RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Immortal

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

What is this, you may be asking yourself?

Immortal is an RMRK exclusive community project to create an extremely story-driven RPG in RPG Maker VX. The catch and the original drive to make this so easy is that we will require no extreme pixel artist making beautiful designs, the entirety of it all will be in completely redone 8-Bit graphic design using the NES Color Palette. Not a single drop of the RTP will be used save for small database stuff like items or such. This means a complete overhaul of every graphic and music used in the RTP. However, on the 8-Bit palette and design, this will be much easier done than even said.

In the year 210 of a currently unnamed continent, one of the bravest warriors (also unnamed) under the also unnamed Empire-Kingdom fights a vicious battle against invading monsters that swell against the kingdom. Serving as the opening epilogue, the warrior fights viciously and easily in a violent thunderstorm until he is overtaken by a massive, otherworldly creature beyond his power. Slain in the heat of battle, the Kingdom survives and buries the warrior in a grand tomb, as the city mourns.

Years later, however, an oppressed group of magic users within the city rebel and leave to create their own kingdom, with the hopes of overthrowing the Empire-Kingdom that has always stood tall. Running out of time and ideas as the magic users begin rallying support and preparing for war, the Empire-Kingdom visits the dead warrior in a dangerous attempt to do what no man has done before: bring the dead back to life. Using an ancient ritual, the warrior is brought back and immediately fitted with a collar and two bangles, which if removed will return him to the dead once more.

The kingdom explains to the warrior that they require his help once more, lost without his strength. Under the threat of returning to death, the warrior reluctantly agrees to their force in a battle he had no incitement starting or involvement with. They tell him that he must do two things: First, the warrior must engage the leader of the magic kingdom in combat and slay her, and travel to the underground tomb of the Titans, and destroy the tomb that carries the remains of the Titan of Magic. Taking along one of the Empire's greatest military leaders to keep control of the warrior, he sets off on a valiant journey for the Kingdom that he had fought and died for.

--

In this, lies the schism. Throughout the story, the Empire slowly abuses the warrior, as the warrior feels more and more controlled and beaten, being simply used by the empire. The entirety of the story will have strong themes of control and slavery. When reaching the kingdom of the magic users, the player is given the choice after going through that much of the story. He can either slay the military commander and side with the magicians in their conquest, or stay on the course given to him. If he joins the magicians, he will be taken under their control and be forced to slay civilians and innocents in their march to overtake the kingdom with a violent, hateful insurrection. If he sides with the Empire, at the end of his conquest and returning to the peaceful kingdom on the promise that he has been given a second life, they cut him down behind his back and return him to death, burying him with the soldiers lost and destroying his tomb. Both empires will seem like villains and the player must make an objective choice, one evil for freedom, or the other evil for apparent freedom.

Project Lead / Story Lead / Design Lead -
Anski
Project Manager - N/A
Story Manager - N/A
Design Manager - N/A
Graphics Lead - N/A
Graphic Designers -
NAMKCOR Redwyn
Music Lead - N/A
Musicians -
Doctor Sword
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 11:11:33 PM by Anski »
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm in, i'll have to brush up on my pixel skills, but i can do graphics or make maps in editor (but im betting we have more qualified people)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Something I threw together just now with 3 colors.

Obviously we're going to use more colors in the game itself, I just didn't feel like taking the time to find colors for the set when I could spend the time on making it.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 04:52:43 AM by Dr_Sword »