RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bullying Must Become Illegal.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
punishing people or kids for being kids is not right. whats next some guy goes to jail for 5 years for calling some one a douche? all because he had a bad day and that persopn pissed him off?

He said punishing them was wrong, and then went on a tangent about a guy going to jail.
Punishing them isn't wrong. You think they don't deserve so much as a detention?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I've already stated that kids could even go as far as suing each other. Of course I think they deserve detention, which is what bullies already receive. Your stance is that it should receive the same treatment as sexual harassment, which you've been so kind to point out is in fact illegal. So really you still think bullies should go to jail and we haven't gotten anywhere except you bickering over me pointing out your views.

Unless of course you've just been contradicting yourself the whole time.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The sexual harassment thing was against the "kids will be kids" mentality. And like you said, a lot of people bat a blind eye at bullying. I just think that teachers should be more proactive in this situation. As I said before, I was replying to adrien's implied 'don't punish them at all' mentality. I haven't contradicted myself at all. And yes, this is completely pointless. Can we just write this off as a 'we kinda sorta agree but aren't very good at getting on the same page'?

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I encourage my kids to go through the established framework of rules when they catch shit from their classmates. It often fails, and when they reach their breaking point I counsel them to follow the method that worked for me: put the fear of the gods into the bully. Just as sure as they are bullies, they are cowards, and all you need to do is...

..."man the fuck up and punch them in the teeth"

once. It carries its own consequences, but it's better than living in fear. This principle applies to a lot of the institutions we hold dear as free peoples of our countries, the concept that when all else fails we are well within our rights to use force to protect ourselves. Labor unions, political activists, revolutionaries... whatever. In the US, the right to bear arms was included in the original bill of rights for this reason- we have the right to fight back but only when the system fails us, as it sadly often does.

As far as the root causes of this shit go, well, that could be its own thread on bad parenting...
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:37:24 AM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I encourage my kids to go through the established framework of rules when they catch shit from their classmates. It often fails, and when they reach their breaking point I counsel them to follow the method that worked for me: put the fear of the gods into the bully. Just as sure as they are bullies, they are cowards, and all you need to do is...

..."man the fuck up and punch them in the teeth"

once. It carries its own consequences, but it's better than living in fear. This principle applies to a lot of the institutions we hold dear as free peoples of our countries, the concept that when all else fails we are well within our rights to use force to protect ourselves. Labor unions, political activists, revolutionaries... whatever. In the US, the right to bear arms was included in the original bill of rights for this reason- we have the right to fight back but only when the system fails us, as it sadly often does.

As far as the root causes of this shit go, well, that could be its own thread on bad parenting...

This entire statement is proof you are an awesome dad.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Heh, thank you very much!
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Yes, bullies should be punished.  By their schools.
Yes, it's bad that they're often ignored.

No, the government shouldn't get involved.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon