RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
HK-RMXP Remakes

Rep:
Level 89
Alright, so for obvious reasons I need to get back into spriting; can't run a resource site and not contribute as well. So I have been working on a 'Half Kaiser: Graphics Kit.' This graphics kit is a remake of all the default RPG Maker XP characters (even monster sets and tile sets) and below is the starting progress for one of the default character sheets in RMXP.

102-Civilian02

Below is the remake of 102-Civilian02 which is a child (male). So far I have done only the hair and had to slightly modify the half kaiser sprite to work and then fine tune the hair and I think I got it pretty close to the original:

NORMAL and 700% Zoom View
Spoiler for:

3200% Zoom
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Personally, I would have gone with original designs, than plain old RTP. But, then again it's an easier starting point.

As long as you're respriting everything onto HK, might as well change the palette and shading (the RTP palette could use saturation honestly), and I dislike the mirrored effect that the hair has. You probably should reshade it from a light source (upper right is always common, as far as I can remember).

Rep:
Level 89
Personally, I would have gone with original designs, than plain old RTP. But, then again it's an easier starting point.

I understand your point, but given my skills in pixeling I thought it best to start small and then when the time is right create my own original design (template as well).

As long as you're respriting everything onto HK, might as well change the palette and shading (the RTP palette could use saturation honestly), and I dislike the mirrored effect that the hair has. You probably should reshade it from a light source (upper right is always common, as far as I can remember).

I will admit my pixel skills are intermediate at best and shading, and light are not my cup of tea. So if anyone has advice (nice tutorial or YouTube video) in shading, colors, etc. I more than welcome it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:16:23 PM by Mad Klown »

Rep:
Level 86
I think it looks great.  Recoloring is nice, but in this case, I like the "same" coloring, because it allows people to use both sets together without it looking weird. As in the example above, it looks like the previous char could be the boy form of the HK sprite, so in some of the cases (the old people orginal graphics wouldn't work... unless they were  "reaaaally old" but for the one you have up there, it would be great to "flashback" to boyhood of that char, and it would be a very good image of him, it would be very obvious who is who in the flashback. :) *props man*

any idea on when you'll have the full sprite up? can't wait!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:16:31 PM by FruitBodyWash »

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?