RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Animated Face Sets

<3
Rep:
Level 86
I'm my own personal tentacle monster.
Animated Face Sets
10-13-2011

Summary
I need a small add-on for Modern Algebra's Advanced Text System 3.  Naturally, the script has animated facesets while text is appearing in letter by letter mode, but when the text finishes writing, the idle face image is static.  I want to have an idle animation instead of a static face.

Code: [Select]
These faces are all
from the same face file, labelled with ![x],
where x is the number of frames. You can also
do it by naming files in a _1, _2, ..., _n
sequence, where the faces to use are in the
same index of each face file.

For more details on how the ATS works, please read the topic.

Features Desired
  • Separate idle animation when text is fully displayed.

Mockups
Picture the default face system.  Now picture the mouth moving.  Now picture the eyes blinking when the text is done.  There 'ya go.

Games its been in
  • Any Tales of Game ever.

What other scripts are you using?
  • Modern Algebra's ATS
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 05:02:28 PM by Asch »

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
Modern Algebra's Advanced Text System 3 has all of the features of Wora's system plus what you're requesting

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25348.0.html

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
It's not really a hard script to do by itself, but if you want to increase your chances of someone making it, you should post a link the script that you want it made compatible to as well as an example image for the scripter to use and test the animation in case you have some sort of format in mind.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Modern Algebra's Advanced Text System 3 has all of the features of Wora's system plus what you're requesting

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25348.0.html
Yep, obviously I am as blind as a bat.  Thank you for hitting me over the head with the proverbial stick. <3

Sorry for bugging you all.

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Sorry to bug you guys again, but unfortunately, Algebra's ATS wasn't exactly what I needed.  The animated face system works like I wanted it when the text is appearing on the screen, but there is no option for an idle animation when the text is finished.  With that exception, the script would be exactly what I need.

Can I still get help please?

<3
Rep:
Level 86
Updated the first post to clarify.