RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Quick question concerning music [2K3] [RESOLVED]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
So, I'm wondering if it's possible to make the music flow from one room to the next without using the Map Properties settings (such as, I have music for the map normally, but I have different music for events, and would like to have the event music flow correctly throughout all of the maps without it resetting), or by having to copy/paste the entire map to do so?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:02:43 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
Uhhh... So..., you move from 1 part of your map to the other and you want the music to switch?
If that's so just do play bgm when they hit a certain spot of the map.

I'm not exactly sure what you want sorry. DX

Rep:
Level 85
Like, you know how when you have music set in Map Properties, going from one map to another the music will play normally with no breaks in-between? I'd like to do that, but for event music when switching between maps. I tried it before with one event music in an earlier part of the game by having it set to playing the song I wanted when changing maps, but it just resets the song to the start instead of continuing playing it.

Hope that helps with explaining things @_@

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
Hm, I got it to continue when switching maps with using "entrust to event" (had music play from a event on the map). Then I switched to a map with "entrust to event". It didn't restart playing. Also it was the parent map to one of it's child maps.

Rep:
Level 85
Does using that option allow you to just switch the music whenever when changing the music in an event then I take it without any resetting in the music? If so, then I may have to go with that....

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
I guess? Try it. XD

Rep:
Level 85
I guess that is what debug is for >_>;;;  Will try it...eventually whenever I get the chance then

Rep:
Level 85
Finally tested it, and it seems that the Entrust to Event is exactly what I needed~ \o/