RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP][RESOLVED] Translate Quest journal to XP

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
Quest journal [XP] 11/22/2011

Summary
Is there a chance that Modern Algebra's Quest Journal v2.1 can be translated to XP, as this is best Quest Journal I've seen but sadly its on VX.
Mockups
Same way it looks in VX, but in a XP version.
Games its been in
None that I know of, I just know that Modern Algebra made the VX version.

Did you search?
<<yes>>
Where did you search?
    Every site that appeared when I typed it in Bing or Google
    Known sites
    • RMXPunlimited
    • HBGames
    • RRR
What did you search for?
Modern Algebra Quest journal  XP

Here, this is the original script from this site in VX 
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25533.500.html#quickreply[/list]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:00:14 AM by Bigace »

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
Little piece of advice. Read the stickies. Most people are going to glance right over this and not do anything about it :/ I would help... But I'm not much in the way of a scripter yet. But yeah... Read the stickies. And if you don't know what stickies are... they're the posts that are pinned to the top of the list.

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
Little piece of advice. Read the stickies. Most people are going to glance right over this and not do anything about it :/ I would help... But I'm not much in the way of a scripter yet. But yeah... Read the stickies. And if you don't know what stickies are... they're the posts that are pinned to the top of the list.

Thanks for the advise I guess. Though that last part was really unnecessary seeing as every site has a sticky. Didn't think I need to explain this script any more then needed seeing as the original script (VX) and creator is on this site. But okay then template it is, I'm not going to argue against the rules.

Gracies New Favorite
Rep:
Level 63
:) Good. And as for the stickies... it's always a good idea to read them if they say "read this first" or "thread rules". If it were me, too, I would delete this posting and put another one up. (I have done that). Anyway, hope you get what you need!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I am glad you like the design and if I had the time, I would do it for you. Sadly, it doesn't seem likely. I would certainly welcome the effort of any other scripter to port it to RMXP though.

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
I am glad you like the design and if I had the time, I would do it for you. Sadly, it doesn't seem likely. I would certainly welcome the effort of any other scripter to port it to RMXP though.
I hope someone can rescript this for RMXP, I'm not good at converting scripts so I can't do it which is why I'm asking. So hopefully someone can help me.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:41:40 AM by Bigace »

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
Bump again...

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
bump once again

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
Okay seriously is Modern Algerbra the only scripter on this site.
Bump once again.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
No, Modern Algebra isn't the only scripter here. What you fail to realize is that the Quest Journal is a behemoth of a script. Even in VX I'd say it was difficult to create (I didn't make it though, so that may not be true). Porting this to XP would be very tedious. There would be very few people willing to do this.
Also, most scripters around here do VX and VXA. I'm not telling you to switch, just telling you that your chances of getting this request filled out here are slim.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
No, Modern Algebra isn't the only scripter here. What you fail to realize is that the Quest Journal is a behemoth of a script. Even in VX I'd say it was difficult to create (I didn't make it though, so that may not be true). Porting this to XP would be very tedious. There would be very few people willing to do this.
Also, most scripters around here do VX and VXA. I'm not telling you to switch, just telling you that your chances of getting this request filled out here are slim.

It was sarcasm, FYI, because no one has posted to help. And no I'm not switching. I never posted my game on this site, you people problably think that I'm just starting out, some type of noob or something. When actually I've been using XP since 2009. If I knew how to convert from VX to XP correctly I would of done it by now, which is why I'm requesting.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
If it's that big a deal then why not learn to do it yourself? Being a noob or not doesn't matter.

I mean, you've bumped this topic 9 times with no progress. I'd say that's a big hint that this is going nowhere.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:42:32 AM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
I'll learn once I finish my CMS and CBS, you can see that I have more things then this to do plus completing my story. I'll continue to bump until I'm done with the first to priorities. I get your point though, just to let you know.

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'm tempted to lock this topic.

Rep:
Level 82
King of Spades
FOr what, if I can get some help I wouldn't keep bumping. Jeez