RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RM3K] - Project did a rollback - But still got files - HELP

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Ok, so this is the problem:
*I start up RPGMaker 2003.
*I open my project.
*RM3K loads an outdated version of the game, missing many maps.
*The maps, however, are still in my project folder.
*Opening the missing map files in .TXT shows the data (dialogues, events etc.) is all still in there.

The question is:
*How do I restore my project so it shows up all the maps again?

Little background on the project:
*This actually happened many years ago, and it's my first RPGMaker project ever. I think the rollback happened after a PC clean-up and putting my files back to my PC from a back-up. After that it just refused to show the game in its full state.

Yes, I did read the sticky.
No, changing the name of my project did not help.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, I'm not sure and I haven't used RM2k3 for a very long time, but maybe it's just that the file which holds Map info was corrupted. You could try perhaps making a new project and creating blank maps with the IDs of all the maps you have. (IE if you have 10 maps, MAP001, MAP002, ... MAP010; then create ten maps in the new project) Then go into the new project's folder and copy the RPG_RT.lmt file and paste it into your old project over its file of the same name. I have no idea if that will work, so you should create a backup first.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Yeah, I had just been trying that. And it actually works, all the maps seem to be ok. Except for the town map, which was actually the biggest and most complicated map seems to be completely rollback'd to a very early stage, even in the .TXT files. Which is weird, because the maps that I created after completing the town map are just fine.=/
Anyways, if even the town .TXT file is messed up, then I guess it can't be saved anymore.

Thanks for answering though.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!