RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP]Wachunga's Multiple Message Windows - Modification Request

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Im working with this script here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,29225.msg363603.html#msg363603

This script works superbly!  However, I finally came up with a way to improve it.  Auto Direction!  Please allow me to explain briefly.  The window can be positioned manually from within the Text with included Placement Modifiers, so the Text Bubble appears to Top, Bottom, Left or Right relative to the Event that is speaking.  I find that many times the characters are facing each other from a top bottom direction, and dont like the idea that the chat bubble totally covers up one of the characters.  I think the character that is on the bottom should have that text appear below them, and the character on top should have the text appear above them.  Positioning this stuff for each and every event or character that you can talk to is becoming a major pain in the ass.  I mean I can do it with conditional branches, if this event facing (up) do this, else do that, so the dialogue ends up being repeated several times, with the micro adjustmetn of using the scripts included \v \< \> \^ positioning.

If anyone is up for a challenge, can you set up an option to automagically (like with a switch or something togglable) position the text relative to the player or events direction?  Such as, event is facing down, text appears at the top, event is facing up, text appears at the bottom.  An option such as that would save a LOT of work for me eventing every single directional option for every damn line of dialogue!

You may have to run the original version of the script (which I have not modified) to understand the chat bubble positioning...  Open the chest in the middle of the characters, you'll see what I mean.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!