RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] 2 to 6 component Trial And Error Crafting system

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
OK, so I'm in need of a special script. I need a script that allows the player to select how many items they want to use in the crafting process (between 2 to 6) and then select items from their inventory to use. The script would check the item IDs of the ingredients, and then check the notes sections in the items. Maybe it would be best explained by example: the player selects four-ingredient synthesis, and selects items A, B, C, and D as the ingredients. The script checks the IDs of A, B, C, and D. (in this case, they are 1, 2, 3, and 4, respectively). The script then goes through the database and checks for an item with "<craftpart: 1, 2, 3, 4>" in the notes, and one exists, removes the ingredients from the player's inventory and says "You successfully fused <item name here>!". If no item with "<craftpart: 1, 2, 3, 4>" exists, then the script leaves the items in the inventory and says "That combination isn't possible." Also, when an item is successfully built for the first time, it's unlocked in a store so the player can get that item again without having to remember the recipe for it.

I know it's complex, but I cannot find a script like this anywhere!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:07:07 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 69
This is a crafting system but you probably need it modified to those specs after they are done squaring it away.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43755.0.html

RMRK Junior
I don't want it to be dependent on what order the ingredients are selected, but that's the gist of the idea.

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
It sounds like that can be done with just events. The way you described it sounds like selectable events in the default game engine. You can probably combine it with YERD Common Event Shop or Common Event Menu to achieve what you need.

RMRK Junior
One problem: I've done the math, and I'd need to event THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF COMBINATIONS AND 'IF's. Scripting it would make it much simpler.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I would say I could do this, but I don't want to let you down. You are correct, it would be incredibly simpler with scripting. Tell you what, if I have enough time to do this I'll let you know, but for now assume I can't do this.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
One problem: I've done the math, and I'd need to event THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF COMBINATIONS AND 'IF's. Scripting it would make it much simpler.

lol...is the same problem i have with cooking ehehhe
i made a similar request here...there is my example with just events...and is a long way....

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43875.msg498305.html#msg498305

RMRK Junior
Good god, i forgot to add something important!: i need the script to check the main characters level, and if, lets say, '[craftlevel x]' is higher than the main characters level, it won't let them craft the item. Thnx

RMRK Junior