RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Solar's Event Shop

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Let's just forget that last post...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I was not being serious. Eventing is a skill that too few RPG Maker users possess.

Rep:
Level 60
I was not being serious. Eventing is a skill that too few RPG Maker users possess.
Well, it's easier to pop onto a forum and request a script than it is to actually figure out how to event a lot of things, now, isn't it? ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
Goddamnit Joel
Well,now we have a shop,so you point is non-valad.

Rep:
Level 82
Hey guys I'm still here! Event systems are fun and easier to customize than scripts! Plus they don't have game-breaking bugs!

I like game breaking bugs. At least you know what - in most cases - is going wrong. Event systems, if not done carefully, can introduce lots of hard to track bugs. I always need a pen and paper for eventing things whereas a script I can usually figure out bugs without.

Also, I agree with Pacman. I also think they are easier to customise if the configurable options are presented well.

Well, it's easier to pop onto a forum and request a script than it is to actually figure out how to event a lot of things, now, isn't it?

Even a script with a lot of customizable options is easy to paste into the editor and set up than following a tutorial and doing the eventing yourself. Even if you handed over a project where you could copy/paste the events, if the variables or switches or other bits clash with your own project, there is an awful lot of trouble in finding and changing the specifics. With a script you can, if so desired, have one line that provides a range of free variables/switch ids that can be used. This is the reason why RMRK used to mark certain tutorials with a kind of mark of approval because it fit to a standard and all of the systems could have been used together with no clashes whatsoever.

This does make for something worthwhile to include in your opening post of requirements for an evented system: which variables/switches etc are available for use. Then you can at least reduce the specific requestee's troubles.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

RMRK Junior
(Name of the Desired System)-Button mash system
(What the system does, in detail)-The player need to press button "x" "x" times in "x" time. (example:the player needs to click Z button 30 times in 15 seconds)
(Any scripts to be used with it)-.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
All right! It is finished! Hope you liked it! (Post here with how much you like it ;))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:43:16 PM by Solar Eclipse »

RMRK Junior
thanks man , its exactly what i wanted thank you very much

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
No problem.

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
Yay for repost! Come request things!

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
Awesome thread man! I'm going to work on an RMVXAce project. When I've come up with what events and mini-games I want, I'll post my request here in this thread of yours!  :)

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
3... 2... 1... BUMP!

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
(Name of the Desired System)  Dragon Transformation System
(What the system does, in detail)  when called by a skill it sets actor ID 22's to have the same percentage of hp left that actor ID 1 has.  (I mainly need to see how to do this so I can do it repeatedly for multiple transformations.)
(Any scripts to be used with it)  I am using a good chunk of Yanfly's scripts
(How many cookies you will give me upon completion[joking])  13 baker's dozen

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
All right, thar ya go! Enjoy!

P.S. Due to the lameness of the way VXAce handles decimals, the Dragon guy's health won't be exactly the same percentage, but within one or two.

RMRK Junior
Thanks for the help,  system works in the test play but I can't find the events in the database so I can recreate them in my project.

RMRK Junior
Found the event now, Thanx.

Rep:
Level 84
Solar is gonna be away from RMRK for quite a while and has asked me if we could close this topic for while he's gone.