RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Eventing problem.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Ok, so here's what I have, maybe one of you can help me..  I've created a Day/Night system for a certain part of my game.. and it turns switches day and night on...  its a ghost town and evil spirits are out at night, and ghosts you can talk to are out during the day..

Problem:

When the switches are on and off different NPCS are out, and when it changes from night to day.. they just disappear which looks crappy.  I want them to fade in and out during their respective times, and I made an event that works and changes the opacity and looks pretty good, and it works for one cycle...  from night to day..and then it doesnt work anymore, it gets stuck during the day cycle..  Im going to show what I made here and maybe you guys could tell me what the problem is...

Event Page 1:

Graphic is NPC

Conditions:
 Switch:    Night is ON
 Priority:    Same as Characters
Trigger:     Parallel Process

@>Control Self Switch: A =OFF
@>Set Move Route: This Event(Wait)
          $Change Opacity > Wait> Change Opacity
          (Makes the fade out)
@>Control Self Switch B =ON

Event Page 2:

Conditions:
 Switch:    B is ON
 Priority:    Below Characters
Trigger:     Action Button

@> (Blank Event Page with no Graphic)

Event Page 3:

Graphic is nothing

Conditions:
 Switch:    Day is ON
 Priority:    Below Characters
Trigger:     Parallel Process

@>Control Self Switch: B=OFF
@>Set Move Route: This Event(Wait)
          :$>Change Opacity: 0
          :$>Graphic:'Ghost', 6       #changes the graphic to npc
          $Change Opacity > Wait> Change Opacity
          (Makes the fade in)
@>Control Self Switch A =ON

Event Page 4:

Graphic is NPC

Conditions:
 Switch:    A is ON
 Priority:    Same as Characters
Trigger:     Action Button

@>Text:
        "Blah blah blah Im stupid and don't want to work..."

---------------------------------

What am I doing wrong?????? :(

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, page 3 doesn't run since you never turn Self-Switch A off. The way events work is that only the last page which has its conditions met is run, so once you turn self-switch A on at page 1 page 4 starts to run. Since self-switch A would only ever be turned off in page 3, then nothing happens as page 3 never runs (since page 4 has higher priority and its condition remains met).

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Why not use Jet's day/night script? It gives easy eventing and you can have random weather if you want! If not I can make you an event after I finish my script and another event

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Is this posted on another forum?

Anyways you could use Jet's Day/Night system! It's a script but it makes everything VERY simple! You should try it :D

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Favourite Staff Member
He had posted a copy of it in the Scripts board too. I moved and merged them.

Don't duplicate topics, thanatos. If it had required a script, a moderator can always move it and we are happy to do so on request. In this case, I think eventing is the more appropriate solution since you're not having a problem with the DNS per se, but simply an event to fade characters out and you'd need to event that even if you had a script.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Just in case the script is too hard, I recommend these Tutorials: http://rmt.divinelegy.com/V1/

2k3/XP/VX are the usually the same and any change in names are easily understood :3

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Thank you for the responses, and MA, as soon as you posted that it worked, now the system runs flawlessly, except that I want it to change the music, and through eventing I'm using a loop so the music wil just get looped, so I'm stuck having to put a music event in every house and building. :P

I want to stay away from a script here to hone my eventing skills. I'm getting pretty good I would say! Thanks for al your help!