RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
My First Game [that isn't a Demo] ... Wondering if my Ideas need tweaking.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
So right off the Boat. My Game is Yurikatta No Chi [Passage of Blood] a P&D Game me and my brother made in 2006 and have been playing and tweaking ever since. Now the game itself is astounding, Open ended, Highly Immersive and the Free form Crafting aspect of it is amazing. But looking at the Eventing System and stuff. As gamers who might be playing my Demo I'd like some Feed back.

1) Are Open World Games Cool in RPG Maker VX? Or do the Graphics of the system lessen the fun such worlds have?

By Open World I mean you can focus on Raising Animals to Fight for you, Be a healer and have People fight for you and you do support, Be an Assassin and strike from the Shadows, Farm and Grow stuff. Then do Alchemy to make those things boost you / harm enemies, or Sell them for a Profit.

There are many ways to Play and each aspect has it's own Benefits and weaknesses. Also Open World means that the Maps are Huge with many places to Explore [Although I do have Teleportation Options to prevent you for having to Walk All the way from Point A to B if you don't want to Explore].

2) As a person Programming The Events and Stuff [Future Shout outs to Scripters whose Stuff I use] If I can't Add all the Races and Guilds is that ok if the Few Guilds / Races Shown are Quality Made / Put together? Or would more make the experience more Enriching?

This way I know if as Players you'd Want to have Multiple Guilds [26 - 30 maybe] or Boil it down to the Base Amount [8 - 10] is ok?

3) The biggest and Best part of the Game in the Paper and Dice Version [haven't Gotten it Made into an Actual Commercial Game yet. Although I have over 400 Pages of a Core Gamers Manual Created [V 1.3]]. Is the Crafting System. In RPG Maker VX [unless SIIC or a Freeforming Craft Script gets made] will be in a List of Choices.

Would you like Lots of Possible Choices? Or keep it short and Sweet?

----------------------------------------------------------

That's all for now. Really I've gotten a Good Economy Evented System Started [Thanks Modern Algebra], and with the Help of this Sight I've made good head way into my  Game. Just thought I'd get some Feed back from the Site.

-------------------------

Shout Outs:

YEM : Yanfly's Engine Melody. [Best CTB I've seen, and the Note Tag Additions to Skills, Items, and States are Amazing]

Modern Algebra's ATS 3.0: Once I fix one small but persistant Bug. Will be a godsend to the Game. Very well thought out and worth downloading if your looking for a Text Script.

Modern Algebra's Diary: [Atm] I might keep it if I can get the Add On working. If I do it'll be Wonderful for Tutorials, Job Quests, Main Quests, and to add Special Flavor to the Game. Might keep it anyways cause as a way to Add personal thoughts of the character into the Game will be amazing.

Jameswhite: This Guy is the Bomb. He's what got me liking Evented Skills in the First Place. His Capture Skill and Fear Skill were monumental finds. Very well done [with an Extra Shout out to Yuyube. Very well done with the Capture Creature Demo.]].

And a Large Shout out to the Rpgmakervx.net and rmrk.net community for their help and contributions made so far.

[These are going into the Game Credits too.]

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
GAMING IS FUN!!!!!!!!!! *throws ps3 pad at HD tv*
Hey. Okay, not going to say I know much about RPG VX yet but I do know a few and I guess I could give you some answers (based on MY opinion so you can discard it as nonsense).

1) Open World should be possible but it will be difficult, I reckon simply because of the extensive event creation that will have to occur in order for the open world to actually FEEL like open world so you'd probably need a good team or a good mind or a good book to record each possible event that is being made, as to not confuse yourself or repeat quests (which would be annoying for future gamers, as you can imagine) but I believe it can be possible. I am saying this because I am currently working towards a small open world type game of my own. Not to be commercially released but kinda as a stepping stone to practice and work around everything RPG maker VX has to offer me. So I chose open world as a good method to learn and try-out new scripts and etc.

Questions 2 is out of my depth but if you can find a way to script and implement guilds, then go for it. It is best to try and see the outcome as opposed to finishing the product and then regretting not trying it out. I will like an open world game with guilds and races and etc... But even better, guild quests (if that is possible, of course)

3) Choices are cool. Lots and lots of choices are cool. But as I said to (1) you will need to have a team or a good mind or a good book to be to record all these things. Lots of choices will mean lots of possible outcomes which goes on to mean lots of things can happen as a result. In other words, you will need to know what will happen if this happens or that happens.
one does not just simply walk into Mordor