RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713175/metal-gear-solid-and-zone-of-the-enders-hd-collections-announced/

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkLdBw4FxQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRkLdBw4FxQ</a>

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I do wish it included MGS 1 though.

Rep:
Level 96
Yeah, that seems like sort of a weird omission... but I guess it was probably to make room for peacewalker. That, and MGS has been redone before with twin snakes.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its not a weird omission. Its because the games aren't going to be remodeled or retextured, they're just going to be in HD. MGS1 in HD would look atrocious. Also, Silent Hill was added as well.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
Its not a weird omission. Its because the games aren't going to be remodeled or retextured, they're just going to be in HD. MGS1 in HD would look atrocious. Also, Silent Hill was added as well.

Oh, I gotcha. Well I guess I'm used to thinking exactly that when a game is marked "HD", even though that's not necessarily what HD means at all.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Sharpened, supereagle effects, scaled to 1080p. Like they did in the Prince of Persia, i'd assume that all the menu things will be redone exactly the same but scaled to fit better, rather than HUGE BLOCKS because it was made for smaller screens.

Rep:
Level 98
I'm also super psyched they're putting Peace Walker on the PS3. I just now beat MGS4 with the time to enjoy it instead of being rushed through it on a borrowed PS3, and now I want to break into what I haven't played, being portable ops and peace walker.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Zone of enders HD

OH GOD YES

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
you know what, I don't care if MGS 1 would look like ass. It would be a great addition. maybew they could bundle it if they release MGS4 for 360 or something. is MGS1 a ps3 store game already or something?

And yeah, I know I just said I hope they release MGS4 for 360, it's much more plausible now, regardless of them having to spread it over multiple disks.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Of course, Otacon's little take that with mentioning the blu ray disks and not needing to change them would go out the window. :V

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its not a "take that". Its a reference to the first MGS. That whole chapter is a metaphor for Snake himself. Its supposed to bring feelings of nostalgia. You go back to Shadow Moses, and its falling apart and decrepit, much like Snake himself. Its also a commentary on the way that games have such a compact time of being state-of-the-art. When MGS first came out, it was lauded as one of the most graphically impressive games ever made. Now, compared to what technology is capable of, MGS looks like a burnt weiner. So yeah. It has nothing to do with Xbox.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
While I agree with all of that, it can still be seen as touting the PS3's power, and a shot at how xbox still uses multiple disks for things.

Rep:
Level 94
It can be seen that way, but I believe it is a misreading.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Less disks, less games: Playstation 3
   buy one today!

Spoiler for:
:he said while trying to buy one on the cheap:

Rep:
Level 94
I'm also looking to buy one. Not to derail the topic, but pretty much everything I want or own on 360, I can and would rather play on PC. PS3 has so many exclusives that I still want to play.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
I disagree but hey, whatever.

Rep:
Level 96
Arrow also want ps3 gaems ;p;

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I can't wait for this, there seems to be a lot of HD remakes coming along, I'll be sure to get the MGS and Zone of the Enders for sure (such a delight to play) - I just wish I had a PS3 so I could enjoy the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus HD remakes..  :'(

Rep:
Level 98
I'm enjoying the shit out of my new PS3, and almost fucking cried my eyes out when I got to Shadow Moses in MGS4, largely because it started playing the end theme to the first game. As awesome as it would be, however, I really really doubt MGS4 is coming to the 360 any time soon. They said they were going to make trophies for MGS4, and that hasn't happened yet. Not that it's a bad idea, but I doubt it's going to happen so much that I'm sure that gay rights will be allowed in Texas in the next three four eight sixteen years before it happens. FFXII is a fucking long game, and MGS4 was shorter, but there was a hell of a lot more in it, plus the tons of cutscenes, it may have to be at least just two discs. Hell, MGS4 had to install before the game, and in between each Act.

As for not including MGS1, i'm with Holk on this one. There's hardly much room for improvement due to its looks, while MGS2 and MGS3 are still looking not bad, bearing that Snake Eater was meant to be on the PS3 anyway. On top of that, there were The Twin Snakes and MGS1 is available as a PSOne Classic on the Playstation Store, in which it can be scaled to fullscreen without artifacts or too bad of an appearance.