RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] (XP) Need help making quest.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Blue Mage
OK. So I'm making quest where i go to the town then the towns major asks me if i can get rid of some pirates and bring him "the druid's horn", they live in cave near the town. And if i go that cave before i have talked with major there shouldn't be any pirates, but i dont know how i do it. And the second problem is when the pirates are in that cave and i have defeated them how i can make them dissapear permanently.

I'm using RPG maker XP
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 05:54:30 PM by Cactuar »
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

Rep:
Level 69
You can do all of this with switches and control self-switch

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Make a switch. In your pirate events, make it so the event is only activated when that switch is on by checking the box in the top left of the event and setting it to the switch you chose.
In your mayor event, turn the switch on after the player accepts the quest.
Back in your pirate event, after the battle command, turn self switch A on. Then, make another blank event page in your pirate events with the "control self switch A ON" box in the upper left checked.

I hope this was explained well. I'm not the best explainer sometimes ^^;

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
Blue Mage
Make a switch. In your pirate events, make it so the event is only activated when that switch is on by checking the box in the top left of the event and setting it to the switch you chose.
In your mayor event, turn the switch on after the player accepts the quest.
Back in your pirate event, after the battle command, turn self switch A on. Then, make another blank event page in your pirate events with the "control self switch A ON" box in the upper left checked.

I hope this was explained well. I'm not the best explainer sometimes ^^;

OK. Thanks :) I think i got it now.
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."