RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Build]Recommend to me...

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Okay, so here's the deal, right. As anyone reading this section knows, I have horrible luck with laptops. So I decided to root out the problem at the source. I am building my own gaming rig. I have everything set up and set to ship out on new egg in about three days, but I haven't yet decided on a keyboard. So here's what I want you to do. RMRK, in all your infinite wisdom, recommend me with the best gaming keyboard you have used, or that you can find, and write down a list of pro's and con's. I can't figure out for the life of me which one to choose. I was thinking a Razer would be nice, but I've heard mixed things about their keyboards. If possible, I would also like it to be wireless. Thanks for your time!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:36:00 AM by Tod »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Buy a cheap one. Don't waste your money.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
What constitutes a gaming keyboard? A keyboard that works with games? A keyboard that has programmable hotkeys? A keyboard that glows?

The best keyboard I've ever used in my life is the Apple wired keyboard (wireless version doesn't have a number pad and has tiny arrow keys for some stupid reason). It's amazing to type on, it looks good, it's REALLY durable and it has two USB ports on it. It also works perfectly fine for gaming.

But I can't recommend a keyboard to you because it depends on personal preference and the build of your hands. You need to try a keyboard in person before you buy it.

As far as Razer goes, they're a pretty reliable brand from my experience. I use the Razer copperhead mouse, and it's good. I did have an issue where the button became hard to click, but they replaced it for free.

Also, don't listen to Malson and buy a cheap keyboard. Buy a good keyboard.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Anyone who spends more than 20 dollars on a keyboard is foolish and/or pretentious.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
I'm really neither, But I'm picky and would like what I buy to last. I'm not saying I want to spend a hundred dollars on a keyboard, I would still like to get a good price, but I would also like to get the quality that I pay for. I'm not against spending upwards of 80$ on a keyboard, if I get 80$ worth of use and quality from it. And by gaming, I mean that it would cater to the needs of the average gamer. Good response time, preferably lit somehow, wireless if possible (I understand wireless might reduce the response time), A good set of programmable keys, too. Just a generally good keyboard.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Anyone who spends more than 20 dollars on a keyboard is foolish and/or pretentious.
I spent 45 dollars on my keyboard because it's the best keyboard in the world and it's worth it. Its build quality is tremendous. Its keys never stick. It has USB ports. It looks gorgeous on my desk. I make significantly less errors when typing. I type faster than I do on any other keyboard. There's nothing foolish nor pretentious about paying for something better.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I spent 17 dollars on my keyboard. Its build quality is tremendous. Its keys never stick. It doesn't have USB ports, but that's why my computer is in a case and not taped to the desk. It looks like a keyboard on my desk. I don't make errors when I type anyway. I type fast regardless of keyboard. There's nothing foolish nor pretentious about paying for something better, unless light-up keys and USB ports are what one might consider "better."

Rep:
Level 102
My keys don't light up, but that is convenient for some people, especially in dark rooms. And, I do think it's nice for a keyboard that's taking up a USB port to offer that port back and then some.

Malson, I'm going to introduce a concept that may be shocking to you, but not everybody likes the same things. I probably would not enjoy using whatever generic plastic keyboard you have. What works for you does not necessarily work for others. The world doesn't revolve around Chris Malson. It may be foolish for you to spend over $20 on a keyboard, since you're perfectly fine using a cheap keyboard, but it's not necessarily foolish for anybody else. :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:07:42 AM by Malson »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
lol, keyboard fight.
I personally think a keyboard's a keyboard. As long as it has all the necessary keys, I don't really care. My friend used to dumpster dive for keyboards. He had a ton of them. I'm not really sure why he felt the need to hoard keyboards, but to each his own I suppose.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Keyboards that are anti-ghosting a really important to me, especially when I'm trying to play with my friends on the same keyboard. Even games that require diagonal movement sometimes screw up and force me vertical when I'm using my bad keyboard because the ghosting is just that horrible. It also helps you avoid tiny errors that you get when your typing really quickly and pressing too many buttons at once.

Also, Razer is an pretty good brand that has some neat stuff.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, keyboards are keyboards. If you want to spend a lot on something nice that's an "accessory" (like things that aren't actually inside your computer's case), I suggest a nice monitor and then a nice mouse. If not, a nice speakers or webcam or microphone (if you like recording). Keyboards aren't really... that different from each other.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
guess how much I spent on my usb keyboard with media buttons and numpad.

Spoiler for:
1 dollar

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, keyboards are keyboards. If you want to spend a lot on something nice that's an "accessory" (like things that aren't actually inside your computer's case), I suggest a nice monitor and then a nice mouse. If not, a nice speakers or webcam or microphone (if you like recording). Keyboards aren't really... that different from each other.

Not true, as cozziekuns said. Mechanical keyboards as far as I know have high reset rates and no ghosting issues, mean you can press any number of keys simultaneously and have all register. Higher quality matrix keyboards have less ghosting, but still generally so-so rollover (maximum simultaneous key presses), which is important for fast typing and gaming. Thing is, cheapest mechanical keyboard of which I know runs at like $80.

On my Apple wired keyboard (which is actually very comfortable and pretty as Irock said) I can't always press any few keys simultaneously. For example, S+D+4 works but then I can't maintain s+d and press any number key before 4; s+d+2/3 doesn't work. It can be a pretty big deal. It's a hard thing to gauge before purchasing as it's not always the same keys on identical keyboards. Basically though if the keyboard in question is said to have very bad rollover or ghosting I'd skip it.

Apple keyboards have nice resistance but require little pressure, and have adequate "pop-click" tactile feedback. I really love the two usb ports, too. For $45 I'm not at all regretful. However I'm probably going to invest in a mechanical keyboard when this dies out. I was shocked when I had to press something weird like w+e+d+3 all together and it didn't work. I mean I rarely do it but when I need to I want it to work.

I used to use a mircosoft ergonomic keyboard but it started to malfunction. It was magnificent, and had a really nice layout. It had a quite a few extra programmable keys, and very good rollover.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I got a free keyboard from the place I used to work. It does what I need it to do.

Speaking of Razer, I just bought the Naga Molten mouse. Its pretty awesome, but I had to return the first one because it was broken. Razer has some cool stuff, but they're incredibly fragile. My old mouse was a resilient bitch. I dropped it and dropped stuff on it and it still works. The Naga, though, I'm afraid to do anything with.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 11:55:25 AM by Holk »

Rep:
Level 102
My Razer copperhead is more durable than most mice I've owned in the past. I had one Logitech mouse that only lasted a few months. :(

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
My free shit two button/scroll wheel mouse has lasted for 6 years. If I get half that from the naga, ill be happy. Its really sweet, and with all the hotkeys on my thumb, it makes gaming more fun.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
My keyboard cost £3. Probably less, it came with a mouse too. It's great. It's a keyboard.
bringing sexy back

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I spent 45 dollars on my keyboard because it's the best keyboard in the world and it's worth it. Its build quality is tremendous. Its keys never stick. It has USB ports. It looks gorgeous on my desk. I make significantly less errors when typing. I type faster than I do on any other keyboard. There's nothing foolish nor pretentious about paying for something better.
The best keyboards in the world cost quite a bit more than 45 dollars.

I forget how much my keyboard cost. Maybe $20. It's just a Microsoft membrane keyboard that I found the most comfortable at the store. I'd love to try a nice mechanical keyboard, but I wouldn't want to pay much for it and the noise would probably be annoying.

Recommendation: Absolutely do not buy Razer. They're already too expensive for what they are, but they also have pretty high failure rates. I wouldn't buy wireless either, just because they're more prone to failure and there usually isn't much benefit. Hotkeys are useless for most games, so consider whether you really need them. If you're going to be playing lots of games centred around WASD and the number keys above them, you might want to find a keyboard which contours these keys so you can find them without looking. You shouldn't have to spend too much money to get a nice keyboard.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:30:18 AM by chewey »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
If it doesn't break for a few centuries, you'll be in front. By then it's practically free money.

Rep:
Level 102
It's all subjective.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
If you're going to be playing lots of games centred around WASD and the number keys above them, you might want to find a keyboard which contours these keys so you can find them without looking.

I just use the bump on the F key. Works for me, lol.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It's all subjective.
Then you should have said your favourite.

From your limited experience.

Also: bias.

If you're going to be playing lots of games centred around WASD and the number keys above them, you might want to find a keyboard which contours these keys so you can find them without looking.

I just use the bump on the F key. Works for me, lol.
Yeah man, problem* for me is usually finding the right number key to press without looking. I'm still really bad at it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:53:07 AM by chewey »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Recommendation: Absolutely do not buy Razer. 
Agreed. I'm personally in favour of their mice (or at least some of them), but their keyboards just look nice and are bleh.

Rep:
Level 102
I used to always call my favorites my favorites but then I realized most people call their favorite things the best things so I started speaking objectively. In fact I used to always tell people not to speak objectively when what they're saying is subjective but now I don't give a fuck!

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I used to always call my favorites my favorites but then I realized most people call their favorite things the best things so I started speaking objectively. In fact I used to always tell people not to speak objectively when what they're saying is subjective but now I don't give a fuck!
The Apple wired keyboard isn't really the best by any metric, except perhaps aesthetics which is pretty subjective. I think they look okay, but they look out of place next to anything other than Apple stuff.

Rep:
Level 102
But it is the best!

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
You're the worst.

The worst keyboard.

Rep:
Level 102
I'm the best in the world.

Rep:
Level 94
This thread could've been a lot shorter. But yeah. I love the magazine mouse, but like chewey said, they are fragile, and I probably wouldn't buy from them again.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
My free shit two button/scroll wheel mouse has lasted for 6 years. If I get half that from the naga, ill be happy. Its really sweet, and with all the hotkeys on my thumb, it makes gaming more fun.

Yeah I've got one too, I love that company.  That being said they do have some pretty slick keyboards but they're expensive, and you should only buy them if you know you'll use the extra keys they put on there for macros and gaming binds.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
http://www.stealth.com/peripherals_2000IS_DTPM_intrinsicallysafe_keyboard.htm

Wait... am I reading this right? 2 grand for a keyboard alone?

I'm using it for gaming, not space exploration ._.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots

Must have been made by the same people who made the Mac PC.

As for my two cents.

I've had 2 keyboards during my life time.

One that was included with my Windows 98 which I used until 2011.
(Yeah, computer AND keyboard worked perfectly fine for 13 years).

And one that came with my laptop in 2011 because I needed a portable PC for Uni.
Some laptop buttons are coming off and they're being a real pain in the ass to put em back on.

So I conclude, older keyboards equals better quality.
Thirteen years with no problems.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 102

Must have been made by the same people who made the Mac PC.

As for my two cents.

I've had 2 keyboards during my life time.

One that was included with my Windows 98 which I used until 2011.
(Yeah, computer AND keyboard worked perfectly fine for 13 years).

And one that came with my laptop in 2011 because I needed a portable PC for Uni.
Some laptop buttons are coming off and they're being a real pain in the ass to put em back on.

Thirteen years with no problems.
Are you trolling or mentally retarded.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm tempted to ask that whenever I read any of your posts Irock.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yeah, everybody knows Irock is mentally retarded.

Rep:
Level 102
Don't ever put me in the same category of Boe ever again you fucking whole.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Not trolling at all.

I genuinely used the same comp and keyboard for 13 years with no problems.

The keyboard even with-standed a few rage smashes when the comp was being a slow pain in the ass.

The keyboard layout is the same as todays anyway, so I don't see the difference.

However, I can CLEARLY tell you that keyboards made today are generic plastic crap.

My aunties keyboard for her pc failed and stopped working after around 8 months of usage, and it never took a rage smash.

So I once again conclude with my own personal opinion that older keyboards = better quality.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 102
First of all, you said "Must have been made by the same people who made the Mac PC" like a middle age man who's so out of touch with technology that they don't know that Apple makes the Mac and that Apple didn't make that keyboard.

Second of all, you came to the conclusion that all old keyboards are of higher quality based on you owning two keyboards in your entire life. That's the most hilariously unreliable and unscientific study cited that I've ever heard of.

You don't have to buy a shitty plastic keyboard if you don't want to. Go back to listening to conservative talk radio and leave technology to people who know what the fuck they're talking about you old piece of shit.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
You're so stupid, Irock.

Rep:
Level 102
No you're so stupid.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Rep:
Level 102

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
First of all, you said "Must have been made by the same people who made the Mac PC" like a middle age man who's so out of touch with technology that they don't know that Apple makes the Mac and that Apple didn't make that keyboard.
Would it have helped if I included  '[sarcasm]' at the end of that statement?

Second of all, you came to the conclusion that all old keyboards are of higher quality based on you owning two keyboards in your entire life. That's the most hilariously unreliable and unscientific study cited that I've ever heard of.
I said that I had come to that conclusion, yes I did.
But that's just my opinion, no need to get mad over it.

You don't have to buy a shitty plastic keyboard if you don't want to. Go back to listening to conservative talk radio and leave technology to people who know what the fuck they're talking about you old piece of shit.
Funny thing is, I am probably younger than you.
But hey, I was talking about durability, not technology.

Overall, I think you're just mad because I made a sarcastic joke about apple and you seem to own an Ipad.

No need to worry though Irock (wonder if that's related to apple in some way?), you and I have a difference of opinion and I am quite happy with my old out-of-date keyboard. Well at least it still works.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 03:28:18 AM by D&P3 »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
But hey, I was talking about durability, not technology.
older keyboards = better quality.
One would think that if you meant durability you would've said durability, not quality. o.O
Overall, I think you're just mad because I made a sarcastic joke about apple and you seem to own an Ipad.

No need to worry though Irock (wonder if that's related to apple in some way?)
Are you trolling or mentally retarded.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
You people take keyboards very seriously. I can't even imagine becoming angered by someone else's opinions about a keyboard.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Modern, edit your award pips. The fact that it's almost symmetrical, but not quite, annoys me.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
You people take keyboards very seriously. I can't even imagine becoming angered by someone else's opinions about a keyboard.

I wholly agree with this.  Also bandwagon trolling lol

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

Stop being a something.

Rep:
Level 102
Would it have helped if I included  '[sarcasm]' at the end of that statement?
No, you should have replaced everything after 'by' with 'Apple' because you wouldn't have sounded like a fucking 50 year old man then- just someone who makes shitty jokes. If you're talking like that, you're fucking WEIRD.

I said that I had come to that conclusion, yes I did.
But that's just my opinion, no need to get mad over it.
You came to a conclusion and tried to pretend you're a god damn scientist by citing a "study" that involved two keyboards. You also didn't even say they were durable; you used the vague word, "quality", not "durability". Finally, your sentences are as short as a 1st grader's and your formatting is outlandish. You are a dipshit. Please drink bleach.

As for my two cents.

I've known 2 people during my life time.

One that was a white guy.

And one who was a black guy.
He's going around mugging people.

So I conclude, white people equals better people.
No problems from the white guy.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 08:45:21 PM by yuyu! »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
This topic is stupid, and you're stupid for putting it in my unread posts. And now I'm stupid for reading it.  :mad:

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
You know... I posted this really wanting some help So I'm going to thank the people that actually tried to give advice. This train wreck of a thread should be locked and I should be shot for starting it.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Only one will be done. Choose wisely.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
One would think that if you meant durability you would've said durability, not quality. o.O
It's possible his only metric for quality in a keyboard is durability.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Only one will be done. Choose wisely.

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and go with the lock part. Yeah... I can be shot a different day.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
LMAO!!! I swear to god I'm laughing so hard right now. Alright. That alone was worth this thread's ridiculousness.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
The only sole reason I like the apple keyboard is that it illuminates the letter, which makes it easier to type in pitch black. My PC keyboard just glows underneath. I don't really look at the keyboard when I type, but when it's 4 in the morning and i'm not sober that backlight is a godsend.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't really see the point. My monitor produces enough light to show the keys anyway.

Rep:
Level 94
Lights on peripherals are annoying to me.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Mine doesn't shine enough light when it's dark, and even the faintest light setting is good enough for me on that keyboard.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I locate keys in the dark by feeling. Either touching the keyboard's body or feeling the shape of the group of keys, I know where I am on it. Including the little bumps on F/J.

Mice can be something else, since it's an analog input method. Up until recently I only used various 800 DPI mice, but recently got a 1,600 DPI one. After tweaking the mouse settings I'm so accurate now. I feel good about my aim / accuracy in shooters too :gracie:
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I usually work with 1800DPI. I can go up to 3500, but that shit moves around too much it freaks me out.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I locate keys in the dark by feeling. Either touching the keyboard's body or feeling the shape of the group of keys, I know where I am on it.
For some reason this sounded sexual to me.

Rep:
Level 57
Seeking Revaloution
what the hell is a gaming keyboard? does it really matter? or are you just looking to waste money? - Alien ware?
Seeking revaloution