RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Syntax Highlighter

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2109
This is purportedly an add-on for SMF's that allows highlighting for code. It work pretty simply and would be good for us as an RMing community that has scripters around. It would help script blindly, it would help people learn the language, and it would look cool too. What's more, Ruby is supported. To use it, use[ code=alias ]Code stuff[ /code ].

Has this been attempted before or is there some reason we shouldn't have it? Could this be implemented into RMRK?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, if you want to script blind just get Notepad++ - doing it in a post would not be very convenient. I do agree it would look cool, but in any case it doesn't look as if SMF 2.0 is supported, so it probably wouldn't work.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, this is awesome. Who did what, when and how?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Roph did it two days ago and he did it by being magical and a genius.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Kind of late isn't it? I like this feature though :D It kind of perked me up when I noticed the rainbow colour coding boxes :D I'm glad you posted that link in OP.

Rep:
Level 82
It's definitely a very nice addition. Increase readability of scripts on the forum a millionfold.

Quote from: modern algebra
Roph did it two days ago and he did it by being magical and a genius.

Not quite sure why I first read that as 'magical and a genie'. Maybe that's true also, though.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
I like the colour scheme but I've always wondered, why don't forums use the same colours as RMVX/XP?