RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Steam Stuff

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I guess share all the things you buy on Steam over the holidays on here? :D So far I've bought "Bunch of Heroes" and "Orcs Must Die!" because they seem interesting and they also contribute to the event that's going on right now. I'm thinking I should buy the Portal bundle for $8, but I'm not sure ._.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:45:58 AM by Ploopy »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The store was pretty much broken earlier, so I only got to see what was on sale. Even that wasn't great because I kept getting differing prices and discount rates on the front and on the individual pages.

I'm contemplating Portal 2, Metro, Orcs Must Die, and Bunch of Heroes, but I wasn't really taken by the Orcs demo. The only certain buys currently on my to-buy list are Fallout New Vegas, RAGE, and Civ V. Hopefully I can snag Civ and F:NV at 75%, and Rage at 50%. :D

Did you get two gifts from the first pile achievement? I only got a coupon, but the wording implies two gifts.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Getting Portal bundle. Right now. I've been meaning to get this legit.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I got excited because I got a -25% any one Valve title from one of the achievements, but it only works from January 2nd to March 1st. :( Can't use it on things discounted right now. </3

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yhea me too hah. I really want it to stack with Portal 2.

I'll probably just trade it away at a later date.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I bought Bunch of Heroes. It was pretty terrible.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
My free gift was Portal 1. Does anyone not have it yet, and want it?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You and I have very similar taste, so I'm a bit relieved to hear that. Saves me a few bucks! :D

(by the way, what's your Steam name?)

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I have all of the sale stuff from today already.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I've only played the survival mode, and it's not bad as a survival kind of thing like the type you play on your iTouch. But it's a pretty high price - even during this sale - for a game like that (idk what the campaign is like). I just wish there was some way of upgrading yourself and not just sticking to the same weapons. I can't really see myself playing it over and over again especially with how poorly the game itself is designed, with death timers going up past 1600 seconds.

tl;dr - Game isn't well designed, but it's okay but definitely not worth its cost.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
The camera just isn't very good. It has a hard time not wobbling all over the place. It makes the game uncomfortable to play.

Although, I did have some problems with the way the difficulty ramped up.

You and I have very similar taste, so I'm a bit relieved to hear that. Saves me a few bucks! :D

(by the way, what's your Steam name?)
Do we? I don't know what games we're both really into. I've probably gotten into a lot of different things since I was last here too.

Anyway, here's my steam profile
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Krabboss/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:54:13 AM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 94
I got it because I saw TotalBiscuit play it with the Yogscast guys, and it looked like a lot of fun. I think you need multiplayer to enjoy it. But yeah, its a simple twinstick shooter, so I'm not really expecting a whole lot.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Maybe, man. The camera thing might bother me more than it'll bother others. I get frustrated by these kind of things a lot, I think.

It probably is better with friends, so long as the difficulty doesn't ramp up. There are a lot of enemies that each take a lot of bullets to kill already. I'd rather play Renegade Ops some more though. Everybody should play that game. It's only 25% off now, but I have to imagine it'll be reduced some more some time during the sale.

Rep:
Level 94
It looks like modern Jackal! I'll have to check it out, but I'll wait to see if it drops down any more during the sale. Nice rec~

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Yeah, it's pretty similar to Jackal in a few ways. The game feels great, better than any other dual stick shooter I've played. It's made by the Just Cause 2 guys, which might mean something to you.

I just found out they just released a Winter themed campaign as DLC for it. There's an achievement for it related to this present thing they're doing, so it's pretty certain that it'll be a daily sale item.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:57:47 AM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 94
So... I just won The Orange Box. The whole thing.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Holy shit awesome. If you already have it and don't need it... can I have Half-Life?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
holy shit last day's deals overlap for four hours. so I think I'll snag Orcs Must Die and maybe Dungeons of Dredmor. Anyone know anything about the latter?

edit: bought Orcs and Double Fine pack. Always wanted to play Psychonauts, and Costume Quest seems like a nice little game too.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:09:08 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 94
Dredmore is amazing. Its one of my favorite games of the year.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
holy shit last day's deals overlap for four hours. so I think I'll snag Orcs Must Die and maybe Dungeons of Dredmor. Anyone know anything about the latter?

edit: bought Orcs and Double Fine pack. Always wanted to play Psychonauts, and Costume Quest seems like a nice little game too.
Costume Quest's pretty cool, though it would frequently hitch up when loading scenes when I played it on the PS3 and that was really annoying. It's probably not a problem on the PC, though I wouldn't know.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh. I guess I'll find out later today. Orcs Must Die! is pretty shallow so far, but fun enough for 3 bucks and a -50% SpaceChem coupon which will probably be useless in the coming weeks...

Thanks for the recommendation Holk. I really love more casual roguelikes, so I'll pick it up tomorrow when the new dailies hit.

Rep:
Level 94
I also recommend The Binding of Isaac. It's $2.49 right now, and it is my favorite indie game of the year. It mixes old-school Zelda dungeons with roguelikes, twin stick shooters, and nightmarish imagery. It was made by Edmund McMillen, who is half of Team Meat. Please buy this game, because I want to see more things being made by him. He's a really cool guy, and I've been talking to him on and off for a while now about some stuff that I'm planning.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Dredmore is amazing. Its one of my favorite games of the year.

Agreed, it was a really good roguey. Really rewarding and fun to jump into, heavily recommend it.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
SMB is one of my favorite games, but I just couldn't get into The Binding of Isaac. The Zelda Rougelike Twin-stick gimmick didn't click with me. But I'll back the recommendation too. It's an inventive never-ending dungeon crawler by a team that deserves more support.

I also recommend that everybody picks up Psychonauts while it's still a (hidden) daily deal at $2.50. The Witcher is also $2.50, and it's among the best RPGs of the decade.

edit: So new deals up. Nothing that really interests me, but I'm getting Dredmore (is its DLC worth getting?). I might get Defense Grid because I've been on a TD kick lately, but I don't feel like dropping another $2.50 on something I've played many times over. Is there anything really noteworthy of this game?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:19:45 PM by Harry Burns »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol I got a -40% on The Witcher 2.

I'm thinking of buying Defense Grid and all the DLC, not sure yet...