RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Getting Scared

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
We kind of have to assume you'd be using Ubuntu if you honestly think Windows has any problems apart from user error.
I've been using the same install of Windows 7 since December and I haven't had a single problem. Hell it even sets up internet without me even asking whenever I take my laptop somewhere else. I'll use OSX whenever I need to run Final Cut or Logic, but I don't even understand why you'd prefer Linux for daily use if you were at least somewhat competent with Windows.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
what sort of horrible neckbearded faggot uses gentoo daily. I mean seriously, if you're gonna be one of THOSE linux users who constantly shits on other OS good luck finding an IT job where you aren't constantly whining about how it sucks you have to use DERPOS instead of HERPOS.

Seriously nothing is more annoying than "Linux Is Master Race" faggots.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:04:22 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Animefan, did you obtain your copy of windows 7 less-than-legally? I had similar issues with a previous install of windows 7, because it turned out my software hadn't activated properly so it was treating it as an illegal, unregistered version of windows. Either try to find activation software (which I surely don't condone!) or buy windows 7. May help you out.

As for the whole windows thing, it's like everyone complaining about ipod reliability. If the majority of people use a particular piece of software or hardware, there'll be more people to bitch about it, and therefore will seem more unstable. Remember that the minority is the vocal majority.

edit: oh yeah, forgot to include my obligatory spam in here.

isnt that the paul walker movie
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:28:39 AM by Malson »

Rep:
Level 83
Lol. Strike, I just don't have the time to install another OS and partition my laptop, and keep switching between them. So yes, I use Gentoo daily. It's not like all of us can afford multiple computers or any thing.

I don't want a job in IT, as I love to bake and cook.
Don't assume shit. I don't care when I am using an OS if it's for work. I won't complain. But here, when half of you bitch all the time, why can't I?

And everyone knows HERPOS is better. Just saying.

@Sword, I just don't have time or patience to switch between partitions after college and work. And I prefer the Linux command line so much more then I ever used to.

Whatever. I am dropping it after this.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
JFTR Blue Screens actually protect your hardware from being massacred by software bugs.  You should be thanking them,  not damning them.

Also Linux is for web servers.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
trustworthy community sites and 4chan.

LOL...

Anyway, Computers turning off are usually hardware related, specially with no BSOD. Anything else is human error.