RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Sacred Seas

Rep:
Level 82

Spoiler for:
Set in an era that man thought the world was oval-shaped, exploring was the prime focus and that time. Ships were the fastest and most reliable mode of transport, tales of secrets Islands full of treasure were often heard. It was the age of exploration, it was humanity taking a cautious step out into the world beyond.

There was a myth, about the underside of the world. It was a place, called The Sacred Seas. It was so Sacred, it was believed that you would fall off the other side of the world, into the abyss beyond. You had to have some sort of magical power to stay put.

But unknown to man, the myth, is a lie. The son of a famous explorer, Erik Lance, was on an expedition to the other side of the world. Some say he made it, some say he died. But he disappeared. No more was the flesh and blood of the 'Lances' to be seen for the next two decades. Until...

Avid seaman Ryth crashes his boat into some jagged rocks near the coastline, damaging his ship beyond repair.
With no way out, Ryth heads forward. There is, fortunately, a way out. But the exit leads into an adventure of bravery, trust, friendship, love, and mostly, faith. The expedition of his life.

Spoiler for:
Ryth:
Spoiler for:

Age-24

Weapon of choice-His trusty sword, Sharktooth.

The son of an avid explorer, he's what you'll expect out of a average seaman. Young and brash, and endless knowledge of cuss-words. He can be quite ignorant at times, and comical too. His actions sometimes leads him and his friends into trouble, but inside his joyful nature, hides a loyal heart.

Yvonne:
Spoiler for:

Age-No one knows.

Weapon of choice-Pistols, anything that is ranged, but she also carries a thin sword.

An renowned criminal, this Woman has a very tortured past, which resulted in her scarred and disfigured face. She seeks vengeance against the man who had disfigured her: Her father. Her childhood incident resulted in her having a cold attitude towards everybody, even her closest colleagues. She has a tough and steadfast appearance, but there is a tortured soul inside her emotionless expression that yearns for revenge.

Erik:
Spoiler for:

Age-40 (Or so he says)

Weapon of choice-Clubs, anything heavy.

Once the famous explorer Lance Silverwind, his ship sunk during a heavy storm and he was forced to return home in a small boat. But he was overcome with shame for failing his quest that he went into hiding. Age finally caught up with him and now with his appearance changed, he can continue to lurk in the midst of people and not be recognized. But his yearning for another try at his quest leads him and his partners into a life-changing adventure.

Lady Sophis:
Spoiler for:

Age-24

Weapon of choice-Anything. She is new to the fighting scene.

Once a dignified daughter of a Count in a distant land, she was forced to give up her life of luxury and enter the chaotic world of 'The Poor'. Reluctant at first, she gradually matures. Her abrupt change in lifestyle led her to become very short-tempered at first, arguing with the characters, etc, but gradually as she matures, she becomes more sensible and more calm too.

Spoiler for:

Old Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Galileo:

:
Spoiler for:
-Highly engaging and original storyline.
-Interesting thought-out characters.
-Interesting enemy AI, not just lumbering lunatics wandering around on the map.

-Lunarea
-Celliana
-Chiaki
-Mack
-Cocodoco
-Mj
-Momope
-Closet
-Hot Toke
-Enterbrain
-Woratana
-Kylock
-Syvkal
-Ziifee
(More to come)[/spoiler]

Demo:
Spoiler for:
None yet.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:53:44 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks cool - I always have loved sea-based games and the mapping in this looks quite pretty. Best of luck!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This looks really nice. But the ocean make me think freedom, and Wind Waker; so will you be able to manually control your own boat in the game? Maybe for exploration purposes?

Rep:
Level 82
@modern algebra: Thanks!

@hiromu656: Of course, the game will be mainly about exploration.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:28:23 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK
Your project looks incredible. I'm in love with the screenshots, I'm quite jealous - hahahahahaha!
I wish to see your engaging battle system soon. Can't wait for demo as well!  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 82
@lustermx: Thanks, but I personally feel that your maps are better than mine anyways.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:23:50 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 82
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:24:07 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 82
Sorry for double posting, but please check the main post-I've revamped the game to have a more 'faded' style:Check 'preview'.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Hmm, it looks nice, but I kind of preferred the vibrancy of the older screens. Up to you of course.

Rep:
Level 82
@modern algebra: I've changed back to the previous style of graphics now. I didn't really like the faded style much.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:25:25 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 82
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:25:42 PM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 82
Updated OP with new screenshots. This is the 3rd revamp the game is going through...