RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
They killed it

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
They killed legends 3. ; __ ;

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I saw that.
Shamefur dispray, Capcom. :mad:

Just give it a week and they'll cancel Monster Hunter 3DS too.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You know what's even worse. Their bullshit with RE Mercenaries 3d. fuck capcom.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
You know what's even worse. Their bullshit with RE Mercenaries 3d. fuck capcom.

I actually found out about that.
It's not a linear game, it's mission-based, sorta arcadey.  When they say a save is permanent, they mean you can't re-lock unlocked content like characters or something.  Every level is playable multiple times.  Granted, it's kinda weird to not allow a reset, but it's not a severe as originally thought.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Yeah, we weren't selling preowned copies of it for a while, because the miscommunication was that you can't erase saved data. The truth is that you can, but the high scores and best times stay with the game forever. Its pretty weird, but it makes sense for devs and producers to want to sell new copies.

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
Just give it a week and they'll cancel Monster Hunter 3DS too.

They're making Monster Hunter for the 3DS?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If you read the reasons that Inafune left Capcom, you can see exactly what is ruining them as a company. All Japanese developers have this strange sense of tradition in their games, and Capcom is particularly hesitant to innovate. Once they create an IP, every sequel is almost identical to the predecessors. This isn't always bad, but using Megaman as an example, you can see how insanely far they go with this: Megaman Battle Network was a sort-of-interesting take on the MM universe, but Capcom completely killed the series for me. Instead of taking their time and crafting quality sequels, they just churned out one after another. Soon after, they decided to take the Pokemon route of releasing two versions of the same game. Then, dissatisfied with that, they chose to release 3(!) versions of the same game. To me, every single Battle Network game is interchangeable.

This is the same thing that happened to Guitar Hero, Splinter Cell, and is happening to Call of Duty right now. Releasing a series iteration every year may make fiscal sense in the short run, but in the greater scheme of things, it kills the very same franchises that were so beloved in the first place. We may bitch and moan when a favored developer takes a long time to release a game, but the end results are usually amazing. Think of Valve-time. Think of Ken Levine and Irrational Games. We hear about their current projects over a year before they're released, and this is still usually at least a year after they've started working on said games. Still, I would much rather wait longer for a quality game.

Not that Capcom doesn't know how to innovate. Resident Evil does tend to try different things on a regular basis. 4, for example, was a huge departure, and it is my favorite in the series. They just don't do it very often. In competing with a steadily growing western-developer base, Japan needs to rethink their ideas on tradition if they want western gamers to continue buying their games.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 09:15:07 PM by Professor Holkeye »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Megaman Legends itself was an innovation, and it happens to be one of my favorite games. But Capcom are pretty munch greedy fucks now. They had that whole situation where if the prototype (glorified demo) didn't sell enough copies they wouldn't release the game. They release a new version of Street Fighter IV every 6 months and charge $40 for it each time, and don't even get me started on DMC.

Also about Monster Hunter 3DS, I'm not sure Capcom ever confirmed it but they did talk about it an awful lot, and in April a translating company did confirm they were translating a Monster Hunter title on the 3DS into English. Nobody said anything if it was a new game or a port, or if it's actually going to make it to shelves (it won't)

Rep:
Level 94
They're also doing the PSP ones on the PS3.

Rep:
Level 97
Oh really? Well shit that's awesome.

Rep:
Level 94
No word on whether they'll be retail or network, or if they'll be remade or just upped in resolution.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:57:27 AM by Professor Holkeye »