RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Age of Monsters and Magic

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
This post last updated with new information on July 14

^Can you tell what game this image pays homage to?^

Overview
AoMaM is an incredible RPG adventure game made with RMVX. I skillfully have merged all of my most innovative, creative, and pleasurable game concepts into this project, which will result in its being a fantastic game to play once it is finished. This project is inspired by board games, card games, and choose-your-own-adventure books. It is further inspired by a large sum of video games that I have enjoyed.

World
The land of Teragard is a wondrous one; it is largely peaceful, is ruled by a beloved king and queen, and is an enormous land to explore and discover. Many monsters and thieves have conquered the wilds, but fortunately there are just as many adventurers ready to combat them and protect the land. Teragard is populated by many cities of all sizes, all kinds of people, lush forests, vibrant fields, tall mountains, and pleasant dirt roads. People describe it as beautiful.

There is a lot of lore for every individual location you come across in the game. The entire world is for you to explore.

Story
There are 30 storylines in the game. Each one has depth and is epic in scale. Each of the six characters have 5 different storylines to follow. You will only complete one story per playthrough. The first time you select a character, his or her story will randomly be selected for you. But the next time you select that character, you may choose which story you would like to play through. The story does not end there, though; the decisions you make on your journey will grant you 1 of 3 endings per storyline.

Characters
There are many supporting characters in each storyline, but these six are the main characters. You select one, and your journey begins. Each character has different strengths and weaknesses, and some are more balanced than others.
Amazon: A strong female warrior. The Amazon is a member of an elite guard unit that protects a city high up in the mountains.

Knight: The Knight is a member of a the castle guard, protecting the king and queen and defending the land.

Pirate: A swashbuckler of the high seas, the Pirate sometimes resorts to crime or vigilante methods, but is generally well-intentioned.

Sorcerer: A seeker of arcane knowledge who uses his wisdom to overcome any challenges he may come across.

Thief: A young woman who is unfortunately required to be on the wrong side of the law. She does the best she can to get by, and is always braced for unexpected challenges.

Witch: A spellcaster who uses her insight to solve the problems bestowed upon her.

Gameplay/Features
This is the heat of the meat. AoMaM is a visual, text-based, RPG adventure. Here are the things you can expect, in no particular order:
-Novel Mode and Arcade Mode. In Novel Mode, everything that happens in the game is explained in detail, completely immersing you in the world. In Arcade Mode, these descriptions are left out, saving you the time to have to read everything.
-The adventure is never the same twice. The encounter "cards" that you "draw" from an incorporeal "deck" dictate what you come across on your journey.
-Great music
-Original, and very awesome, artwork of everything in the game. The artist I've hired is amazing. The many images in the game help to enhance the visual value and enable you to feel even more like you are in a fantasy world.
-A secret character with an extraordinary storyline that ties together everything else that happened in the game.
-An in-game art gallery and sound test
-A records system, keeping track of your high scores of things like highest amount of gold held, most monsters defeated in one playthrough, etc.
-Awesome combat system that requires you to use only your relevant traits. If your character has a lot of Strength, but has come across some kind of magical apparatus, your strength won't help. A character with a high Wisdom score would take care of that situation in a breeze, though. On the other hand, when fighting a monster, a high strength value is a must.
-Upon clearing any obstacle, which are called "Trait Checks," you may increase one of your statistics by 1 point. Customize your character's trait values any way you want! If you fail a trait check, though, you will lose 1 hp and get no rewards!
-New equipment augments your individual traits. Weapons improve STR, Toolkits improve DEX, and Artifacts improve WIS.
-You will be able to make a choice in every single encounter you come across. If you see a burning village, you can risk your life to help its inhabitants, or you can make sure not to endanger yourself and go around! Everything is highly interactive.

Screenshots
A WIP image of the character select screen:

Bombshell
This will be a commercial game. The price will be $10.00. There will of course be a free demo. However, this game's free demo is far more expansive than most other demos you may have played. In this, you will be able to play through the entire game as many times as you want. The limitations are apparent, though, as you will not have access to the artwork, sound test, records, and will only be able to select 1 character, and will always have the same one storyline. Even with those limitations, the game can be played from beginning to end and be very enjoyable, as well as very replayable. It's just that the game is even more enjoyable and replayable if you buy the full version.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:42:31 AM by dragonmagna »

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
$10 for a VX game? That's ridiculously stupid. Also, I hope all of the content within your game has been created by you or hello lawsuit. Hell, I'm not even sure if using a pre-made game making tool (in this case VX) to make a game for profit is legal.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
You're sounded pretty cocky, and for it to be $10, (I won't be buying it) it better be as amazing as you say it is. I shall be awaiting your demo.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
If the content of the game uses the default RTP (or extra RTP provided by Enterbrain) or has graphics, scripts and audio which are royalty free ... then it's perfectly fine to charge for the game that is created. The author really needs to check up on the licenses for any graphics, scripts and audio that are not custom-made, though.

That said, ten dollars is simply far too high. I would say two or four dollars at the absolute most.

I've downloaded and previewed your other games and for ten dollars the graphics and design would need to far exceed that of your other works.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
judging by the very poor title image with the shitty overused font I'd say it isn't worth $10 at all.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
30 in-depth storylines. 5 stories per character.
You post a topic claiming that that's what will be in this game of yours, and your only screenshot is a HUD with nothing on it?
Games aspiring to be this epic have to have had MUCH more progress before they can be posted and not mocked.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Dark Age of Messiah and Might and Monsters of Magic

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
$10 for a VX game? That's ridiculously stupid. Also, I hope all of the content within your game has been created by you or hello lawsuit. Hell, I'm not even sure if using a pre-made game making tool (in this case VX) to make a game for profit is legal.

If you legally purchased VX yes. I know it's fine in Japan.

As for the game itself, well, you definitely need to show mor, even $5 is too much for a VX game at times.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Wow, I wasn't expecting all these visceral reactions!

Hopefully some of you will calm down with this information:

-It is legal to sell games made with RMVX.

-$10.00 is a fantastic price for a game, seeing as how many commercial games go for $30.00-$60.00 these days. Even very basic games, such as Angry Birds, are sold for money, though the price for them is very low.

-All content in the game is 100% original.

-I have been a game designer for over 5 years and have a load of programming experience with multiple game-making programs, as well as the leadership skills necessary to make an ambitious project like this come to fruition.

-Other games I have made are merely stepping stones I have taken to fully understand the limits of RPG Maker and my capabilities as a developer.

-I will be selling this game because it will be a commercial-quality game.

-This game probably won't be complete for another year. It has been in development for several months so far. Due to the high level of innovation, programming, artwork, writing, and more that has to be done for the game, it should be pretty clear why there is not much actually shown about it.

-@Pacman, I see that you're right about needing to be able to show more progress to avoid being mocked! Wish I had the chance to hear that from you or someone else before making this topic here!  ^-^

-Neither of the images I showed are finalized, and there is no guarantee that either of them will be used in the game. That's especially the case with the title screen-looking image.

On a less relevant note, there are a number of games that have been made with RPG Maker that have been sold. And for higher prices. For example, Deadly Sin 2 was made with RMVX, sells for $25.00, AND used a number of RTP graphics, including battlers and tilesets.

In my own personal opinion, I really think that the reactions to my statement about the game being commercial are completely over the top and unnecessary. I wish that instead of freaking out about selling a game for money, some of you would actually comment on the game itself- does it sound like something you would play? Are you interested in a game that is very immersive? Do you love seeing loads of new, original, fantasy art? Those kinds of questions are the ones meant to be posed when making a topic about a game like this. Feel free to comment on whatever you want, but my decision to sell the game is pretty final. Only in extreme circumstances would I instead consider not selling it, and complaints from the community of this site is not an extreme circumstance.

I am an adult, and I do have to make a living. Why not turn my longtime hobby into a part-time profession? I just can't understand why everyone hates the idea of spending money. If you think the game sucks, don't buy it. If a demo in which you can play through the entire game, with it being different each time, doesn't sound good enough for you, then don't even download the demo, and remove this game from your thoughts as it clearly is uninteresting to you.

I doubt I'll be returning to this site until I can post that the game is finished (as I said, I estimate in maybe a year, though that length of time is pure guesswork), unless of course some members of this community actually take an interest in the game and comment on something besides the fact that it will cost money.

I have spoken! :D

Interested in playing these complete games and checking out more? Go to my website!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No RM game is worth money.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
No RM game is worth money.

Even ones that have been completely coded to the point where one can't even tell it was made with RPG Maker?

And as I said, if you don't want to buy it, and don't even want to play the demo, there is nothing forcing you to do anything.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that the majority of the posts here are more about your presentation than your actual game. First, its never a good idea to overpraise yourself in your topic. Saying things like, "I'm back with a really impressive game," means nothing. Nickelback probably thinks all of their music is really impressive, but it just sucks ass. Now, if you had other people saying that it was impressive, that would be more legitimate. Charging money is also presumptuous, particularly because you're set on a pricing when the game isn't even finished yet. This makes it sound like you're more concerned about making money than finishing the game itself. Looking at the other games you've made makes it clear that you specialize in sub-par flash-type games, with blasted jpegs in lieu of custom images. Oh, and I had to manually change your broken links in my address bar. If you can't code a link, how can you code a game?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
*claps slowly, speeding up with everyone joining*

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I'm going out on a limb here, but I would say that the majority of the posts here are more about your presentation than your actual game. First, its never a good idea to overpraise yourself in your topic. Saying things like, "I'm back with a really impressive game," means nothing. Nickelback probably thinks all of their music is really impressive, but it just sucks ass. Now, if you had other people saying that it was impressive, that would be more legitimate. Charging money is also presumptuous, particularly because you're set on a pricing when the game isn't even finished yet. This makes it sound like you're more concerned about making money than finishing the game itself. Looking at the other games you've made makes it clear that you specialize in sub-par flash-type games, with blasted jpegs in lieu of custom images. Oh, and I had to manually change your broken links in my address bar. If you can't code a link, how can you code a game?

Boy oh boy, I sure do have to earn my respect around these parts! Please allow me to pleasantly address everything you've mentioned in this post, as most of it is pretty valid.

-Good point in how my very opening statement means nothing. Even though I was active here 3 years ago, it is very apparent that no one here remembers me now. So I'll just take that out because, as you imply, it does worsen the presentation.

-I disagree that it seems like I am making this game to make money. As an entertainer, my main goal is to entertain people, and I think I have made that evident enough by saying multiple times how playable and replayable even just the demo will be. Also, the reason that I mentioned price at the very end of my post, amounting to 10% of the content of that post, should be enough to demonstrate that I emphasize other aspects of the game more greatly.

-Looking at other games I have made will tell you absolutely nothing about this game. I really like the Nintendo game Pokemon, but I hated Nintendogs. Those are both games by the same company. They are different, and not comparable. I can't say Nintendo specializes in one thing or another by comparing two games they have made to one that has not even been released yet.

-I copied my signature from a different forum that I'm more active on, where the coding is slightly different. I hadn't tested the sig after copying it, and so I wasn't even aware the links were broken! I will fix them right away.

As I've been saying, you don't have to buy this game or even care about this game. If you really hate it, for whatever reasons you may have, then leave it alone. But if you keep arguing, then be asssured that I will respond to your concerns, because I like to be a nice guy-- That's why I haven't used any harsh language or made any assumptions about you or anyone else here! :)

Rep:
Level 94
Nintendogs and Pokemon were made by two different developers. Nintendo and GameFreak/Creatures Inc, respectively. Just because they were published by the same company, that doesn't mean they were made by the same company. You, on the other hand, have developed all three of these games. You are also just one person, as opposed to a group of people. Thus, it is possible to use your old games as a barometer for your new one.

Oh, and you're not Nintendo. FYI.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 10:47:23 PM by Professor Holkeye »

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I hope you understand I wasn't comparing myself to Nintendo, and also never will. Because I am not them, that would be a bad comparison to make. I can only ever compare myself to myself, if I want to be accurate.

While your point is true that Nintendogs and Pokemon actually were developed by different companies, you do not disprove my point that all games made by the same company are not the same game. "I can't say Nintendo specializes in one thing or another by comparing two games they have made to one that has not even been released yet." In this same sense, you cannot say that I specialize in one thing or another by looking at two of my other games, which, again, I have called "stepping stones" in my experience with game development.

Additionally, there actually is a group of people working on AoMaM. They have all been or are being compensated. I am the game's lead designer and producer, as well as many other things. Our team is small.

Lastly, even though I really am having fun debating you (not sarcasm), please try to direct our debate towards an on-topic subject. I don't want this to turn into some conversation about Nintendo or another game company, or something someone is doing or has done. I want this topic to be about my game only. Please and thank you. :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:05:12 PM by dragonmagna »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I doubt I'll be returning to this site until I can post that the game is finished
Without a demo? Screenshots or anything? You will be forgotten.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I doubt I'll be returning to this site until I can post that the game is finished
Without a demo? Screenshots or anything? You will be forgotten.

Exactly. As Pacman pointed out earlier in the topic, a topic shouldn't be made without there being substantial content to show off, or else it will be mocked, which has clearly been demonstrated so far. Why reveal everything about the game bit by bit, only to be mocked and insulted for it until I have the substantial content I need?

Keep in mind that I also said right after that statement that I will definitely stay active with this topic if the community here actually takes an interest in the game. So if all the irrational and fevered complaints about money are replaced by interest and curiosity and perhaps feedback regarding the game itself, I will happily stay and post updates and answer questions and be involved here! :)
But unless that change occurs, I'll keep away for a while. Being exposed to all this complaining about me giving you a fun game to play can't be healthy for me! ;)

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
The issues that have been raised about charging for the game can be traced back to the lack of visual information and general progress of the design (and possibly in part to the fluffy wording of your original post). As a potential player, being provided with what scant information is available, I have to ask myself the following questions : "What do I have to become excited about? Does the game creator have a track record of making great games? Have I liked the games the creator made in the past?"

Since I had never played any of your games before, I went to your website and downloaded each one. After having played all of them, I formed an opinion that your skills would have had to improve greatly to maintain my interest in 'Age of Monsters and Magic'. You have said that your past games were 'stepping stones', but at this time it is all that I have to base my opinion on.

If you went to a bank and asked for a fifty-thousand dollar loan whilst having a nearly vacant credit score, you would most likely not get what you wanted. This is what I feel like you are asking of me. You would like me to be excited and supportive of your game, but your past history has not shown what I believe to be commercial quality work. This is, again, my opinion based on having played your past games as this is all that I have available to help me make my decision.

Future screen shots and additional information that you provide very well may be sufficient to change my original opinion, but until then I really have nothing else to go on.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
The issues that have been raised about charging for the game can be traced back to the lack of visual information and general progress of the design (and possibly in part to the fluffy wording of your original post). As a potential player, being provided with what scant information is available, I have to ask myself the following questions : "What do I have to become excited about? Does the game creator have a track record of making great games? Have I liked the games the creator made in the past?"

Since I had never played any of your games before, I went to your website and downloaded each one. After having played all of them, I formed an opinion that your skills would have had to improve greatly to maintain my interest in 'Age of Monsters and Magic'. You have said that your past games were 'stepping stones', but at this time it is all that I have to base my opinion on.

If you went to a bank and asked for a fifty-thousand dollar loan whilst having a nearly vacant credit score, you would most likely not get what you wanted. This is what I feel like you are asking of me. You would like me to be excited and supportive of your game, but your past history has not shown what I believe to be commercial quality work. This is, again, my opinion based on having played your past games as this is all that I have available to help me make my decision.

Future screen shots and additional information that you provide very well may be sufficient to change my original opinion, but until then I really have nothing else to go on.

Thank you so much for this fair assessment! You raise good points and are respectful. The only thing I'm unsure of is what you mean by the "fluffy wording" of my original post.

If I get more posts like this, I would gladly update this site regularly.

However, you said that my skills would need to be improved greatly for you to be "interested" in AoMaM. So you aren't interested in this project at all? Or are you just not interested in buying it? If the latter is the case, then please correct yourself. Because if the former is true, meaning you aren't interested in the game at all, then your expectations for every RM game made are absurdly high, especially considering that RM's userbase is populated mostly by beginners.

I would be amazed if anyone was ready and willing to buy a game that belongs in the "New Projects" forum; there isn't that much to go by. When the game is finished, it will cost money, but also be worth spending money to play.
Instead of fearing that eventual time, why not be interested in the game, and at least play the demo when it comes?

In any case, I'd like to say thanks again for not posting a hostile or disrespectful comment! :)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I'm going to go and be off norm of myself and instead of criticism to just wish you luck and hope that you soon include some visual information about your game. Though I do agree with Holk that no RM game should cost money - just my opinion though.

Rep:
Level 94
Of course you can make an assessment of a developer's games by looking at what they've done before. Especially in the case of a solo developer. When I buy a Bioware developed game, I know what to expect: A thoroughly fleshed-out world, the priority of storyline placed over gameplay, and a good/evil compass somewhere within. Of course, not every game that they make has all of these, but these are what they're known for. So, in looking at your previous games, I know what to expect. If you don't believe that this is true, then you're lying to yourself.

In any case, what you've done here has worked, as I will play your demo when it comes out.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I'm going to go and be off norm of myself and instead of criticism to just wish you luck and hope that you soon include some visual information about your game. Though I do agree with Holk that no RM game should cost money - just my opinion though.

Thank you very much! That's a kind thing to say. If I looked at any RM game I've seen before, I too would think that RM games should not be sold. However, selling them is a practice that is already done, and I think the uniqueness and enjoyability of this particular game reach far beyond what most RM games achieve, to the level where I believe this game will be of a quality that deserves to be commercial-- and maybe when the game is finished, you will think the same. :) Thanks again for being nice!

Of course you can make an assessment of a developer's games by looking at what they've done before. Especially in the case of a solo developer. When I buy a Bioware developed game, I know what to expect: A thoroughly fleshed-out world, the priority of storyline placed over gameplay, and a good/evil compass somewhere within. Of course, not every game that they make has all of these, but these are what they're known for. So, in looking at your previous games, I know what to expect. If you don't believe that this is true, then you're lying to yourself.

In any case, what you've done here has worked, as I will play your demo when it comes out.

I think I mostly agree with this. Mostly, but not entirely. Watch the movie Following and then the movie Inception. Can you tell that the movies had the same person working as both writer and director? Would you expect the filmmaker of Following to eventually make a movie like Inception? I sure wouldn't! I think, to be totally accurate, you would be right in saying that you can somewhat know what to expect. As I gain experience and improve, and have come to believe this game is at least capable of being commercial quality, you certainly should not expect this game to be the same, quality-wise, as my past games. :)

And also, Professor Holkeye, please listen to my counterarguments!! As I already told you, I'm not developing this game entirely on my own. I am getting honest feedback from my team, who offer it voluntarily upon request. Each day improvements are being made because of their criticisms. In my past games, there was less teamwork and more "hey, can you do this one thing for me?" from a few collaborators.

Anyways, I think we're done arguing, unless you want to bring up something else! :)

In the event you want to keep arguing, please keep your concerns related to AoMaM, or send a PM. As I said in my last response to you,
Lastly, even though I really am having fun debating you (not sarcasm), please try to direct our debate towards an on-topic subject. I don't want this to turn into some conversation about Nintendo or another game company, or something someone is doing or has done. I want this topic to be about my game only. Please and thank you.
You directly brought up another game company and talked about things they do and blah blah. It's irrelevant. I think it's obvious to both of us that our opinions are unshifting, regardless of what evidence we use to back them up. I know I did the same thing with my example about those films, but come on, man... I'd love to hear you say something about AoMaM rather than something totally unrelated to AoMaM. Your arguments are more about me personally and my skills as a developer than the game.

Anyways, please just send me a PM if you want to keep this off-topic argument up! :) I'd prefer it, as our argument certainly isn't doing much to say anything about AoMaM.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:17:44 AM by dragonmagna »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'll try to stay on topic so, I think what you've said about the game makes it sound great. And I do want to play the game (just because playing indie games is my thing), the choices and alternate outcomes sound cool (emphasis on sound) and I really love visual novel type games, and the fact you're adding combat makes it a whole lot better.

But, it would actually be in your best interest to keep the topic active even if we don't say good things because if you hold off on the demo, especially when we know you did, I doubt anyone (here) would buy it before trying it beforehand to decide whether or not they'd like to purchase it.

Rep:
Level 94
Just another RMRK user who is deaf to criticism. Good luck on your game.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Just another RMRK user who is deaf to criticism. Good luck on your game.

Thanks a lot for the good luck wish! :) It means a lot coming from you (still not sarcasm!) Now, I know that I asked you to stop arguing, but I have to point out that you seem to be the deaf one, as I have already said before:
As I already told you, I'm not developing this game entirely on my own. I am getting honest feedback from my team, who offer it voluntarily upon request. Each day improvements are being made because of their criticisms.
This is my third time bringing this up to you. The only piece of "advice" I have ignored is to not sell the game. Again, I can quote myself on this, and my statement was quite rational:
Only in extreme circumstances would I instead consider not selling it, and complaints from the community of this site is not an extreme circumstance.
Moving on!
I'll try to stay on topic so, I think what you've said about the game makes it sound great. And I do want to play the game (just because playing indie games is my thing), the choices and alternate outcomes sound cool (emphasis on sound) and I really love visual novel type games, and the fact you're adding combat makes it a whole lot better.

But, it would actually be in your best interest to keep the topic active even if we don't say good things because if you hold off on the demo, especially when we know you did, I doubt anyone (here) would buy it before trying it beforehand to decide whether or not they'd like to purchase it.

Awesome! It's really nice of you to say those things, and I'm glad that the game sounds interesting to you!! That's exactly how I want everyone to feel about this game.
It sounds like the remarks being made on this topic are becoming less vehement, so I may just be here to stay! And don't worry; even if I am convinced to leave from too many harsh comments (seems unlikely right now), I would still release both the demo and the full game. I would be crazy to expect someone to buy the game without having the demo first. They'd have to really trust me to do that, but no one has any reason to really trust me... yet! :)

Sounds like this topic is getting somewhere! Have I earned the respect of this community yet?! :D

Rep:
Level 82
Well, I had actually wrote : "maintain my interest". My interest is set low at the moment, which is about on par with what I give all new RPG Maker projects which have yet to offer much in the way of information or a demonstration.

Perhaps my opinion will become more clear if I give a brief explanation of my decision making process when it comes to video games in general and doubly so for RGP Maker games. First and foremost, I am a very visually oriented person. Therefore, my initial thoughts are about how visually engaging the game is and if I enjoy the art style that is being used.

If the graphics catch my attention then I will move on to the writing style employed to deliver the story and more importantly, the personality of the characters. If the presentation of personalities is solid and the story comes across well, then chances are very high that I will want to play through the game regardless of the offered features.

Also, as someone who tinkers with RPG Maker very often, if the game can make me say : "Wow, how did (he/she) do that?", then I will almost certainly pick up the game, if only to try and figure out how something was done or see what other interesting tidbits the creator has woven into the project.

Textual information is, at best, skimmed for key points and tucked away at the back of my mind. Tutorials are skipped, manuals are ignored unless I cannot figure out how something works by trial and error. The information listed within the original post simply does not give me anything that I really want to see, and the supplied graphics are not sufficient enough to sway my interest from its current position.

Further visual information and especially a demonstration could go very far in helping to change my mind.

Please beware that my expectations are set high for commercial games. It is of my opinion that for-profit games cannot claim the safe harbor that the hobbyist can sail and should be held to a higher standard. If this project had been a non-commercial submission to this message board, I doubt you would have received the negative feedback that you have been given thus far.

At any rate, I've bantered on for too long. I hope that everything goes well with your project and that at some time in the future we will see further information. I personally know how much work goes into creating a game -- especially one of such large size -- so I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 94
Criticism isn't criticism when the people giving it to you are sycophants. You've accused me of getting off topic multiple times while doing so yourself, completely moving from even games into films. You're deaf to criticism because you're just rationalizing it all away, except when people say something you agree with. My assumption, then, is that you can't understand anything beyond direct, specific advice. Here you go:

1. Lose the blasted jpegs from your prior games. If you need portraits, don't just blow up a tiny sprite. Put some time into it.
2. Have some uniformity to your art direction. Using a multitude of styles doesn't make something better, it makes it look cobbled together. Specifically in Legion: Tactics, you have all of the following:
   -Sprite-based landscapes (Which are, again, blasted and fuzzy)
   -Digitized avatars (Or what look like digitized avatars)
   -MS Paint lines on a map
   -MS Paint portraits for some reason
   -3D stills for cutscenes
3. Following #2, if you must use two different fonts, never use two different serif or non-serif fonts. This is bad design form. You should also make them look as different from one another as possible. In one screen of Legion: Armada, you have 4 different fonts on screen at the same time! There's no need for this, and two of them are very similar.
4. Also on the art front, there are way too many different window styles. You have a tan, a light blue with dark streaks, and a dark blue with light streaks. Again, uniformity goes a long way.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Exhydra, you are really fair! Thanks for the explanation.   ^-^ And thanks for the wish of good luck.

I truly wish I could show everyone more. Thing is, the artwork is the major selling point of the game, and artwork (good artwork anyway) takes a good while to create. And it is really fantastic. Yossy, a former moderator here, is the game's artist. But... I have yet to implement any of her drawings for the game, and even if I did, I'd still have little to show, as much more progress still needs to be done. If she dropped out, the game wouldn't be commercial-quality. People care about visuals as much as if not more than the writing, especially in a game like this, so her amazing art is the selling-point.

Most of the bulk for this game so far has been in the coding and the writing department-- not quite as attractive as a screenshot featuring the game's artwork would be.

And as you say, Exhydra, had I not said that this game would be sold, it wouldn't be criticized so strongly-- being that the biggest topic within this... topic... has been that the game will be sold.

Here's a random piece of art by the game's artist. The art of AoMaM looks somewhat similar, but has a very clear artistic style. This image has nothing to do with AoMaM. Of course I'll post relevant images soon. But because people keep saying they need to see something, see this:

http://bon-bon-bunny.deviantart.com/ for more of her work.
I think her game, Futaiten: Book of Days, is still downloadable from this site. It featured a lot of her art.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Criticism isn't criticism when the people giving it to you are sycophants. You've accused me of getting off topic multiple times while doing so yourself, completely moving from even games into films. You're deaf to criticism because you're just rationalizing it all away, except when people say something you agree with. My assumption, then, is that you can't understand anything beyond direct, specific advice. Here you go:

1. Lose the blasted jpegs from your prior games. If you need portraits, don't just blow up a tiny sprite. Put some time into it.
2. Have some uniformity to your art direction. Using a multitude of styles doesn't make something better, it makes it look cobbled together. Specifically in Legion: Tactics, you have all of the following:
   -Sprite-based landscapes (Which are, again, blasted and fuzzy)
   -Digitized avatars (Or what look like digitized avatars)
   -MS Paint lines on a map
   -MS Paint portraits for some reason
   -3D stills for cutscenes
3. Following #2, if you must use two different fonts, never use two different serif or non-serif fonts. This is bad design form. You should also make them look as different from one another as possible. In one screen of Legion: Armada, you have 4 different fonts on screen at the same time! There's no need for this, and two of them are very similar.
4. Also on the art front, there are way too many different window styles. You have a tan, a light blue with dark streaks, and a dark blue with light streaks. Again, uniformity goes a long way.

I wonder if you have even noticed how politely I respond to the insulting tones you use in every post you send me.
Anywhoozles, yeah I agree with everything you just said. Not because I want you to shut up, but because you are right, those are faults with my old games.

But those games are not this game, and judging a game that you know little about based on another game is not the best method to judge the game. The best way to judge this game would be to look at what this game has to offer, of which you know very little at the moment.

All you care to say is that you don't like my previous games. Even Professor Layton wouldn't be so obsessed with something so irrelevant. Do you think I got no criticism for those games? Well, I did get some. And I always apply criticisms that I get towards my next projects, and sometimes into updates of my existing projects.

Instead of trying to bash me personally and disregard everything I say, please comment on this game. I keep inviting you to, but all you want to talk about is your unconditional dislike for me. :(

Call my team sycophants if you want; I'm sure you've realized by now that I'm immune to insults. And if you think saying that wasn't insulting, then you're, as you would put it, "lying to yourself." I just don't mind arguing with you. As long as you point things out, I will in turn point out whether or not you are right and, apparently and unintentionally, make you madder and madder. So much for my giving you good customer service. ;)

*Edit*
I forgot to mention, Thanks for taking the time to play my games! I'm amazed that you of all people didn't have more quibbles than things like fonts and sucky graphics. AoMaM uses 2 fonts throughout the game, and fantastic artwork. No worries, you crazy guy.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:41:28 AM by dragonmagna »

Rep:
Level 94
I'm not mad at all. I don't know why anything that I said would lead you to believe that I was mad. I'm also not arguing with you. I'm telling you things. I hope your project ends up being amazing, and I eat my words. I really do. Anyway, I've spent way too much time in this topic, and am now done.

I didn't play your other games. I went to your blog. I'm playing The Witcher, which also cost $10, by the way.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Even if everyone who is involved with your project says it is good, doesn't mean it is good. For all I know, you have a bunch of people who are saying it is good to validate their work.

Now, looking at this topic, I find a few constants that i've seen around RMRK a lot.

1. An arrogant newbie (to the site) who wants to be taken seriously despite giving little to no information and not following the rules of our "New Projects" board (which requires a lot more than what you gave)

2. Our main member base (MMB) tearing apart the newbie's work in order to not only remind the poster that nothing is new, but to try and improve the work and make it more accessible to more people, thereby increasing popularity for the creator and their subsequent process.

3. Our MMB being unnecessarily rude about #2 whilst trying to assure themselves that they are being 100% rational (this includes ad hominem attacks)

4. The OP posts several responses claiming that he is very serious and then threatening to leave if he doesn't get nice responses (thereby proving one of several points that our MMB had about the OP)

5. the MMB doesn't care except for one or two people who dig deeper into the topic and give specific feedback (and normally another person who explains why they started to ridicule the OP in the first place)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot

6. Several people say that they would love it if the OP was able to deliver all he has promised and saying they will no longer post in the topic. That being said, they likely will not play the game due to the negative experience they have tied with the OP and the OP will not post it here due to his negative experience with RMRK.

I'm just saying this because, well... This is how things are here. If you don't do things by the book and give us something substantial, we will follow these steps, because we are not good people. We will torment you because you cannot follow simple directions.

However, we will also be honest and cruel about why we don't like your product, and you will not like us for it, even if we didn't torment you first. This, we believe, is the only way to get feedback that people will actually follow, as cushioning the blow in any way makes the error seem less substantial and less likely to be fixed because of it.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:50:54 AM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I'm not mad at all. I don't know why anything that I said would lead you to believe that I was mad. I'm also not arguing with you. I'm telling you things. I hope your project ends up being amazing, and I eat my words. I really do. Anyway, I've spent way too much time in this topic, and am now done.

The insulting and degrading tone you use brought me to the understanding that you were mad at my reactions to what you have been saying. If you act like this without being mad, I'd hate to put you in a bad mood! :D

But thanks for the polite conclusion to our argument:
"Argument: a disagreement in which different views are expressed, often angrily"
Yep, we just had an argument. :)

Thanks for the kind words. I, too, hope this game will be amazing, and that you eat your words. :)

Rep:
Level 94
There are more than two emotions. I'm just honest, and I suppose a bit jaded. A lot jaded, actually. I'm sorry that you didn't know that, but I see a million topics a year where there is one screenshot, a vague description, and the poster talks about how its going to be the greatest game of all time. Its easier to just fire away and then see what crawls out of the rubble. I'm not the type of person to hold someone's hand and tell them that everything is going to be alright. I'm not mashing the keys in a rage, I'm just chilling here and telling you what I don't like about your games. I admit that I'm a dick sometimes, yes, but again, that comes from the whole "I've seen this a million times before" thing. I forget that new members don't understand that, and it gets trite having to repeat myself all the time.

(and normally another person who explains why they started to ridicule the OP in the first place)
Thus, the cycle is complete.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Even if everyone who is involved with your project says it is good, doesn't mean it is good. For all I know, you have a bunch of people who are saying it is good to validate their work.

Thing is, my team is constantly telling me to fix and improve things. They are being great in helping this game to reach a level I'd never get to on my own.

By the way, can you point me out to the rules for the New Forums board?? I thought I read them, but maybe I read something else. And aren't you backseat moderating? Ah well. If I need to add more necessary information, I will do as much as I can as soon as a mod tells me to.

Also, putting a game online for criticism isn't about getting nice responses. I've been replying to this topic all day, and most of the MMB, as you call it, has not been saying nice things. But if they want to talk about nothing but unrelated things and how "stupid" I am for wanting to sell the game, it would be pointless for me to stay, as they would have already made their decisions about me and this game.
However, it has become clear that some members are interested in this game, and have stopped with the pointless insults, so I think there is good reason for me to stay and update the topic as I can.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
There are more than two emotions. I'm just honest, and I suppose a bit jaded. A lot jaded, actually. I'm sorry that you didn't know that, but I see a million topics a year where there is one screenshot, a vague description, and the poster talks about how its going to be the greatest game of all time. Its easier to just fire away and then see what crawls out of the rubble. I'm not the type of person to hold someone's hand and tell them that everything is going to be alright. I'm not mashing the keys in a rage, I'm just chilling here and telling you what I don't like about your games. I admit that I'm a dick sometimes, yes, but again, that comes from the whole "I've seen this a million times before" thing. I forget that new members don't understand that, and it gets trite having to repeat myself all the time.

(and normally another person who explains why they started to ridicule the OP in the first place)
Thus, the cycle is complete.

Way to man up, Professor Holkeye! We're friends now. It's official.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
By the way, can you point me out to the rules for the New Forums board?? I thought I read them, but maybe I read something else. And aren't you backseat moderating? Ah well. If I need to add more necessary information, I will do as much as I can as soon as a mod tells me to.

Y'know what, you're right, the only people who's opinion matters is the Mod's... Speaking of which, Holk is the SM you've been butting heads with and saying is being immature and rude, and the people who have been saying you should pursue it are people who have no special access (some members get that if they donate or something, idk) so... That basically means that you shouldn't pursue it because the SM said so.

So, how about this: When someone tells you why you're being ridiculed, don't fucking ridicule them back for it, huh?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
So, how about this: When someone tells you why you're being ridiculed, don't fucking ridicule them back for it, huh?

I haven't been. Like Professor Holkeye, I have not been angry in my responses, and actually have been pretty cheerful in them! Or at least that's what I've been aiming for. Sometimes establishing the right tone is hard to do.

I hope that if anyone thinks I am ridiculing them, they will let me know! I would say that's the last thing I'm trying to do but that would be incorrect because that is the opposite of what I'm trying to do. What I've been trying to do in my posts and responses is thank those who have made fair assessments and comments, and calm those who have accused me of something or had some wild judgment.

I have not been trying to be arrogant, as you have told me I am, but really I've been trying to seem (and be) professional and helpful. If anyone feels insulted, ridiculed, or at all bad because of me or this topic, let me know and I will apologize!

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
You've not been too bad, but that tongue-in-cheek comment about the moderation pissed me off. I was trying to tell you not really why I think you've been insulted, but the general ideas, and letting you know that it isn't personal and not to take it as such.

And for that matter, if you read through, it basically tells you that you need screens (a pic of your, I assume, save menu doesn't count because it isn't really content we can base anything on) and a story (which, you basically told us there is none, defeating the purpose. Even if it's not forced to follow story, you have to have one) and then you have the gall to come here and say that you're right and everyone else is just nitpicking (unless they say you're doing good).

Now, when it comes down to it, someone who is arrogant is: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. And that's what you have going on for you, based on what you're telling us in your subtext, that this is the best, most amazing game ever and anyone who didn't think it would pan out had a "wild judgement" because they don't think RM games are worth money.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
1. An arrogant newbie (to the site) who wants to be taken seriously despite giving little to no information and not following the rules of our "New Projects" board (which requires a lot more than what you gave)
basically rmrk summed up.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Exactly. As Pacman pointed out earlier in the topic, a topic shouldn't be made without there being substantial content to show off, or else it will be mocked, which has clearly been demonstrated so far. Why reveal everything about the game bit by bit, only to be mocked and insulted for it until I have the substantial content I need?
Hang on, when did I say that? You can reveal things bit by bit as long as you're making progress and you're rather frequent about it. I don't mean post every day 'I FINISHED A MAP yayz', but like once every two weeks or even less frequent is okay.
The problem I pointed out in your project was that you promised an epic game with 30 in-depth stories and presented a HUD. In comparison to normal, 1-story projects, that's like saying 'I'm making a game set in old times. It'll be long and you have to pay for it.'
And people don't really give a damn about people who say that. Because you promised a lot more, you need to show us what the hell you can actually do and why we shouldn't mock you.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
You've not been too bad, but that tongue-in-cheek comment about the moderation pissed me off. I was trying to tell you not really why I think you've been insulted, but the general ideas, and letting you know that it isn't personal and not to take it as such.

And for that matter, if you read through, it basically tells you that you need screens (a pic of your, I assume, save menu doesn't count because it isn't really content we can base anything on) and a story (which, you basically told us there is none, defeating the purpose. Even if it's not forced to follow story, you have to have one) and then you have the gall to come here and say that you're right and everyone else is just nitpicking (unless they say you're doing good).

Now, when it comes down to it, someone who is arrogant is: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities. And that's what you have going on for you, based on what you're telling us in your subtext, that this is the best, most amazing game ever and anyone who didn't think it would pan out had a "wild judgement" because they don't think RM games are worth money.

Well, I can't say you aren't entitled to your own opinions!

Hang on, when did I say that?

Games aspiring to be this epic have to have had MUCH more progress before they can be posted and not mocked.

Whether or not any person here mocks me is actually a decision made entirely by them, not necessarily by something I have done.

By the way, can anyone tell me what I put in my first post that makes everyone think I take myself too seriously and think this is the best game ever made? I never said that directly... but if I unintentionally implied it somewhere, I would love to be informed of that so I can take it out.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:40:00 AM by dragonmagna »

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Oh and here's a screenshot for you visual fanatics--

As I've said about the other "screenshots," this is just a work in progress.
There actually is a load of progress made on this game. Most of it is in writing and coding, though, which people care much less about than seeing fancy visuals and artwork, of which there is an equal abundance. It just hasn't all been made yet. That's why I don't have very much to show off just yet.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
"an heroic"?

also I don't understand the blue boxes with the class name and stats. it should look the same as the rest of it, the old paper.

poor design.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 01:48:11 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
"an heroic"?
In the English language, the letter H is treated like a vowel. Sometimes it does sound funny, as in this case. Because of the funniness, it has become acceptable to use "a" instead "an" when the first letter of the next word is an H. If I used the word "honorable" instead of "heroic," the sentence wouldn't sound funny at all. ;)

also I don't understand the blue boxes with the class name and stats. it should look the same as the rest of it, the old paper.

poor design.

Think so? I didn't want it to look too plain or boring. I'll consider making it the same parchment style, and compare the before and after to see which looks better.

Rep:
Level 94
And again, I see at least 3 different, yet similar fonts.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
And again, I see at least 3 different, yet similar fonts.

I see 2 fonts, 1 with italic text. ;)
If the high number of fonts (2) becomes especially distracting or ugly, I'll certainly change it.

Like with having blue windows, the two fonts used are meant to keep the appearance from being droll.

Rep:
Level 94
3, at least.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
3, at least.

Your #1 is the same as your #2. It's italic. That's what I just said. There are two fonts, one of which is italic, in this screen.
Care to bring up something else?

Edit-
Oh I hadn't noticed you also pointed to the weird G! As I said, every image I've posted is not finalized. But everybody has been freaking out about lack of images, I thought I'd give everyone a taste of what it's like so far.

Rep:
Level 94
Italic counts as another font. I know it doesn't really make sense, but it does. And they're all serif fonts, too. I do like the portrait, and the way it extrudes from the bounding box on the top though. That looks good.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
Italic counts as another font. I know it doesn't really make sense, but it does. And they're all serif fonts, too. I do like the portrait, and the way it extrudes from the bounding box on the top though. That looks good.

I think I know what you mean; the italics do look different, afterall.

The entire game is made up of art like in this image. So if you like this portrait, you'll probably like everything else, too. :)
Well, art-wise anyway.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I wish this thread would an heroic

Fuck I don't even think Angry birds is worth money because it's a glorified flashgame. an rm game isn't worth my BANDWIDTH 9 times out of 10 much less ten dollars I could spend on something more important.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:29:00 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
I wish this thread would an heroic

Fuck I don't even think Angry birds is worth money because it's a glorified flashgame. an rm game isn't worth my BANDWIDTH 9 times out of 10 much less ten dollars I could spend on something more important.

aaaaaaaannnnd we return to the mindless bashing. Thanks for the input.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
You are quite welcome, my good sir.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
"an heroic"?
In the English language, the letter H is treated like a vowel. Sometimes it does sound funny, as in this case. Because of the funniness, it has become acceptable to use "a" instead "an" when the first letter of the next word is an H. If I used the word "honorable" instead of "heroic," the sentence wouldn't sound funny at all. ;)

poor design.

Think so? I didn't want it to look too plain or boring. I'll consider making it the same parchment style, and compare the before and after to see which looks better.

Yes, I do think so. You have two styles clashing. Futuristic and medieval, don't do that. Change the blues boxes.

And it's common practice to use whatever sounds more grammatically correct.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
An heroic is correct in the "official" Royal English language, while in the American, Australian and English prose bastardisations a heroic is more suitable.

Anyways I don't really care for commercial games, especially ones made in RPG Maker that usually have sloppy encoding, but before posting a topic about a commercial game you might want to get some higher quality images and the like; something that proves that your serious about the commercial aspect of this game and that it really is worth ten dollars. In other words, make your game commercial when you have more to show than just a title screen and a WIP skeleton. The art looks pretty cool, though.

And I really dislike text based adventures.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:53:48 AM by cozziekuns »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
royal english is for pompous cunts.

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
An heroic is correct in the "official" Royal English language, while in the American, Australian and English prose bastardisations a heroic is more suitable.

Anyways I don't really care for commercial games, especially ones made in RPG Maker that usually have sloppy encoding, but before posting a topic about a commercial game you might want to get some higher quality images and the like; something that proves that your serious about the commercial aspect of this game and that it really is worth ten dollars. In other words, make your game commercial when you have more to show than just a title screen and a WIP skeleton. The art looks pretty cool, though.

And I really dislike text based adventures.

Your advice is well-said. My idea was to start building hype early. So far, that idea has only backfired at RMRK. Anyone else I've spoken to, online or in real-life, about this game has at least left out the insults, with criticisms and concerns being more or less the same.

I feel like mentioning that not everyone here has been insulting, as a number of people have been supportively critical, and a few have just been really nice.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If I used the word "honorable" instead of "heroic," the sentence wouldn't sound funny at all. ;)

That's because honorable starts with an "o" sound, not because it starts with an "h". If a word starts with a vowel sound, it has to be preceded by an "an".

That being said, this lack of basic grammar knowledge concerns me about how many issues with similar issues will be in the text of the game. Honestly, if a game has poor grammar, it absolutely kills my interest, as it distracts me from the story, even if it is a good one.

Imagine if Harry Potter was released with a bunch of spelling and grammar errors. It wouldn't be nearly as well read.

EDIT: Actually, I think that saying "an heroric" is ok if you use heroic as a noun...

Rep:
Level 91
Am I still cool?
If I used the word "honorable" instead of "heroic," the sentence wouldn't sound funny at all. ;)

That's because honorable starts with an "o" sound, not because it starts with an "h". If a word starts with a vowel sound, it has to be preceded by an "an".

That being said, this lack of basic grammar knowledge concerns me about how many issues with similar issues will be in the text of the game. Honestly, if a game has poor grammar, it absolutely kills my interest, as it distracts me from the story, even if it is a good one.

Imagine if Harry Potter was released with a bunch of spelling and grammar errors. It wouldn't be nearly as well read.

I shouldn't have to explain so many times that it actually is proper grammar. If you want to say it isn't, then you are free to do so. That's called truthiness. But you ought to do some studying.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
royal english is for pompous cunts.
How civil of you. Not even the royal English speak royal English. Uh.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Exactly, fuck royal english.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
well... I guess when it comes down to it, if you want to use royal english, follow ALL of it's rules, or else you're just justifying your mistake so you don't have to change it, nor admit you aren't producing a quality project.

Rep:
Level 94
Ya ain't nothing but an hound-dog.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
an herro prease

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
well... I guess when it comes down to it, if you want to use royal english, follow ALL of it's rules, or else you're just justifying your mistake so you don't have to change it, nor admit you aren't producing a quality project.
I think this is the first time that I have ever agreed with you.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I think my biggest issue is the many times you write how good this game is in your presentation, expect people to pay $10 for it when it's done, and the only thing you've got to show is one unfinished, very mediocre looking screenshot of a character status screen.

Spoiler for:
AoMaM is an incredible RPG adventure game made with RMVX. I skillfully have merged all of my most innovative, creative, and pleasurable game concepts into this project, which will result in its being a fantastic game to play once it is finished.

-Great music

-Original, and very awesome, artwork of everything in the game. The artist I've hired is amazing. The many images in the game help to enhance the visual value and enable you to feel even more like you are in a fantasy world.

-Awesome combat system that requires you to use only your relevant traits.

This will be a commercial game. The price will be $10.00. There will of course be a free demo. However, this game's free demo is far more expansive than most other demos you may have played. In this, you will be able to play through the entire game as many times as you want. The limitations are apparent, though, as you will not have access to the artwork, sound test, records, and will only be able to select 1 character, and will always have the same one storyline. Even with those limitations, the game can be played from beginning to end and be very enjoyable, as well as very replayable. It's just that the game is even more enjoyable and replayable if you buy the full version.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I think my biggest issue is the many times you write how good this game is in your presentation, expect people to pay $10 for it when it's done, and the only thing you've got to show is one unfinished, very mediocre looking screenshot of a character status screen.

Spoiler for:
AoMaM is an incredible RPG adventure game made with RMVX. I skillfully have merged all of my most innovative, creative, and pleasurable game concepts into this project, which will result in its being a fantastic game to play once it is finished.

-Great music

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- MEEEEEEEEEEEN

Rep:
Level 94

Spoiler for:

-Great music

Welcome to the conversation we had two weeks ago. If you're going to continue, please have some new points to bring up, as everything you just said was already stated previously. Thank you.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

Spoiler for:

-Great music

Welcome to the conversation we had two weeks ago. If you're going to continue, please have some new points to bring up, as everything you just said was already stated previously. Thank you.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- MEEEEEEEEEEEN

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
This topic is an horror.

Rep:
Level 76
Shh, they're listening...
There have been others on this site with aspirations of going commercial and they were met with similar negativity. Pricing is important, knowing your audience is more so. Ask about Aveyond here. That is the most well known of commercial RPGMaker titles. Watch the feedback from that and then you will understand why you received the comments you did.

I couldn't care less if it's commercial or not. I will say that I wouldn't put down $10 for any game made in a hobbyist program. While others have done well enough with higher price points, this doesn't mean it is the norm. $5 is the most I could see paying for any RPGMaker game and honestly I'd only pay that much if it really grabbed me. You haven't shared enough to warrant the enthusiasm you seem to expect.

---
Now onto what is important. This may run a bit long as I haven't seen these points brought up yet and they annoy me.

What is this game about? You have that there are thirty storylines and different endings and characters and whatnot. You have a very basic description of the world. You claim the scope as epic, which would lead one to believe Elder Scrolls amounts of playtime. You are sorely lacking any real information, however.

Where is the conflict, the driving force of the story? Who and what are we meant to care about and why? The blurbs you have on the different classes are stiff and uninteresting. Are these characters only doing their jobs? What's their motivation, what happens that makes the player care enough to play through their story?

You should also explain what your definition of "text-based" is. There are a few types. You also mention board games and card games, which hints at gameplay elements that could take away from the traditional expectation of a text-based adventure. If you're going to tell us what the game is based on, and have such a varied list, tell us how those other things will relate to this one. There is a lot listed in "Features" yet none of it really explains anything.

----
There is nothing presented that I can care about and it's obvious I am not alone - this is bad. If you want people to care about this game as much as you do then you need to give us more. You need something to draw people in and referring to your game as "innovative" or "incredible" is not the way to do it. No one likes a braggart. Give us a summary of the story. A prelude, if you will, as it is text-based I assume you have this sort of thing written up.

Here is an example of how to present your game - Perchance to Dream - by Bunny
There are shorter blurbs for the story in other topics as well. Look around the Project threads for examples.

If you remove the ego-stroking, move the references to how many storylines and whatnot into it's own section (and not in the "Story" section, as people expect to read -about- your story not that it will have one there), and write up a real summary or teaser for the story then maybe you'll get more attention. Or at least not so much negative attention.