RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Incorrect Title Screen Showing

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Y <3 ?
Silver - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Greetings everyone,
   I've been experimenting with my title screen creation skills in Photoshop, the first one I made is below (and is titled "Title_Old.png"):

And the second one, the one I am officially going to be using, is this one (and is title "Title.png"):

My problem is, every time I run the game, I get Title 1 showing up instead of Title 2; I have went into every single folder of my game, into the RGSS2>RTP>System folder directory and made sure Title 1 wasn't showing up. Every where I look, this title screen does not appear - can someone explain to me why this title screen is still showing up and how to get rid of it? I've tried looking at several other images to try and see if it was just an incompatibility issue with Title 2, but it still shows Title 1 every time I get into the game. (I only have this problem with this game, btw, I've made another complete game and changed the title screens a lot but this problem didn't exist.)

Thank you for your help and time with this matter.
~Kitten
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1352/

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
And you're absolutely positive that you've over-written the 'Title.png' underneath the (Game Name)\Graphics\System folder with the new image? There's really no reason why it shouldn't be showing properly if it is in that folder. Unless you're using a script that changes the way that Scene_Title loads the title graphic.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I was going to say it was probably a script.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Y <3 ?
Its not script and yes I'm positive I've checked the "title.png" and made sure that's the only one showing up; I was thinking though, what about if I imported title 1 into the game directly, would it keep it in there???
"If you see it, it is not truly there. If you dream it, it will never appear when you waken. If you love it, it will never leave you. Love him... Though he is not real and though you may never see him when you awaken tomorrow." ~ Sorceress of Gaida, Quote from: Eriscadia - The Fall of Nations

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
If the Title.png is within the (Game Name)\Graphics\System folder, it will take that file over everything else. Certainly, you might only have one Title.png in that folder, but you've checked to make sure that one is the correct graphic, right? If you're sure that it isn't a scripting issue, I'm really not sure what else you could try besides verifying without a doubt that the graphic you have as your Title.png in the (Game Name)\Graphics\System folder is the right one.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Y <3 ?
Interestingly enough, I went into the game itself in the engine and opened the Resource Manager window and it was still sitting in there, but it wasn't in the games folder. I had to delete it from there, re-copy Title 2 over to the folder and now it offically works... I have no clue what happened there but it's fixed now. That is one strange glitch.

Thanks for the help and advice everyone!