RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
I'll pay $100 into the paypal account of whoever

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hey Guys,
  I put out a request on another forum and someone volunteered to do what I asked for free and then stopped replying to my messages so I am going to try offering money again since I have it and what I am asking for is relatively simple and mostly involves a lot of reputation or compilation.

I would like a demo uploaded (free for whoever to use) that includes the following battle animations (including SFX) for the base elements that were not includes in the base VX.  I would like elemental animations for the following (Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Thunder, Ice, Solar, Nature, Lunar, Holy, Time, Unholy,) for the following animation groups Melee, Slash, Piercing, and Blow

IE: Blow\Nature

I want them to be very simple and pretty much match identically to their standard counter parts with the exception of showing their own elemental flare and an appropriate sound effect.

Also included I would like animations that you might expect to associate with:

Gold up
Gold Down
Scan
Barrier (red)
Barrier (green)

Once these are finished I am going to to require someone to work on the the standard elemental spell animations of varying levels for the corresponding elements and FX as well and I'm more than willing to pay for those too but I'd just like to see how this comes out first.

If you are willing to do this, send me a message with your paypal address and then upload the demo here and I will wire you the cash.

[I am making my game alone and I simply do not have the will to learn how to make my own animations when I am already doing story, data entry, spriting, and learning parallexing so if someone could help me out on this it would really mean a lot to me]

PS: I do not mind if you simply take the animations from another demo where its been done. I'm making this game for fun and people to enjoy. I'm not going to be selling it so as long as this gets done I don't care HOW you do it.  I'll credit whoever wants it.  :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:35:42 PM by RandSummers »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
For teh amount you offering, and what your asking for, don't you think its too much?

RMRK Junior
I've got the money to spare, so long as it gets done I'll be happy.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
If you have $100 just laying around to put towards a free rpg maker game, why not spend it on something like an advanced script or some cool character portraits or something? I'd say animations would be barely worth $20, and that's only with the large amount that you're wanting.

Also, there are a lot of elemental animations here.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
RMRK Junior
Hey Guys,
  I put out a request on another forum and someone volunteered to do what I asked for free and then stopped replying to my messages so I am going to try offering money again since I have it and what I am asking for is relatively simple and mostly involves a lot of reputation or compilation.

I went through the same exact thing with someone who was suppose to create sprites for me. Offered to pay him, he accepted. Then he just ignored me. I ended up making the sprites myself, which took almost an entire days worth of straight work what with my lack of skill and all. You get to that point where you're so desperate to see something that's actually finished, that you resort to paying. I know this all too well.

Seeing how I can so easily relate to your situation, I MAY take on this project. I've already created custom animations for a few of the main elements, so I may just keep going and create some for the additional elements you mentioned. However...

I am making my game alone and I simply do not have the will to learn how to make my own animations when I am already doing story, data entry, spriting, and learning parallexing so if someone could help me out on this it would really mean a lot to me

I can also relate to THIS situation. I too am in the middle of creating my game, and I've gotten quite far in the development stages and don't want to lose focus. So, the reason why I emphasize the word "may" is because I really don't know if I'll get back to the battle animations any time soon.

I'd like to keep in touch somehow. Perhaps through this thread?

RMRK Junior
The chancellors exactly right, I just want it done.  I pretty much have everything else I need already finished I just do not want to sit down for hours and make custom animations. I just want to drag and drop and then copy the animations data file over my game and then assign them to the skills I want to use and not give it a second though.

And as of yet I'm yet to have much luck finding anyone to do it for any money. I thought I'd be able to just throw this out there and someone would snap it up in a couple of days and I could focus on other things but I've still got no takers.  Looks like I've still got a bit more waiting to do...  :blizj:

I'll keep an eye on this thread just encase. ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:39:49 AM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
I'm actually on this right now. I've only been working for an hour or so and have done around 12 of them fully, so at this rate I'll be done in a few more hours.

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?033wcaubrx4acaf

Have a peek and if you like what you see I can PM you my PayPal details.

Following the instructions below WILL REMOVE any custom animations you have already made. However, if you already made a game using the RTP Animations and simply want more, everything will still work (I haven't moved the RTP ones at all from their current slots).

For anyone who doesn't know how to install this, you need to import all the .pngs with the resource manager in the "Animations" category (it's the first one in the list). Some have black backgrounds, so when they pop up left click on the black and hit OK. There are two like this. Then, close RPG Maker VX and drag the "Animations.rvdata" file to your game's Data folder, and open your game's audio directory and drag "ticktick.wav" to your SE folder. Then, re-open RPG Maker VX. Open the database, go to the Animations tab, and all the new animations should be there in slots 81 and above. Enjoy.

Just a note, I did use some non-RTP animations, so to anyone who uses these in a game you will need to credit both Kaduki ( http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_effect.html ) for the moon animation and Mr. Bubbles ( http://mrbubblewand.wordpress.com/ ) for some animations.

They are however, still in the RTP style with the punching/slashing/spear animations with elemental overlays on them, and appropriate sound effects.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:39:08 PM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
This is exactly what I was looking for PM me your paypal and I'll transfer the money right away.

There are a few things I would like changed if that would at all be possible?

The Nature animations seem a little bland, would it be possible to add some vines or leaves?

And where as you completely nailed the barriers--they're actually better than I'd hoped, I wasnt really happy with your scan animation and I was hoping to see something that uses animation that looks a little more like this:

That said, if you are interested to earn some extra pocket money I'm going to need the spell animations for the elements previously listed. Each element requires 3 levels a single, an area, and an "ultimate" attack.  I am using a SBS so I am not sure if that effects how the area animations need to be made but I thought I would just state ahead of time so you dont end up wasting your time or having to start over (assuming you are interested)

I do not require Single or Area attacks for elements already with them but I would like a new set of EARTH animations to better reflect a QUAKE spell and I would prefer if the water spell looked more like a torrent of water that strikes the enemy (remember I'm using SBS).

And lastly I require a basic "shield" animation for each of the elements.

If you are interested in doing these also just post in here and let me know... in the meantime send me that paypal bro and prepare to pass go... oh wait it was only $100...   :-[ ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:33:06 PM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
I'll see what I can find for the nature animation and do that scan one then.

Have a peek at this for the nature one: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/lofiversion/index.php/t44117.html

Is that leafy enough? It's meant to be a heal animation, unfortunately, but it could work.

EDIT: Those KH ones look awful in game.

I'll have a poke around but Animation Sheets for VX do seem a bit scarce, sadly.

Strangely, that scan animation didn't import properly... the boxes cut it off mid-frame. I'll try to scale it up with Paint.NET.

OK... I've hit oil. (http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=19995) Unfortunately still no green nature animations, but with some tweaking these:

http://lexusx.deviantart.com/gallery/26813803#/d33p9gz
http://lexusx.deviantart.com/gallery/26813803#/d357krv

could do the trick.

EDIT2:

After some resizing, those scan ones came out nicely I think. I've also spiced up the time ones by layering the current one on top of one from LexusX's time set. I gave the "Sunflower" animation above a brown-yellow-green sort of tint, and used it for the nature ones.

Here's v2: http://www.mediafire.com/?6t5kx4ubp5k5g38
(Give credit to Kaduki, Mr. Bubble, LexusX and Wondertouch, and whoever made that scanning one above)

Let me know if there's anything you're not happy with and I'll re-do them.

In terms of the elemental ones:

Fire, Water, Ice, Thunder, Wind, Holy and Unholy already have single and whole animations. So I'd only need to do one, the full screen "ultimate" for each of these. That's 7.

For the rest, I need 3. That's 15. Plus shields, which is just 12 more. 34 Animations won't take me more than 3 or 4 hours I think. The only tricky thing would be finding suitable animation sheets for some of them. (Perhaps only 30-31, considering Fire, Ice and Thunder have 2 whole animations that could be used for area and ultimate.)

For the earth re-do, a quake style thing, I'm assuming you want a cracks-in-the-earth with screen shaking kind of thing right? To do the screen shaking you just need to call a common event with the skill. In the little drop down box beside Animation in the skill database tab, there is a list of your game's common events. You can go to the common events tab to edit these. In an empty one, Name it Quake or something, and double click the "@>" in the "List of Event Commands" box. Go to the 2nd tab. At the bottom, there is an option that says "Shake Screen". Click on it. Uncheck the box "Wait for Completion" and hit OK. You can tweak the length, power etc etc with the sliders and boxes there.

Would you mind telling me which SBS you are using? Tankentai, Reedo's Simple SBS? Making them work with an SBS would require a bit a study and testing on my part, specifically the ones where you want it to shoot something (e.g. torrent of water, fireball, etc etc) from the caster to a monster. It may require a bit of scripting with Tankentai, and I don't even know if it's possible on Reedo's, but I'll read up on it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:27:55 AM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
Right now I'm using Ten, but I'm not sure I am going to stick with it. I need something that will work with YERD but that will look nice. Ultimatly I'd like the characters to show the weapons they are equipped with and the states they are effected with (such as a character appearing to be made of stone while he is petrified or keeping a small shimmering bubble around the sprite if he has a shield running but I have not been able to find anything like that, if you know of anything I'd gladly welcome any advice). I'd also ideally like the option of using monster $Charas as animated battlers but I am yet to see anything that would allow it.  :)

Waiting...  Waiting... :blizj:

Transaction Sent.

I did not think it was possible to have animations leaping from the caster to a target, if something like that IS possible and you could do it that would be more than amazing--that would be... awesome?

I'm going to simply upload the database I've gotten so far, as you can see I'm only have way through the skills but if you look at the classes and such I think youll get an idea of what I am doing.  This demo is slightly dated (its from last week and Ive done a lot since) but it will just show you how I'm setting everything up and the direction I'm going to take things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37430199/Project1.exe

I suspect I'm going to end up with about 800-900 skills in total. My goal is to build a tactical FF style game that is going to use a networking script so my friends will be able to have pokemon-style battles with their custom teams that they have trained up in game.  There is still a lot of work that needs to be done but I'm getting there.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 08:33:54 AM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
Right now I'm using Ten, but I'm not sure I am going to stick with it. I need something that will work with YERD but that will look nice. Ultimatly I'd like the characters to show the weapons they are equipped with and the states they are effected with (such as a character appearing to be made of stone while he is petrified or keeping a small shimmering bubble around the sprite if he has a shield running but I have not been able to find anything like that, if you know of anything I'd gladly welcome any advice). I'd also ideally like the option of using monster $Charas as animated battlers but I am yet to see anything that would allow it.  :)

Waiting...  Waiting... :blizj:

Transaction Sent.

I did not think it was possible to have animations leaping from the caster to a target, if something like that IS possible and you could do it that would be more than amazing--that would be... awesome?

I'm going to simply upload the database I've gotten so far, as you can see I'm only have way through the skills but if you look at the classes and such I think youll get an idea of what I am doing.  This demo is slightly dated (its from last week and Ive done a lot since) but it will just show you how I'm setting everything up and the direction I'm going to take things.

I suspect I'm going to end up with about 800-900 skills in total. My goal is to build a tactical FF style game that is going to use a networking script so my friends will be able to have pokemon-style battles with their custom teams that they have trained up in game.  There is still a lot of work that needs to be done but I'm getting there.

Thanks so much. :D

Reedo's SBS is actually designed to go hand in hand with YERD or YEZ and is quite nice IMO. Here's the link: http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=25040 You can download the demo just to have a look at it, it ties in completely with the YEZ scripts in that demo but should fit in YERD too. That said, the SBS system in it is quite simple and I don't know if it could handle updating the sprites to show weapons and states, or even animating from one sprite to another a la Fireball... I'm afraid this isn't my forte either. Wish I could be more help with the SBS issues. I do know on Tankentai animated projectiles (fireballs, arrows, bullets, etc) and floating bubbles that indicate statuses are possible, though.

I actually have all those elemental animations done too, with the exception of the Lunar and Nature ultimates, and the torrent of water idea, which I unfortunately still have no idea how to do... not sure how to handle those. I'll upload the done ones shortly. It's actually 4:30ish in the morning here. xD

EDIT: Okay, still have one more to go... the ultimate nature one, then I have to double check all the needed images are present, zip it up and upload it...

Unfortunately when testing out, I can't seem to get the shields' animations to activate on the user's sprite... (though they are done and in there.) though in the SBS script it claims it specifies a target for the players' sprites for animations. It may work in Tankentai, assuming you go through and say so in the script's settings. I tried to try Tankentai once. It was a disaster. Unfortunately I'm not incredibly technically inclined, looking at code just makes my head spin. :P

And WOW that is a lot of skills (and classes). Certainly a lot more than I have ever had in any of my games.

And sure, I'll zip up the demo and upload it. EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?yf8myxfikov99wm

EDIT: And here's all those other animations...
http://www.mediafire.com/?ab6tc46ea5pdt8f
It increased in size by 18MB. Funny what a few PNGs can do.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:47:32 AM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
6:51pm here but I only just woke up a couple of hours ago. lol

Also would you be able to repost the link to the demo for me. I am kinda suspended from VX until later tonight because last week some kid came into the request forum asking for a script to censor the swearing in his game, was given one, then complained it wasnt good enough, so I kind of told him off expecting to get my first warn... instead I got suspended.

I still honestly believe that if you do not want your main character to say FUCK! then its just as easy to type #%^ or **** than type Fuck then get someone else to create a Script that will make it read **** even though you've typed FUCK.

*Sigh*

EDIT: Sorry for the late reply I was expecting to see a new post and I didnt think you would just edit your previous one.  I'm checking it all out now.  The shields should animate on the user when I set the skill to target the user hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:57:52 AM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
Okay, I got it working with the Reedo SBS... It was just a minor scripting error which shouldn't effect you. I had it pasted in from a project with YEZ into this one, so I needed to edit one line in the script telling it it wasn't hooked up to YEZ or YERD anymore. Crisis averted. Everything should work.

I have noticed some things that need tweaking just based on my testing of these in my SBS... the full-screen Lightning Helix needs it's opacity tweaked, and the earthquake could stand to shrink a little bit. I'll test most of them and tweak a bit then re-upload, probably sometime later today. Which means later tonight for you. :P

RMRK Junior
This does seem much better, from what I can tell they even have it set up so that the confused state stays over the sprite during battle--which means that there IS a way we can do this, just need to figure out how.

I'm just not confident I know how I could do it because I've changed all my states and animations around (as you can see)
And there doesnt seem to be a standard "attack option" everything is tied to skills.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:26:43 AM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
This does seem much better, from what I can tell they even have it set up so that the confused state stays over the sprite during battle--which means that there IS a way we can do this, just need to figure out how.

I'm just not confident I know how I could do it because I've changed all my states and animations around (as you can see)
And there doesnt seem to be a standard "attack option" everything is tied to skills.

Yeah, that's one of YEZ's quirks I believe. Here's just a demo of the Reedo SBS, no YEZ in it (tested, has an attack option):

http://www.mediafire.com/?cpdpq6ua1c2kkxh

Basically the SBS just lays out the actors and gives a target for animations, and gives them the "victory dance" and a stepping animation in battle. Any casting animations, status bubbles, anything else there was done through YEZ.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:39:11 AM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
If I can find a YEZ job system I may switch to YEZ, I just have to look into a few separate Elemental Affinity scripts etc to make sure everything will still run smoothly and see if I can drop certain features.  I'll keep you posted, as things are now everything seems to be pretty good for me.  Thanks for all the help!  It really helps a ton having someone to talk to and work with.   :lol:

RMRK Junior
If I can find a YEZ job system I may switch to YEZ, I just have to look into a few separate Elemental Affinity scripts etc to make sure everything will still run smoothly and see if I can drop certain features.  I'll keep you posted, as things are now everything seems to be pretty good for me.  Thanks for all the help!  It really helps a ton having someone to talk to and work with.

No problem at all. In fact, thank YOU.  ;)

RMRK Junior
Right now my game plan (Ha! I kill me [Alf moment]) is to focus on finish databasing then work on the play system, then polish the database, then map. If it keeps at this rate I should have the crude database finished by the end of the week.  The animations you've given me so far have gone a long way to having that finished.  If so inclined with the next "update" you do could you throw in a bunch of recolored raise1's and curse1's so that I can link them to the buffs?

Attack = red [its the standard we see]
Defense = Brown
Spirit = Blue
Agility = Green
Hit = ???  No clue
Eva = ???  No clue
Luck = Purple

I'd also like some simple recolors of the red/green barriers you've already done just so I've got something to use for the warrior/monk defensive skills.

And I'd also like animations for:
Invincibility
Regeneration (Small Green sparkles)
MP Regeneration (Small Blue Sparkles)
Dazzled (Like confused except with stars)
Rage Up
Rage Down

And I think that should be all for a while, have a quick scan down the states list (there are a few blocks of states pretty far down, and then more right down in the 900's) and let me know if there is anything else you think would be fun to do but I think that is everything I'll need, except maybe a few custom things much later for the Martial Arts but as they stand they're fine using Blow/Physical (In my opinion?)

I could do all the recoloring myself easily enough--but I realized I'd lose it all when you did the next update, so (from where I stand) its easier leaving that sort of thing with you.

LINK ADDED
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:18:30 PM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
Sure, those don't take long at all, it's just a a drag of a slider. So it's no problem. I'm going to assume you meant Rise1 and Drop1, since Raise1 and Curse1 don't really complement each other if you know what I mean. :P

And finally a use for all those sparkles sheets. If I had a dollar for every one of those I got in that set... ::)

BTW Brown is a bit dull (not to mention you can't do brown on the sliders since they adjust hue), so I'm going to do red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple/pink.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:58:33 AM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
Sounds good, you know what you're doing! ^_^

Sorry it takes so long I'm just stuck here uploading, I have some custom animations of my own that I got not so long ago that will be in the animations folder encase you dont already have them.  :) :P

Youre also welcome to lift any sprites you find in there. I've tried to keep everything very organized and top quality. (Just dont use David, getting his sprite and facesets cost me cash. XD)

RMRK Junior
Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzc4i45zc0en9p
(Give credit to Kaduki, Mr. Bubble, LexusX and Wondertouch, and whoever made that scanning one above)

Tightened some things up after testing in my SBS demo. Made sure no full screen stuff was getting clipped under the menu, going off the edge of the screen, Lightning Ultimate not too opaque, Earthquake staying close to the ground, etc etc. Added the recoloured barriers, ups and downs, MP and HP Regen, Rage Up/Down and Invincibility as requested.

And thanks for the offer to let me do that. :) I won't use David. xD
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:26:18 PM by Gailen Blayke »

RMRK Junior
Awesome as always Gailen!

I'm going to test this all out right now.  :)

Just Amazing, this Kit gives you all the diversity that should have been made available with the release of RPG MAKER VX. It allows me almost total customization and I hope that many other people enjoy these animations.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:32:34 PM by RandSummers »

RMRK Junior
Awesome as always Gailen!

I'm going to test this all out right now.  :)

Just Amazing, this Kit gives you all the diversity that should have been made available with the release of RPG MAKER VX. It allows me almost total customization and I hope that many other people enjoy these animations.

Well, I'm glad you like it.  8)

Rep:
Level 89
If you have $100 just laying around to put towards a free rpg maker game, why not spend it on something like an advanced script or some cool character portraits or something? I'd say animations would be barely worth $20, and that's only with the large amount that you're wanting.

Also, there are a lot of elemental animations here.

That is not completely true. This comes down to the complexity of the job needed as well as quality. Example is is, yes you can find someone who will design a website for $200, but the quality will be far less then the person who would have charged $500-$1,000. You get what you pay for. And average artist (who makes 2D graphics for a living as freelance) for example will charge $10,000 for a complete graphic set to said game. A character sheet (containing 16 sprites) will average you $8.00-$20.00 per sprite on the sheet and you could end up paying $128-$320 for a single character sheet (again complexity depends on the price cause it could easily be $5.00 per sprite). Animation within itself also depends on the complexity of it as well and how many frames is needed to perform the animation and you could be charged for per frame not the whole sheet itself.

If you are serious about spending money to get game going RandSummers you should first try getting someone to do it for free. If that fails then an artist who understands you wont make any money off it (yes you get charged more for a commercial game) and DeviantArt is a nice place to start, just for future tips.

RMRK Junior
Thanks clown, but I really didnt want to make a deviant art account just to hire someone to make sprites for me.

I really appreciate your advice though, I'll keep notice of it in the future.