RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker for iPhone & iPod

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hey Guys,

My names Ben and I'm wanting to gauge how many people would be wanting to use a RPG Maker style kit which develops Games for iDevices. We have a kit which we have used in house at Misnomer Studios to develop GeoSociety (Which is on the Apple App store) and it could easily be used again to make other games.

If you have an iDevice and would like to give it a go, drop me a PM. I would love to send you a copy and get you setup.

Creating a Map:

Editing an Event:
There is not code writing required, you can simply use the "Add Function" button and you will be given options.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
wow this looks really interesting :0
*notes*

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
Amazing. I'd like to try it out.

Rep:
Level 84
Interesting, I'd like to give it a try.

Rep:
Level 71
Looks cool I'd love to try it out.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 12:10:07 AM by DoctorTodd »

RMRK Junior
an rpg maker for an iOS device... I would JUMP on this opportunity. sadly i dont have one of those devices...
id really like to see this completed though. if i ever get an ipod or the like, i would definitely get this! such a smart idea!

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!

RMRK Junior
I'd like to give it a try! :) is it on Pc or on Mac ?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
is it on Pc or on Mac ?
Lolwut.

Do you mean the programming or the actual engine?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
is it on Pc or on Mac ?
Lolwut.

Do you mean the programming or the actual engine?

the actual engine

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Read the title.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Couple of problems. You need an actual Mac computer to compile iOS applications. Second problem, you need to have a developers license to run your own apps on your iOS device. Which costs 99$ a year might I add.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
You need a Mac to compile applications?
It costs money to run your own games on your own iPod?

And I was all excited till now, too (just got an iPod Touch).

Rep:
Level 71
You should just forget about this, I have PM him twice and no reply. While he still gets online ,he ignores this stuff.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!

Yup. Apple has created a program called xCoder and its made specifically to compile Mac and iDevice applications. However, there are free versions they supply to let you make apps. The only downside is that you can only run the iDevice app in an emulator. But if you have a jailbroken device you can put it on the phone.

Apple is just a money whore if you ask me. I guess if you are a huge developer, 100$ a year isn't that much. But its hard for indie developers to get big and 99$ can be an obstacle. Its still not that much if you do manage to get an app out there and it sells big.

Rep: +0/-0Level 61
RMRK Junior

Yup. Apple has created a program called xCoder and its made specifically to compile Mac and iDevice applications. However, there are free versions they supply to let you make apps. The only downside is that you can only run the iDevice app in an emulator. But if you have a jailbroken device you can put it on the phone.

Apple is just a money whore if you ask me. I guess if you are a huge developer, 100$ a year isn't that much. But its hard for indie developers to get big and 99$ can be an obstacle. Its still not that much if you do manage to get an app out there and it sells big.

I'm know I'm necroing this, but my jaw dropped when I read that 100$ a year is an obstacle.  It works out to 27 cents a day, I spend way more than that a day on coffee.  It's such a small nominal fee I doubt Apple is making much money of it (if any).  If there is a barrier to entry here it's in getting a Mac, but even that's not too bad (a Mini will do if you already have a display/keyboard/mouse/speakers from your PC).

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior

So you create the game using the trial software and pay the $100 when you're ready to sell. Like Gabe said, the hinderance is buying a mac if you don't already own one.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
Just to defend myself, I see 100$ as an obstacle because I currently have no way of producing money like that. I know thats bad but any money I really ever come into either goes into my college funds or supplies for highschool. Occasionally I'll get a video game here and there. Depending on the situation, 100$ can be an obstacle, it really depends who you are. And not owning a Mac just makes it worse. @__@

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Just to defend myself, I see 100$ as an obstacle because I currently have no way of producing money like that. I know thats bad but any money I really ever come into either goes into my college funds or supplies for highschool. Occasionally I'll get a video game here and there. Depending on the situation, 100$ can be an obstacle, it really depends who you are. And not owning a Mac just makes it worse. @__@

Heh, I can understand your situation, and yeah $100 can be a lot to a high school student. But to be honest I doubt most commercial indie developers are kids. ;)