RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I really don't want to do this...

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I'm going to stop scripting from early October until at least mid December. This is entirely because of a work overload. I'm just not capable of doing all of the stuff I try to. I love scripting for you people, I love helping people out, all of it is fantastic. But it takes up an insane amount of my time, and I have to remember that I'm supposed to be doing other, boring stuff. There are a lot of things I have to do, and it's just too much for me with this hobby on the side. I want to clear up some other things though. Things that people may want to know about this decision.
Will you be writing any new scripts?
No, not until I make my triumphant return.
Will you continue supporting your old scripts?
Yes, as but I won't be writing new versions entirely. I may do a bugfix or compatibility patch here or there, and if you're lucky you may get a new feature. But I will not be redoing any old scripts until I start again.
Will you finish my request?
If I can within the next two weeks. Otherwise, I sincerely apologize to you. If you can be bothered waiting until December, PM me to remind me about you. Otherwise, find someone else.
Will you be taking any new requests?
Only very simple stuff. No new scripts, as I said, probably the most I'll do is write a method to help out or give some advice to you.
Will you still be posting in other threads to help others?
Yes, as long as it's not too much.
What of PAC?
It'll get done one day. Don't worry.
Will you start sooner if we ask you nicely?
It could happen, but don't hold your breath.
Does this mean you're leaving?
No, but I'll probably be a bit less active.
If you have any other questions, just ask. I will answer.

As I said, I'm really upset that I have to do this. But it's only very temporary. Two and a half months.
Before I do this, I want to thank the wise LoganForrests, the boy wonder Cozziekuns, our almighty Overlord Zeriab and, of course, our resident god-damn genius, Modern Algebra. I wouldn't be here without any of you. It means a lot what you've done for me, even if it doesn't show. Of course, the rest of the RMRK is pretty much full of awesome people, and an endless supply of script requests. Thanks for them too.
See you around.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 03:39:09 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
That sucks you make great scripts ;9   But at least your not permanently leaving.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Been fun watching a novice scripter grow. Reminds me of my old days.

Have fun and we're all awaiting your revival!

Rep:
Level 82
I'm glad I was a help to you. It's a nice feeling when someone appreciates the help offered to them.

Like Cozzie, it's been pretty fun watching you develop your scripts and also throwing out some solutions to peoples' script problems. Even more so considering your age - I've seen a lot of people, including friends, get completely stumped when it comes to even simple tasks in programming (not to insult anyone this might apply to). But from someone new to the whole thing, you've done incredibly well.

Whilst it might seem upsetting, you're being sensible and doing the right thing. There's nothing worse than feeling like you didn't achieve your best (I'm assuming school work is one of the things getting a little heavy) because you were too far deep in wanting to get a script done for someone. Leave that to us, you focus on what's important right now.

Enough wise-crap. Take a good break. Use any new found free time to enjoy yourself until you come back. We'll all be waiting to hear about it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
lol it's all the same on OD except the ending :D

Anyways!

Have fun over the next 2 and a Half months. Hopefully by the time you've gotten back I'll have finished myscript, and possibly my evented battle system.

Have fun doinng... well what ever you do in your free time :D Hopefully you get caught up with your life and come back happy.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Haha, I'm not going to have any free time. The point is that I spend what used to be my scripting time doing school-work and practice.
Thanks for the understanding and kind words guys. I really appreciate it.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Thanks for helping me all the time >.<  I guess I'll have to double the workload for MA. :B  Come back soon.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
At last I found this! Alright Pacman, now I get it! I should put Stonesearch on pause, not much left to do right now.
EDIT:
MID-DECEMBER?
Well, gawd. That must be Winter Hiatus.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
You don't have to put it on hiatus, I might be able to do your stuff before I stop, and even if I don't you can find someone else. Don't hinder yourself because of me.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'm not leaving. Read topic?

Rep:
Level 69
reading hurts...

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
You don't have to put it on hiatus, I might be able to do your stuff before I stop, and even if I don't you can find someone else. Don't hinder yourself because of me.
I have school stuff to, but it's to easy. It isn't hindering. There is 0 chance I will find someone else, and I will happily wait until mid-december.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Well, I'm done. PAC 1.7 will be released in about a week (due to Minecraft) and I'm finishing up a request for someone. That's it.

*awkwardly leaves thread*

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Pacman is going ;w; this makes me sad. *cries*

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
This thread confuses me.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Pacman changed his name.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRK2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I know. But he's not leaving. But everyone's acting like he's leaving.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 71
Pacman changed his name.

Pacman was a much better name than Dr. Evil  ;9

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Oh for crying out loud...

A) He's not leaving, he never was. He just said that he'd be putting off his scripting work for a period of time, which it sounds like it may already be passed now. Either way, he's still here to chat and whatnot with.

B) Yes, he had his name changed, because he is participating in the Character Costume Theme.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Statement: Silly meatbags. There's nothing to mourn. Yet.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
why is he making a big deal of going on hiatus then.

he made it sound like he was leaving.

this doesn't make any sense.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
How did I make it sound like I was leaving?
Does this mean you're leaving?
No, but I'll probably be a bit less active.
He just said that he'd be putting off his scripting work for a period of time, which it sounds like it may already be passed now.
Just started.

I didn't really think I was making a that big deal of it. Just wanted to let people know. People kinda blew it out of proportion though. Sheesh.
I know. But he's not leaving. But everyone's acting like he's leaving.
People don't read. They assume.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
1. my attention span is too short this time of year. halloween candy feasting starts october 1st, baby.

2."Well, I'm done." <---- made it sound like you were leaving and I panicked. i have my threads set so i see newest posts first. first thing i see is this = wtf pacmans going?

3.when have i ever paid 100% attention to anything.

<3 you anyway faggot.