RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eternal Destiny {VX} Full Game

Rep:
Level 86
Lightning charged swords are good for RPG's
               Hi, this is a project I have been working I understand that the name and the story would be a bit cliche to some people but I intended some it.               
                                                                           -Story-
   About three thousand years ago in the world Hallida there was a war between humans and dragons.  The humans hated the dragons because they were beautiful and ageless in human form.  There jealousy was what caused the war. The humans killed many of the dragons and then took away their rights.  The humans then ruled over the Dragon Kingdom and gave the dragons nothing.   
   One day a warrior named Lyle decided what they were doing was wrong.  Even though he was human he had great kindness towards the dragons and other creatures. He accepted those for who they were and never judged anyone.  This however caused another war, but this time Lyle sided with the dragons and they formed a peace treaty towards each other. 
   Now in the new age of peace or so they thought someone is going around destroying kingdoms that belong to humans. No one knows who or why they are doing this.
Characters:

Sengal:
   Height: 6’3
   Weight: 160lbs
   Profile:  Sengal is the prince of Korsin.  He is not really supposed to leave his castle but he does any way on occasion.  He has actually been outside of Korsin City with his best friend Balagan.  He has even seen many places and loves to travel.  His father died when he was only twelve years old and for some reason he cannot remember anything before he turned ten years old.

Balagan:
   Height: 6’4
   Weight: 165lbs
   Profile:  Balagan is Sengal’s best friend they always hang out together. However Balagan is woman crazy and always ends up in trouble with them.  Every time he attempts to talk to a woman he says the wrong things and ends up getting the heck slapped out of him or even beat up on occasion. He also very curious which always leads to trouble and Sengal sometimes has to knock some sense into him.

Alya
   Weight: 125lbs
   Height: 5’
   Profile: Alya is the Princess of Harwell Town. She is always attending to those in need.  She usually likes to walk around the town and keep an eye on things.  She is kind and cheerful, but she also has a very bad temper. However when she joins Sengal she seems to be hiding something.

Rycian:
   Weight: 155lbs
   Height: 6’
   Profile: Rycian is the Prince of the castle in a town that was destroyed by his mother.  He really hates his mother because of the cruel things she has done to people. However he would do anything to help his friends or anyone in need.  He plans to get his mother off of the throne somehow so that he can restore the city nearby that she destroyed and help out more people.

Monique
   Weight: 128lbs
   Height: 5’1
   Profile: Monique is the Princess of the Dragon Kingdom and has been in charge since her parents were killed by a mysterious man and woman.  She does all she can to protect the Dragon Kingdom even though she is very stressed out.  When she found out that someone stole her mother’s Dragon Necklace she set out with Sengal to find them. She is an ice dragon and can turn into dragon form during battle since she has her Dragon Bracelet.

Screen Shots Not all are in game so I can show the whole map:
Spoiler for:

Credits:
Scripts:
Yanfly's Battle Engine Melody
KGC's Large Party
Mog's Event Sensor Range
Diakonos's Battle Back by area
Shanghai's Fancy Deaths
Shanghai's Wareforms
Shanghai's Enemy Linked Deaths

Graphics:
Mack's Tiles
Mack's Character Sets
Mack's Character Generator
A cool text Generator for the title words here's the link if you want to try it:
http://cooltext.com/

Music:
Enterbain
Breath of Fire
Zelda
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Lufia2

Full game

RTP Version for those who do not have VX
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20478158/Eternal+Destiny.exe

No RTP Version for those who have it.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20478204/Eternal+Destiny.exe
Final Boss Hint
Spoiler for:
To defeat the final boss it is recommended that you get the holy weapons.  You don't have to but it is a good idea
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:14:50 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm download the game now. I'll edit in a few minutes (or more, depending on the length of the demo), I like the Ky Kiske picture you got; he's my second favorite character in Guilty Gear, after Chipp of course.

EDIT:
I really like the title screen. The character sprites are nice to look at as well, but your introduction could use a bit more work Your mapping isn't that bad, you just need to put in a bit more details into them, I guess I'm saying that the layout of the maps are well done but you need to add a bit more pizazz to them. The scene where you were saving the woman from the man trying to chop off her hand had quite a bit of grammar errors, just saying, but also it looked bad for him to disappear when he ran not even a step away from the other people. Actually, there are a ton of grammar errors, but I will leave that out for now, just make sure to get them eventually. I noticed that there are a ton of graphical errors at the big house on the south western end of the main city, it looks pretty bad; there are floating flowers and choppy-ness galore.

Now, I'm out of the city, and into combat, so I should say that the game is getting good now. I like the fighting and the Omnislash animation was pretty cool to watch. But, the enemies out here are pretty weak. The weapons sold in the shops are very underpriced and very overpowered, I hope this was only for the Demo, because it makes the easy combat even easier, where your healer can solo an entire encounter. You need to put some people into the second town though, It's very empty. You should also get some map overlays, that pretty the place up a bit more. I walked north in this second city however and was transferred to a wall, so i couldn't move. Luckily i saved before that, so I'll try to continue with this very long feedback. But, I guess I won't because that glitched passage is the only place I can go, and also where I get stuck. I played for 11 minutes btw, so you've got quite a bit of work to do. But I'm not saying this game is bad, you just need to add more details into the game and fix the grammar, that's a start.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 02:25:15 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you! I forgot to mention the game should be playable until you have to go to Orchid Village which really isn't for awhile.  If I made any mistakes let me know please.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)

Rep:
Level 86
That was mistake and a few typos in when you save the girl.  Also I didn't mean for you to start out with four characters that ws an accident too from a test play. So please give me a few minutes to reupload a fixed demo.

EDIT: Reuploaded.  Weapons are now weaker but hopefully not too weak, you now only start the game with Sengal and Balagan like I intended.  Also that teleport you error you mentioned was fixed you don't go that way anyway though. Please redownload it there should be no more problems like that now.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:18:11 AM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Alright, I'll replay it. I was thinking the other two characters were a bit out of place.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you. By the way does the music in the castle sound a little off to you, because before I encrypted it and added the RTP it sounded fine when I tested the game but I when I tested it encrypted to make sure there where no errors that happen only when encrypted it sounded a bit off to me.

EDIT: Dang, it seems no matter how weak I make the weapons the player is still too strong and I am not good at balancing things out, but I don't want the normal monsters to be too hard because no one wants to get defeated by a normal enemy.  The boss fights should be harder though still not good at balancing them out so they are strong but defeatable.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:52:55 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't think the issue is just that the enemies aren't strong enough, the player does too much damage. Increase the enemy's defense or decrease player damage. Also, that Omnislash seems like something you shouldn't begin the game with.

Rep:
Level 86
I agree but I don't know how to get rid of it.  I'll try looking for a saloution for that though.

EDIT: Okay I got rid of the omni slash skill.  Also I lowered the players attack power.  However I didn't reupload the demo yet because I am adding more game play to it. So in the next demo the player won't do too much damage.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:58:21 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I hope you didn't get rid of it completely though. It's a cool skill, I just think you shouldn't BEGIN with it. Unless you knew that's what I mean; then I just feel dumb.

Rep:
Level 86
I'll probably make the character learn it later on.  It's just I had to copy and paste his class in another slot.  In Yanfly's script it set up as a command called limit for class 1.  I am a little worried if I make the player learn it, it might spit out an error in the script, but I'll try making the character learn it maybe at level 30 and see what happens when I attempt to use it.

EDIT: Tested it the player can learn it without any problems or errors.  So I will make them learn it later. Also since Sengal uses spears and not swords I am going to change it to Omni Pirece instead and change the icon to a spear.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:00:14 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 86
UPDATED
The game is now completed so give it a try. The player no longer starts off with the Omni Slash Skill and it is playable all the way to the end of game. There are more characters but I will add them to the post later.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'll download the full game when I get back from my football practice (tiring) which will be in about 2 hours. I can't wait to see what you've done with the game.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you! Hopefully I didn't forget anything. If I did let me know.

Rep:
Level 68
This looks like an excellent game! I will definitely be downloading it sometime today.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank you! I really hope you enjoy the game!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Should Balagan's double attack cost mana? Because it doesn't.

EDIT: Also, some transfer events lead to the wrong places. You can get that Cross from the church way before you should be able to which allowed me to purchase really strong, underpriced weapons and gear. But, even though I had that and was grinding for quite a while, I wasn't even nearly strong enough to kill Elka and Nix, is there some specific strategy or do I simply have to grind for a super long time?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 05:02:46 AM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 86
Oops, sorry I didn't relize you can get the cross that earlier.  For anyone else playing do not I mean do not go in the church until needed.

Also you do not have to defeat Nix and Elka the battle should have a defeat case where it is not game over, I know that because I test played it. As for Balagans Double Attack some skills like Sengal's Oni Pirece and Rycian's Smash us HP instesd of MP so be careful. You can tell this by looking at the icon next the skill Icon if it is blue it uses mana if it red it uses HP.  I forgot to mintion that sorry. 

EDIT:I am reuploading it so no can get the cross before needed.

EDIT2: Reuploaded the full game.  You can no longer get the cross before needed. If anyone else downloaded it you might want to redownload to avoid be able to go too far too earlier and getting defeated.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:40:37 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Oh, well that explains it. You should make them a bit stronger though, because if it drags on too long, it doesn't become apparent that you cannot win. I honestly just clicked the X to turn off the game because I thought it was impossible  ;D I'll continue playing (I sold the overpowered gear because I didn't want to redownload and start over) so I'll get back to you as I continue the game.

EDIT:
I'm completely lost. I tried to stop the Queen from taking the dragon something from the princess but then she disappeared.. now I'm wandering around. I don't know where to go.

EDIT2: I found out what to do XP

EDIT3: I just saved my brother and that demon got away. He mentioned a tower of souls or something like that, I have no clue where to find that guy and don't know what to do now that I've added my brother to my party.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:00:52 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 86
That's okay, I should have mintioned that in the post.

Rep:
Level 86
Sorry I didn't notice your edit. You should really ask in a new reply.  After you save Sengal's brother you go
back to Kellis and talk to the man who lent you the ship to go to Elia Bay. He will take you to Rose City.  Also you have a choice to either go get the holy weapons and armor or go striaght to the Tower of Lost Souls.  Also if you want the holy weapons and armor go on the right side of the map after leaving Rose City go up and go to the right path.  There you will find a cottege.  After the event go up to the door and press space or enter it will trigger an event with a man who will let you use his ship to reach the Holy Isles.  After you at the holy isles you can leave any time if it is too hard.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'm talking to the man, but all he says is, "You're lucky you didn't die in the bay."

Rep:
Level 86
I' m sorry I left out a step. Go back to Korsin City and go in the throne room at the castle there will be an event where Sengal talks to his mom then go back to Kellis.  It's hard for me to check back in the data base sorry.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:26:08 PM by Pinky »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
all she said was becareful

Rep:
Level 86
I am confused there should have been an event when you went in there.  I know I didn't make a mistake because I test played the whole game before I released it.

EDIT: Oops, I was doing events as went while test playing I must went over the event.  I added a no RTP version if you already have the RTP.  So redownload it and put it in a different folder on your computer then copy your save file if you can. If anyone downloaded this I recommend redownloading.  If you already have RMVX or the VX RTP download the no RTP version please.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:45:16 PM by Pinky »