked the tutorial. Sorry it was a little rushed; I was pushed for time. Maybe I'll update it when I have a little bit of extra time.
"Knowledge is knowing that the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Soul Kingdom: ~||||||||||||||||||| [5% completed]