RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] [RMVX] Save Point Event Help

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Ok, I'm trying to make a simple 'saving' event where the player hits the S key (Y button in RMVX), gets warped to a map, gets asked to save, and then warps back to where the player was. But instead, what keeps happening is the player gets warped to the map, shows the option of saving, and then nothing happens. Then when you hit the S key (Y button) again it runs the event again, only this time it works, but it warps you back to the save map instead of a map ingame because thats the location it now memorized. I have two common events and one regular auto start event on the map.

(first event) The Auto-Start one is this:
Code: [Select]
Control Switches: [0021 Save] = ON
Erase Event

(second event) Then that triggers a common parallel process event which is this:
Conditional Brach Y Button is Pressed
>Call Common Event: Save
>Control Switches [0021 Save]= OFF

(third event) Then the common event that is called, 'Save', is this:
Variable [0001] Player Map X
Variable [0002] Player Map Y
Variable [0003] Player Map ID
Set Move Route Player
>Graphic (None)
Transfer Player [003 Save]
Text
:Would you like to save?
Show choices Yes No
:When Yes
>Open Save Screen
>
When No
>
Branch End
Transfer Player: [by variables remembered earlier in the code
Set Move Route Player
>Graphic 'Actor'
Control Switches [0021] Save = ON

I'm not an expert at this program, but by the looks of it, it should work, or am I just being stupid? Whats wrong with this? Thanks a lot for your help.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 12:53:32 AM by samfortunato »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, I don't know about your actual problem, but I have a tip that will make stuff so much easier.
Instead of changing the actor's graphic, you can just go to page 2 in event commands and select Change Transparency. Then set it to transparent. So much easier.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
Ah cool, didn't know about that. Thanks.

But this still doesnt work, haha. anyone got any ideas?

Rep:
Level 84
I just have my screen fade out and use one common event for the whole deal. Works great and is super simple.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
I've made a project file for you so you can take a look and experiment:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptnl1ek3n70l50k/Save.exe

You were close to getting it right, but needed just a few tweaks. I also switched your conditional branch to use
Input.trigger?(Input::Y) It's just a more precise way of doing it, as "button is pressed" has occasionally acted funny for me. Using the script command means you just push the button once, but don't have to hold it down.

Let me know if that helps or if you have any questions.
My current project:

RMRK Junior
ah cool, thanks so much it works! yeah, so i had to split that common event into two then, ok. if anyone knows why the first way didnt work, id really like to know, im a bit curious haha.

but thanks so much, really appreciate it!