RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
VX Crash

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
RPG Maker VX crashes like a Mofo.

I can't Play Pre-made games, can't test my Game [just tried making a test one] from the Playtest Option. As well as when I try playing the game game.

Tried playing Demo for Grid Crafting, and ATB 1.2c + SBS 3.4e.

What do I do to get my thing to work?

As for what I did to my own game. I just added something to walk on [ I don't know how to Place Monsters to take advantage of Forced Encounter Script], Grid Crafting, Forced Encounters, I don't have the link saved forthe ATB 1.2c + SBS 3.4e [It's that Takan.... guy who did the SBS Battle System].

That's all I got on there atm.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What are the error messages and when does it crash?

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
I think it's fixed for now. Just had to Re-install the RTP Package to get it to function.

It didn't say anything though when I posted this. It simply game be a black screen, and stopped running for hours. It then said that it failed to function. But after Re-Installing the RTP Package it started working.

---------------------------

Although now I've a different group of problems. Can I post it here and save space? Or do I need to make another Thread?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, any space saved would likely be negligible, but accepting that it is an organizational metaphor, it depends on the nature of the problem.

If it is a problem with the program itself, then yeah, post it here. If it is a problem with scripts or resources, or if you want to know how to use some element of the program, like eventing concepts, then you would likely be better off posting in their respective sections of the forum, as they are visited more frequently by most members than the Troubleshooting boards.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Thank you. ^_^

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Nm. It's not Resolved. It was working all day today till 10:35 PM EST.  Then it doesn't get a warning message it just doesn't respond, stops running, and shuts down [the Game Portion of it]. When ever I try to Playtest.

I'll bring this up just in case there's a solution, and one that doesn't involve uninstalling and reinstalling [ this is a Digital Download [paid for]]. So I don't know if I can have that option till my DVD copy arrives in 21 business days.

Anyway Recap:

Game has fits were it will out of the blue Fail to load the "Game" aspect of a project [any project]. Even using working demos suffers from this condition. I get no Warning, or Error Messages. Everything basically works when the Game System decides it wants to work. But I have no idea of knowing when it'll decide to not Crash like Charlie Sheen after a Week long Bender.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Bump ...  I don't know the proper time on this site to Bump. But yeah this is an annoying thing. Where it just prevents the game from responding at Random times. Any help?