RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
HP TouchPad

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Just got one from Barnes & Noble for $100. They're discontinuing it~

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/HP-TouchPad-Tablet-with-16GB-Memory-WiFi-12GHz-Black/e/886111788637?cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-8jN/nM5hA4g-_-2:886111788637

Edit: And now I see that they're out of stock already. Damn, these are going fast.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
We ran out of stock a few days ago, literally as soon as the price dropped at Wal-Mart...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Did you pick one up?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Got one for $99 at Staples here in Canadia about two days ago. Woooo sales.

Rep:
Level 94
You like it? I only bought it for networking and ebooking, so if it does that, I'm set.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
yeah, I had something like that in mind. i thought it'd be useful for when I'm on the go and I get an idea for a song or a piece I'm writing or whatever, I could jot it down and hash out an idea quick, among other things I could use it for.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Didn't buy one, I was on the clock when it went down... We were sold out before I went to break... We aren't allowed to buy things while on the clock...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 94
You can't put stuff aside for yourself? That sucks, man.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
A project to port Android to it has already started :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
They're discontinuing it? That sucks, my friend just got a job developing for it. He wrote an app for it called Seabird if you guys need an RSS client ;o

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Yeah, I read that Best Buy didn't even sell 10% of its HP TouchPads.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Yeah, well, HP says they're gettin' out of the computer business in general...

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
You should alert the press then, cause they don't know that!!!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
yes they do

Rep:
Level 102
Last I read, they're considering spinning their PC business off.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.

Rep:
Level 71
What I heard was that HP was dropping Windows and WebOS, and try to make there own OS. Not dropping the computer business.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
What I heard was that HP was dropping Windows and WebOS, and try to make there own OS. Not dropping the computer business.

as far as what they will do next, yes, they just might make their own OS, but I didn't know what their plans were until I read that BBC News article. I only knew they were out of the computer-making business from a friend. The thing is, I didn't know what they were going to do after that...

I thought they were just gonna make accessories, didn't figure too much on software...

Rep:
Level 86
does it have any "good" image editing software/abilities? could I use a stylus to draw in photoshop (or a photoshop like) program? I'm looking for something like that, and I've seen how well it works on the ipad2, but I don't have an extra 700 bucks to blow on a hobby. But a hundred... if its good for that... maybe?  Anyone know any touchpad/ipad like things out there that aren't bloody expensive. (I have a bamboo tablet for now, but I would loooove to be able to draw right on the screen, it would save a lot of erasing. :) Thanks

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?