RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Metroid Primes Custom Covers (seeking advice)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hey derr guys, I've made some custom covers for Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3 because I wanted something a little nicer for these games. I haven't touched em in a while, and I'm kind of content with them as they are, but I'm looking for some general advice and critiques.
They're super high-res, so here's a zip (21.6mb) containing them at their full resolution, but here they are at 50%:
Prime, Echoes, Corruption

(edit: also just notice that the titles on the spine don't seem to be aligned properly, and the title on the cover of Prime is a lot higher up than Echoes and Corruption, which are I think equal.)
I'm not too pleased with the globs on 3; they don't look naturally radiating. I had a lot of trouble with making them look well dispersed and kind of gave up. The blurry goo on dark samus isn't blended well enough with the gobs radiating around it. I don't know though.

I wanted to keep the console logo all along the same side of the spine, but didn't end up going that way in these drafts. I also thought of forgoing the all of the logos, but decided they deserved to be on the cover and spine.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:06:18 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The first is the best. Fold out style covers with simple shapes are the most effective.

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
They are all really nice. My favorite is the one for Echoes, but that is likely my love of purple hues.

I can't see anything to change, really. So, I suppose I just replied to say they look fantastic.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Actually Holk I do agree.

The only reason 1 is like that and 2 and 3 aren't is because I couldn't find good enough high-res pieces to work with. There's really no concept that I could find for each game that would be large enough to cover more than 75% of the entire cover. I couldn't even find a second piece nice enough for 1 to make it consistent with 2 and 3's design, and I'm not really talented enough to do any substantial high-res work myself. I actually never thought of repurposing the original covers. I'm going to mess around with that idea for a bit.

That said, I kind of really like 1 the best, too, because it's just a clean, full picture of Samus.