RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] String Quartet in B minor

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Enjoy.
This took about 2 weeks to write, on-and-off. It's a chaconne (if that's how you spell it), most of the way through anyway. The ending may disappoint you, but I like it. I suggest perhaps turning your volume down a little, it's supposed to be a lot softer than it is on Soundcloud.
I love the viola.

Now it sounds a lot better. XD
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:43:04 AM by irock »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
It's beautiful :) very classical and clean.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Why thank you. I'm going to upload a new version in a week and a bit (file's at school, holidays atm).

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
The +'s:
Some very nice chords, and interesting ideas.
Love the sudden pizzicato section.
Great counterpoint.

The -'s:
You kind of get in to this rut where you repeat the same rhythm over and over, and it gets a little stale.
It's VERY 4/4. Try to spice it up a bit. Mix in some triplets, or syncopation. It might help it flow a little better.
It's one continuous tempo. Maybe throw in some dramatic ritards? Or, hell, if you wanted to get really crazy, try accelerating the tempo when you're doing those runs at 2:54, and slow it down at the climax. Basically, play with tempo, it will add emotion.

Maybe it isn't what you're going for, or maybe you feel the piece doesn't call for it, but... maybe work on melody a bit more. You have some great interplay with the voices, and wonderful counterpoint, but I never really felt as though there was a real melody or "theme" emerging from the piece. Maybe try writing a melody that works over top of what you have, play it once, early, then expand on it (play it again, and make it longer), and then do the pizzicato and run thing, and bring it back (in short form) again at the end? Just a thought.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I agree with you almost completely. It sounds a bit douchy, I know, but the supposed theme of the piece isn't a melody at all. It's the base, the chaconne. But you do have a very manly and sexy point.
I really should do some tempo changes, but I'm content with the rhythms I have. I've never really like excessive syncopation, but there is some for quite a while in the middle section. It isn't very noticeable in this version, it's brought out more in this hypothetical next version I'm going to put up.
What did you think of the very end?

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Late reply, but I thought I'd mention that I was really impressed by this.  Great stuff man!

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Thank you, not only for the compliment, but for reminding me I'm yet to provide an updated version of this piece.

Which is currently struggling with uploading to Soundcloud -_-
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:51:55 AM by Pacman »

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Finally uploaded the hypothetical revised version. Listen if you want (that means listen to it), and provide any feedback you wish.