RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dragon Ball Z ABS [REQUEST]

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hello fellow game makers, I have made this account for one purpose, I promised my little cousin ( insane DBZ fanatic) that I would create him a personalized DBZ game, well turns out there are no DBZ ABS scripts!!!!  :tpg: so I made this account because a friend of mine told me it was a good place to look for help, I have some bada$$ sprites so those are out of the question and me lacking even basic scripting skills, so I was wondering if anybody had an ABS that they made or could find, or of anybody knows of a compatable script that they can teach me how to alter to make DBZ work

thank you for your time  :P

OH terribly sorry I did not say this before this is for RPG maker VX
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 04:16:13 PM by DBZinsanity »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I don't know what that battle system is so I can't be of much help. Maybe this will? http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43226.0.html

I haven't looked at it but it says it can be used to learn how to make that battle system. It's for 2k3, but since it is just eventing, it would be possible to translate that into RMVX.

Rep:
Level 71
I haven't watched Dragon ball since I was 7, but I know it involves people jumping 50 feet in the air and shooting fire balls out of there hands. There is the one I use http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33456.0.html. You can't jump 50 feet in the air of course but it is really good for shooting fire balls...  :-\

RMRK Junior
Why thank yah
ill check it out, and see thats what I was thinking Doctortodd, like jus use a vx abs so that I can shoot da stuff out ma hands, but theres punching and kicking if you have ever played the GBA games Dragon ball Z: buus fury or legacy of goku 1, 2, thats the kind of system I am in need of, I have seen it done for rpg maker 2003 witch I havnt thought of the idea to use events that is a really good idea to just translate thanks modern algebra

Rep:
Level 71
The kicking and punching can be the regular attack, you can probably merge some of the animations to make it look like there punching and kicking.  The fire balls should be easy.
Edit: You can combine body attack and leg sweep.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:32:33 PM by DoctorTodd »

RMRK Junior
What I have actually been trying to do is find a demo or tutorial of a game for rpg maker 2003 and like modern algebra said, im trying to convert it into rmvx but no luck finding a download