RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hitting the wall that is We Blocker

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
My company just installed We Blocker. I shall pause while you vomit.

Okay, so, all I want to do  is re install RMVX and Bullet's Tile Swapper. Won't let me. In addition, if I can't get to the net, I can't use the RM.

I figure I'll modify the registry so RM doesn't need the net. Nope. Access denied.

I have used a procedure to get admin passwords before, but it's kind of a crap shoot (old program). Any ideas on how to get the admin pass, disable We Blocker, or somehow otherwise use my PAID copy of VX on this computer at work?
:tinysmile:

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Perhaps tether on your phone? That depends on being able to access network settings on the computer though I guess :(
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
What the hell? Your job must be boring as hell if you're trying to use RM there.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Heh, yeah. That's the nature of emegency services; hours of boredom punctuated by the most intense moments ever. Sometimes we run all day. Sometimes we get a no-hitter.

I figured out the following: I can acess the net without restriction if I connect to any wireless network other than the company's, but I can't install anything without the admin password. If I thought I could get away with it, I'd just boot my program and get the PW, but the stakes are pretty high; if I get caught, eg., something goes wrong, I get fired. Maybe if I get really ballsy I'll try it, but I', still looking for alternatives...

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I really don't think RPG Maker is worth getting fired over. :S

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Oh right, I forgot you were an EMT. I can see how that would be.

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
If you're still trying to do this, there are cracked dll's for both makers. This removes the net connection and makes the program think its a legit copy. If you need them lemme know. These dll's make it so that you don't need to run either RM as admin.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
SUCCESS! I finally cracked the admin PW and was thus able to install RMVX on the laptop here at work! Of course, fat lot of good it does me... I leave today for another job! Haha. Oh well.

Anyhow, Ophcrack is what did the job. And while I was at it, it turns out that the admin PW was the same for We Blocker, so I uninstalled it. Just to mess with the company, I Changed the BIOS and login passwords, too!

Eat that, bitches.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
What's the new job?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
SUCCESS! I finally cracked the admin PW and was thus able to install RMVX on the laptop here at work! Of course, fat lot of good it does me... I leave today for another job! Haha. Oh well.

Anyhow, Ophcrack is what did the job. And while I was at it, it turns out that the admin PW was the same for We Blocker, so I uninstalled it. Just to mess with the company, I Changed the BIOS and login passwords, too!

Eat that, bitches.

Now that just sounds downright illegal. o _ o

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Now that just sounds downright illegal. o _ o
^

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
What's the new job?

The new job is fire services and EMS at a steel mill, Arcelor Mittal, in East Chicago. It's basically the same gig, just no long-distance BS or dialsis runs, and I get to be in the USW which is one of the most powerful unions in the US. My straight time here is more than my OT at the previous place, and freee healt, vision and dental. I have arrived!

Incidentally, when I joined RMRK, I was working as a medical contractor for Mittal's Burns Harbor plant.