RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] World map Random enemy encounters Help!

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Blue Mage
So.. When I walk in a world map and lets say I'm in the first continent/island or what ever you wanna call it. The enemies are quite easy, but when I discover new places the enemies are different in those places, but  I don't know how to do this.... Any helps?
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
Go to your database, then go to the "enemies" tab. Make your monster that you wish the player to encounter. If you want the same monster but then stronger, just copy it and adjust the stats.

When ou have done that, go to the troops tab. Select your enemy and then choose how many of that enemy you want to appear.

When that's done too, press ok and close the database. Then rightclick on your map where you want your enemy to be in and go to "map properties".  Double click on the top of the white box and select your troop that you just made. Then choose how many steps avarage the player has to take for the troop to appear and you are done :)
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html

Rep:
Level 82
I don't think that's quite what he meant.

If I understand it, he wants to have different enemies in different parts of the same map. Like in most RPGs on the world map, you can go to different continents where there are different enemies to another continent. Setting the enemies in the properties will make those enemies appear in all areas of the map.

I don't think it's possible in XP, but that's only from looking at it quickly. In VX you can easily do this with the "New Area" option, but XP is lacking that.

Try looking for a script that does this. If not, I can probably write one up for you that should do what you want it to, though it won't get started until after Christmas.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Blue Mage
I don't think that's quite what he meant.

If I understand it, he wants to have different enemies in different parts of the same map. Like in most RPGs on the world map, you can go to different continents where there are different enemies to another continent. Setting the enemies in the properties will make those enemies appear in all areas of the map.

I don't think it's possible in XP, but that's only from looking at it quickly. In VX you can easily do this with the "New Area" option, but XP is lacking that.

Try looking for a script that does this. If not, I can probably write one up for you that should do what you want it to, though it won't get started until after Christmas.

Ok. Thanks :) I can wait.
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

Blue Mage
No progress?? D::

Rep:
Level 82
Sorry, I've been a little busy over the last few weeks, and it entirely slipped my mind.

I can't really make any promises, I'm still pretty to be occupied and it's likely to get a little hectic for me soon, but if/when I do a get a moment to figure out how long it might take and whether I can get it done or not, I'll let you know.

I'd suggest not waiting for me to write something, and get a good request thread set up on a few different forums that have scripts for XP if you haven't yet.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)