RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Halo CE Anniversary Has No MP

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I've done a lot of bitching lately about remakes, and why 9 times out of 10 they ruin the game they were remaking.

Today I have a recently announced example of why they need to stop this bullshit.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Campaign gets a graphical overhaul but remains unchanged. Perfect, it's what we've been asking for as fans of Halo. (with rumors of being able to use the original textures and models with the flip of a switch, no source on that afiak but it may have been a twitter thing.)

multiplayer is Halo: Reach MP with CE maps.

WHAT THE FUCK!?

This literally couldn't have been more simple microsoft! Direct port of CE with new models and XBL Multiplayer. HOW DO YOU FUCK THIS UP!? HOW?

I like Reach MP and all but if I am playing CE, I WANT TO FUCKING PLAY CE, NOT A REACH MAP PACK YOU FUCKERS.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:42:12 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
I agree. As a fan of halo combat evolved, (And Not Reach) i want to play Halo Combat evolved. I never got in to CE (Custom Edition) but i heard it was the Shit. They could have done Halo 2 MP and maybe got away with it, but honestly Halo Combat Evolved Had the Best game play.
This note is legal tender for all debts, public and private

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Reach has awesome MP, in my opinion the best since CE. But it's not CE. It's Reach.

Yes Campaign and XBL Coop will be awesome. but it's a reach map pack on the online front. they've fucked up such a simple idea.

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
I didnt like it one bit. To me it seemed like they were trying to compete with battlefield and COD.
Yes Campaign and XBL Coop will be awesome. but it's a reach map pack on the online front. they've fucked up such a simple idea.
Is this going to be its own game? or is it going to be A reach add on?

As simple as it could have been i would have expected Microsoft to fuck it up.

Same way they did ODST and Reach.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I stopped playing after Halo 2. Halo 1 was actually fun.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
feel however you want about reach MP, but it's not anything like CoD or Battlefield.

also you're one of those "ODST WAS BAD CAUSE NO MULTI" kids right? shoo.

(ps: bye trolk)

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/intel/featured/video/halo-anniversary-exclusive/7ed1f10f-349c-4c47-a07a-831d12f94d63
here's some more info on the remake, I'm still pretty pissed about the lack of CE MP.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:50:03 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Stop removing my posts. I have a valid argument.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 04:42:49 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 88
Project 03
I though ODST (reach) was bad because it felt super rushed, I thought they could have told the story a lot better. I also think they could have changed some of the physics a little, i dont know anyone who can jump 6 feet while wearing full combat gear. Although The physics dont apply to reach. I could care less for Multi i only played custom games anyway. That in my opinion was the best feature in reach.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The only thing that the CE Remake is retaining is the assassinations from Reach; it isn't that much different from the first. It wouldn't make sense for them to add jetpacks, and what not if it was never there, I mean, shouldn't he have been able to assassinate in the first place? Controls are much smoother in Reach than in CE, what kind of remake would it be if it wasn't 'remade' simply adding graphics isn't much of a port to next-gen. You also have to take into account the expectations of the new generation and add your own spin on a remake so that it is adaptive to the time it's being ported to.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
The only thing that the CE Remake is retaining is the assassinations from Reach; it isn't that much different from the first. It wouldn't make sense for them to add jetpacks, and what not if it was never there, I mean, shouldn't he have been able to assassinate in the first place? Controls are much smoother in Reach than in CE, what kind of remake would it be if it wasn't 'remade' simply adding graphics isn't much of a port to next-gen. You also have to take into account the expectations of the new generation and add your own spin on a remake so that it is adaptive to the time it's being ported to.
you are 100% wrong. those assassinations were in the reach maps for multi. they DID NOT add them to singleplayer. they didn't fuck with the engine from CE at all for singleplayer in terms of gameplay.

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-inaugural-frankie-edition/59856

read this.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 05:26:24 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
The topic title made me think there was no multiplayer. :I
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
there's the refurbished Singleplayer/co-op and a reach classic map pack, there's no xbox live CE Multiplayer.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
But... but... Reach isn't CE. Reach is Reach. If I wanted to play Reach, I would play Reach.
I'm totally with you Strike, this is insanutastic. CE was my favourite. Gah.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its like I said last night. The reason they're doing the maps in Reach is because they can sell the map pack to people who don't want to buy the whole game, therefore increasing their profits. Speaking on a strictly business level, this is the smartest way to do it. As far as the nuances between the two, I don't really know, but they'll definitely reach a wider audience. No pun intended.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, that's all good for them from a financial point of view, but it's not what I want.
They should always take me into consideration.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know