RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Teh K iz here !

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hi everyone,

here are a few lines just to introduce myself :

IRL, I'm a french second year student in maths, with interests in science, philosophy, music (have been playing the trumpet and the guitar), and mythologies (especially the nordic one, and the celtic one). As far as I can remember, I've always been into epic stories and legends, which naturally led me to RPGs. I first fell in love with a game when my uncle let me his old computer (working under windows 3.1 *memories !*) and I started playing Lands of Lore. The fact that a game could simultaneously tell me knight tales and make me feel like I actually was the hero was mind-blasting to me, and from then I've fed a love for RPGs, and have tried playing any game I could find.

A couple of years ago, I registered on a browser-game called Hokiseki (a french website where you can play a game between OGame & Fire Emblem) and met its webmaster, who shared with me an interest for both RPGs and coding. He showed me RPG Maker 2k, and I found it amazing : I was finally able to turn the stories I made up while my mind wandered aimlessly into games - to me, it felt like learning an instrument again : it's an amazing feeling to move from listening to producting music (and I think this feeling is what links everyone here on this forum).

Still, a year ago, this guy and I started working on a more ambitious project than short stories on RPG Maker, and with a team composed of a bunch of friends, we're currently trying to set up a game which will be based on a Pokemon-style combat system (involving creatures which fight in turn-by-turn combats for you) blended with a RPG-style complex universe and a elaborate story-line (which will force you to choose between paths of which none is 'good' or 'evil). To that purpose, I quite gave up my work on RPG Maker to write the scenario and help the main developper with my modest programming skills and my ideas.

I came on this forum for two reasons : the former is to learn stuff and to improve myself (because my lack of practice these months ruined my modest skills) on RPGMaker, and the latter.. is coming soon (at least I hope so !) in the recruitment section.

Thanks for reading,
The K !
Writer / Game Designer for the Khelnia's Project !
Currently recruiting mappers on RPG Makers XP

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Welcome, K! I think you'll fit in nicely with the rest of our letters.

I hope you get the edjamacation you're looking for here. ^^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Nice to meet you and good luck with your project :)

Rep:
Level 84
Welcome to RMRK. Enjoy your stay.

I hope you get the edjamacation you're looking for here. ^^

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Welcome to RMRK.    :taco:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.