RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Overture

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
http://soundcloud.com/angrypacman15/overture

Establishing themes and giving myself ideas for my biggest project yet... a ballet. I'll be more immersed in this project once I'm done writing nocturnes. The best part about this is that I have some friends into choreography so this might actually be created as a ballet. Lucky me.
So... feedback, criticisms, comments, rants, whatever. I'm aware that the start isn't very audible, but it's not that big a problem. You have volume buttons.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:36:56 AM by irock »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Man, don't you know you're supposed to write overtures last?

I actually haven't listened to this, I'm just saying. I'll listen later.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I do know that. I'm just shit at doing things properly, and I thought doing it backwards would let me hammer some themes out.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
It's not like there's any right or wrong way, most people just find it easier to do the overture last so they can handle the themes better.

This is a bit strange for a modern ballet, because the music sounds antiquated. Perhaps that was your intention, though. It's a good start, but nothing really stood out to me as a strong theme, which can still be fixed. I'm assuming this is just a first draft or maybe even just a sketch.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
That does make sense. I just have trouble establishing themes in the first place, so I thought it would be easier to get that out of the way so I can expand them later on.

The idea was to play each theme at least once, and I think the most I did one was twice, which probably explains why nothing stood out to you. I could break it down and say where each theme begins and ends, but I guess it's not all that necessary at this moment.

Maybe I can use this as a starting point for the project, and once I'm done with everything else I'll rewrite it?

Rep:
Level 97
I forgot to mention that the reason nothing stood out was likely because it's an overture and I don't know what comes next.

Nothing wrong with rewriting things; that's basically what a sketch is.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yeah. Thanks for pointing that out and giving me ideas. :3