RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Steam Summer Sale : Take all of my money, etc...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Steam is having a summer blowout sale.
http://store.steampowered.com/

Day 10 - Daily Deals
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem - $2.49
Neverwinter Nights 2 - $6.79
Portal 2 - $24.99
Terraria - $2.49
Formula 1 2010 - $10.19
Prince of Persia - $4.99 (franchise sale)
Sam & Max - $8.74 (franchise sale)
Duke Nukem forever - $24.99
Supreme Commander 2 - $3.74
X3 Terran Conflict - $4.99 (franchise sale)
Dead Space 2 - $14.99 (franchise sale)
Hitman : Blood Money - $2.49 (franchise sale)

Along with shitloads of other deals, for the whole sale.
Featured Summer Packs
Featured Developer Packs

Also!!!
Earn Achivements -> Get Prizes!
http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/

Keep your eyes open for other gouged price deals over the next few days.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 07:13:31 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Fuck that. Pounds are worth more than Dollars. $7.50 != £7.50.

I bought oblivion thought, everyone's always told me I have to play it, and the price is good ;o
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Wait, can you mod the Steam version of Oblivion?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
yeah. It's the full game, you just use steam to launch it, though I'm pretty sure you don't actually need steam to launch a steam game (though I'm aware some games you do - Like terraria for instance)

Also, just bought Borderlands goty

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm buying a shit ton of stuff too. Borderlands is bought, Lead and Gold is bought, and anyone who hasn't got the Witcher 2 should do it now for like $33.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:18:05 AM by Professor Holkeye »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The Witcher 2 is godlike.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I know, right? Also, 1 HOUR UNTIL UPDATES! I've been considering the THQ pack, too. $50, and you get all of Dawn of War 2, all of Company of Heroes, STALKER, Titan Quest, Saints Row 2, Red Faction, and they even threw in Homefront, which is hilarious to me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updated for day two

Rep:
Level 94
I bought Heroes V, and I would buy Just Cause 2, but I run XP. :/

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I bought Heroes V, KotOR, and a bunch of the Civ V expansions. I love deals!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Updated for Day 3

Rep:
Level 94
Bought Battlefield and Darksiders.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Bad Company 2 is pretty awesome.

Rep:
Level 94
Is Magicka any good? I watched the videos, and it looks sort of like Deathmatch Gauntlet.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Hm. Nothing today seems to suit me. Well, bioshock 2, fable 3 and hl2 - but already own them, lol.

Rep:
Level 94
I've been playing the shit out of Lead and Gold. Its a lot of fun, but I wish that the classes were easier to recognize from a distance.

Edit: And if you haven't played Darksiders, you should. Its basically Zelda, but its another of those games where the world is just so beautifully crafted.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:40:31 PM by Professor Holkeye »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Bought Magicka Complete and Super Meat Boy.

Super Meat Boy is hot shit and probably the most difficult game I've ever played. You should all buy it, and I strongly recommend using a controller.

Magicka is great. It's definitely neat and unique, and words and videos don't do it justice. You kind of need to play it to understand it. I'm pretty sure Steam has a demo of it up.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I like how Two Worlds 2 is 66% off and I bought it like 2 weeks ago ._.

Figure I'll get Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Dragon Age 2

Rep:
Level 94
I bought the complete DA:O, and Torchlight, but I'm still on the fence about Two Worlds 2. I'll decide after work.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updated with day 4 deals.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Two Worlds 2 is actually really good - my only gripe is its horribly shitty dialog and the occasional sound bug. (I go from speakers to headphones sometimes and the sound doesn't transfer to the headphones unless I restart the game.) Also, (just me) I'm having issues with crashing every 30 so often. Luckily you can alter how often the auto-save occurs minimum every two minutes. It's been pretty common practice with me to just walk for a little and press quick-save so it's not really a problem now and more just annoying.

I don't even know how far along I am in it and I have like 12-15 hours in it already. I don't seem very far. I'm only barely onto the second Island. I'm not actually sure how many islands or areas there are though. I'm level 25 and from what I hear, there's no level cap. :o

Also the game is really hard but gets easier as you go along and level up your skills/upgrade your weapons.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:05:26 AM by grafikal »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm contemplating Assassin's Creed II. Can anybody tell me how well it controls on the PC?

Torchlight is great. Though be sure to check out its mods. They add some much need features (particularly more storage). The skill-balance is a bit wonky, too.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ACII is laden with massively shitty drm last I recall.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I need money ._. So I can give it to Steam.

Rep:
Level 94
I said no on Two Worlds 2 and bought Assassin's Creed 2 instead. I've played the pc version before, and it controls wonderfully. I had no problems at all.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Cool. Going to have to buy it then. I need a break from Super Meat Boy until I can pick up a 360 controller anyhow (I think I'm breaking my shift key, at the very least my wrist).

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Bought tropico III on anski's indirect recommendation  ;8
bringing sexy back

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
AC, AC2, AC: Brotherhood for 27.19 US?
Woop woop.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Bought tropico III on anski's indirect recommendation  ;8

Welcome to Country el Presidente, worker!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updated for day 5

Rep:
Level 94
Today is the least interesting to me. I did get both New Vegas DLCs, and I got Singularity, too, on a friend's recommendation.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Indeed. All I got was FO:NV and it's DLC.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Christ, the dialog (particularly the Desmond-era) in Assassin's Creed II is abysmal. The movement is awesome! It reminds me of an open-world Sands of Time. ^-^

How is Singularity? It looks pretty sweet, but it got some lackluster press (like all Raven games :( ).

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Damn, I already have all of the good games on sale today ;9

Rep:
Level 94
Christ, the dialog (particularly the Desmond-era) in Assassin's Creed II is abysmal. The movement is awesome! It reminds me of an open-world Sands of Time. ^-^

How is Singularity? It looks pretty sweet, but it got some lackluster press (like all Raven games :( ).

My friend told me that Singularity is like Half-Life 2 where you alter the course of history with a time-traveling glove. That's all I needed to hear.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Singularity is an awesome game. I loved it.

Rep:
Level 94
Today is awesome! I bought all 3 STALKERS, Deus Ex Collection, and Beat Hazard, which is totally awesome!

I also bought a Monday Night Combat 4 pack for myself and some friends!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
MNC is pretty fun, I played it for a bit.
I love Beat Hazard, though it's hard on the eyes, and it's lame that they released new content (read: a few new enemies) as pay-DLC instead of just an update.

STALKER SoC and CoP are the best ones from what Anski told me.  I've only played SoC and it's awesome.

Rep:
Level 94
The title of this thread is completely accurate. I'm so glad that I put money aside for something like this.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Civilization V - mine.

Happy that this past Friday was payday. lol.

Rep:
Level 94
Wings of Prey looks pretty sweet, but I've been burned by so many flight games. I might check out the demo...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
STALKER SoC is incredible. If you get it, get the Complete 2009 mod. It made it much more fun for me.

Beat Hazard is a lot of fun, but even with the visual effects set to 50% I still have hard time playing whenever a cross-screen explosion occurs (like when a boss is defeated or a super bomb is discharged). :( Going to have to pass on this one. I might pick up Deus Ex GOTY and Call of Prypiat.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Why haven't any of you guys bought Mount and Blade: Warband yet D:<

Rep:
Level 94
I'm not into Mount and Blade.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Buy Frozen Synapse. It is hands-down the best action-oriented strategy game of this generation, if not the previous as well, and most likely my GOTY. Even at $16.74 (-33%) it's worth it, because it includes two copies of the game.

I've never played anything quite like it. You're given options to have complete control over your units' actions to the millisecond, and yet it's easier to control and deeper than any RTS or TBS I've ever played.
It's hard to describe how truly extensive and wonderful the game play is without writing several long paragraphs, so skim over this if you're not convinced.

Rep:
Level 94
I saw a playthrough of it, and I wasn't very impressed. Beat Hazard, on the other hand, is amazing. It is definitely the seizurinest game ever made though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
The thing about Frozen Synapse is the number of tactical options available, and a really good presentation.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Why haven't any of you guys bought Mount and Blade: Warband yet D:<
This. Don't get With Fire & Sword.

Warband > F&S

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I have both ;)
I like Fire and Sword singleplayer more tbh, but Warband + cRPG is craaaaaaaaaaaazy awesome

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
i have both too meng.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Updated for Day 7

Rep:
Level 94
I've been waiting for L4D to go down. I got both, the whole King's Bounty collection, and I think I'm going to get Killing Floor, too.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I love Killing Floor.

Rep:
Level 102
As a note, the oddbox (or just oddworld collection) is heavily discounted. I picked the oddbox up :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
I didn't get the whole box, but I did get Stranger.

Edit: I would just like to say that I got a lot of games so far, and my favorite one is probably Beat Hazard. I definitely think if you get it, you should just get Ultra, though, because all of the stuff that it adds almost makes it a totally different game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:16:52 AM by Professor Holkeye »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Just got Batman

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I didn't get the whole box, but I did get Stranger.

Edit: I would just like to say that I got a lot of games so far, and my favorite one is probably Beat Hazard. I definitely think if you get it, you should just get Ultra, though, because all of the stuff that it adds almost makes it a totally different game.

God yes.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Bought Batman, but gonna wait to install it until I beat ACII.

not to derail but has anybody tried the new Beta L4D 2 campaign? That shit is pretty imbalanced. The hordes are almost never-ending are there are so few health packs, pills, and explosives. It's really "beta" atm, but it is a challenge if you're up for one. Or maybe I just suck. :P

Rep:
Level 94
That's what betas are for, so yeah.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thank you random people that give 100 dollars for surveys.

Just bought Monday Night Combat, Killing Floor, Terraria, Audiosurf and Farcry Complete.
Steam is amazing

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I love Steam.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Updated for day 8 : fuck I want street fighter IV

Rep:
Level 94
Buy Company of Heroes. Even if you just get the original, which is like $3. It is the best military RTS out there. I picked that up, Risen, Lara Croft, and Audiosurf.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
I've had CoH for a long time, it's an excellent game. Holk, and everyone else who doesn't already have me, add me on Steam. Try angrykaden or thehydra. Add to my already 90+ people friends list.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Is Opposing Forces worth it? Also, are they each 9GB or is that the total install-size of both?

EDIT: Cities XL 2011 intrigues. Any opinions of it here?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:39:13 PM by Harry Burns »

Rep:
Level 94
If you get both, Opposing Forces is pretty small. If you get one, its big. OF is an expandalone, but if you have the original, it doesn't need to get the duplicate files. And yes, OF is worth it because you get 2 new armies, and the Panzer Elite are my favorite. They're such dicks!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Is Opposing Forces worth it? Also, are they each 9GB or is that the total install-size of both?

EDIT: Cities XL 2011 intrigues. Any opinions of it here?
Just got Cities XL 2011. I had the first Cities XL they released, and even that was pretty good. 2011 is a lot better, I recommend it.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
updated for day 9

Rep:
Level 94
F3 GOTY and ME Pack. I'm going to give ME a try again, because I've heard that 2 is better.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Buying Mafia and probably Amnesia. Can anyone recommend some neat multi-player games?

I highly recommend VVVVVV (it's only $2.50). It's like a pacifist Super Metroid and SMG. There are environmental hazards and enemies, and it's mostly gravity-shifting exploration and environmental puzzles.

ME2 was a huge letdown. The only reason it got universal praise IMO is because it's Gears of War combat with CoD-like perks set in a Sci-Fi dating sim and that's pretty much the acme of the industry to every video game journalist. It's like Bioware wanted to give us ten times the amount of meat and potatoes but forgot to add the salt, pepper, and butter. And I really liked ME1.

Mafia II is really good...If you're not expect a GTA clone, which isn't (only saying this because most reviews I've read unfairly compared it to GTA IV; it's apples and oranges, fellas). Sometimes I really wish it were more open, because parts of Empire Bay were really intriguing and utterly wonderful and unfortunately inaccessible. However, the driving and melee are sub-par at best.

Rep:
Level 94
I've tried playing through ME1 at least 5 times. I always make it to the citadel and stop, because I just don't want to listen to all of the conversations. I've heard that ME2 is more actionish, (No, that isn't a word,) so I think I'd like it more.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
ME was more of an RPG than a shooter.
ME2 is supposed to be more of a shooter than an RPG.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I actually just got DiRT3 for free. A friend of mine got a new graphics card that had a promo code for a free DiRT3. There was a code just inside the box he got in the mail and then another one in the packaging of the card. So he got an extra one. Therefore, I got a free copy of DiRT3 via steam. Coincidence that it's on sale today. hah

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Whoa, that's sweet, Graf! Just bought Amnesia, but decided not to buy Mafia.

If you're just looking for action, ME2 has quite a bit and the combat feels a LOT better than ME1, but it's pretty much devoid of tactics even on the highest difficulty settings: "aim for the head, duck when your screen goes red." Yeah...ME's story and dialogue is to Foundation and Do Androids Dream what Twilight is to Dracula and I Am Legend. (Again I really liked ME1; I am a huge sucker for space adventures.)

And Nam nailed it; I'm really hoping ME3 will be a better balance of the two.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Updated for Day 10

Rep:
Level 94
Everyone should get NWN2 just for the Mask of the Betrayer expansion. Its an excellent story.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
That's what I bought. lol

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Already have it. 8) It is a great game.

I'm not sure if I"m having fun with Terraria or I'm just OCD. I've been mining a series of tunnels for quite some time now. It's not necessarily fun but I can't stop.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I bought Audiosurf when it was on sale because I thought "Well, nothing's going to be below the $2.75 that I have so I might as well buy it." And then now Terraria's on sale ._. I'm so pissed.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
you don't have like $4? ...

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It's $2.49. Which is, smugly, 2.30 AUD. Haha! I save 20 cents on a game I already have.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
idk, Steam shows me it's at $4.99 - 50% off.

Rep:
Level 94
It was $2.50, now its $5. They did the same thing with something the other day. A 4 pack was like $6.50.

Moo, what's your ID? I'll just gift you a copy.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
you don't have like $4? ...
I actually have no cash on me, and my parents owe me money, and they're setting up a credit card for me soon to put that money in there as well as my stipend for my internship so tl;dr - No T_T

@Holk: I'm mastermoo420 and omg I love you ;-; Always helping me out with game-related things. Like my PSP. I never forgot ^_^ Let me know if I can repay you in any way D8

Rep:
Level 94
You have to add me before it goes back up again. I'm going to bed, but I'll check it around noon tomorrow.

You have 15 minutes to approve me, before it goes back up again.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 04:45:10 PM by Professor Holkeye »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Oh crap LOL w/e I added you late, I guess. Thanks anyways, though.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's still on sale...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's not as cheap as it used to be :(

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
It's the same price as yesterday. So...........

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Added Borderlands GOTY, and Battlefield Bad Company 2 to my collection

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's the same price as yesterday. So...........
No, early yesterday, it was under $2.50. Then it got changed later on in the day.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
It's still the same price as some time yesterday.
Actually, quite a bit of yesterday.

Rep:
Level 94
Enjoy, Moostafa.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Bought Inside a Star Filled Sky, Everyday Shooter, and Greed Corp. haven't been able to play them though because of how busy the servers are. :-\ Does anybody know if The Polynomial is any good? I've heard some very polar opinions. Contemplating Painkiller: Black Edition, a Broken Sword, and Beat Hazard Complete, which I regret not buying.

I got to pick Terraria up for $2.50 so I'm content. It does get more fun, but the combat is hardly engaging. Building houses and exploring caves are so far my favorite parts. Apparently DoWII Retribution also had bugged pricing early today and was $7.49! I would've bought it but didn't catch it in time.

SEE HERE for an extensive list of inexpensive good  games.
Spoiler for my last-minute recommendations:
Again: VVVVVV - $2.50: I cannot recommend this game highly enough. It's as good as, if not better than, the best metroidvania games, but entirely puzzle and exploration driven. It's challenging yet not frustrating. (The beginning is boring but after you find the first crew member it becomes utterly mesmerizing.) Easily the best $2.50 spent; there's a demo of it, too. Hell, even if you don't love it to no end, it's only $2.50; you can do a lot worse and very little better for $2.50. Tip: M-key mutes sound.

Madballs in...Bobo: Invasion - $2.49: A good top-down shooter. The single-player is entertaining for the first run (unfortunately iirc you must beat it a second time to unlock all multi-player options). However, the multi-player is a blast but I think it's pretty much dead. Haven't played it in a while. I have an additional copy if anybody is interested in it.

Galcon Fusion - $3.40: Utterly fantastic. It's a simple, fun, and frenetic RTS. For $3.40 it is a steal. Highly recommended, even if you suck at strategies. This game is entertaining for an afternoon of gaming and unrivaled five minutes of gaming.

Magicka - $3.39; Complete (all DLC) - $8.49: Inventive, funny, and most importantly fun! The complete pack is totally worth it.

Unreal Tournament GOTY - $4.99: You owe it to yourself to play this game, or at least 2K4. Arguably the best arena-shooter ever made. This is a shooter in which skill and reflexes take precedent to grenade-spamming and luck. After you learn the weapons and movements, it's pure skill.

Unreal Tournament 2004 - $7.49: The differences (primarily mods) between this and GOTY  are enough make both worth the purchase, but if you're on a budget you might get more mileage out of this one: active enough community (though I think GOTY's might be more active), prettier, more mods (I think), and it should run fine on any modern system.

Torchlight - $7.49: Diablo in disguise? Maybe so, but it's still a fantastic hack-n-slash. There's no multi-player. Yeah, weird, but it's still a very fun single-player affair.

Super Meat Boy  - $11.24: As fun as it is tough, and it's relentlessly tough. Its trial-and-error game-play borders the absurd at times, though its charm and simplicity make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Do you enjoy those intense moments during which you involuntarily bite your lips, clench your jaw, and contract your anus? Yes? Then you'll love this game.

Overlord - $3.34;  Complete Pack (1+exp+2) - $13.39: A good haphazard mix of Pikmin and Zelda. Overlord is mostly better than Overlord II, but they're both excellent. Raising Hell contains new dungeons.

Frozen Synapse - $16.74: (only a two-pack is available.) Easily my favorite TBS, and a GOTY-contender without a doubt. Turns are taken simultaneously and your plans are transformed into five seconds of real time. With as much control other your individual units as you'd find in a typical FPS, the game truly affords you complete control over every movement your units make. Surprisingly, though, is how simple it is to control your units. Every action is initiated through a simple way-point system (think C&C) and context menu; no overwhelming GUI to learn! It is the equilibrium of simplicity and complexity.

The Witcher 2 - $33.49: You really should get it.

But above all else, VVVVVV.

Rep:
Level 94
I got DoW for the $7. Polynomial is dumb, get Beat Hazard instead.

Rep:
Level 94
I know the sale is over, and I am about to double post, but I'd just like to take a minute to say that this was a lot of fun. I know that all we were doing was giving money away, but it was still exciting to come home from work and have more games be dirt cheap. As a last hurrah to the summer sale, I'd like to say that I'm super pumped that LIMBO is coming to Steam on August 2nd. I'll be picking that up for sure.