RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Witchtooth {VX} [Full Game] (V1.1)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
<General>
- [minor] Within battle the 'unable to escape' message uses 'it' instead of 'he' or 'they'.

<Havel>
- Grandma's House [minor] : No music after rescuing Sophie.

<Cobalt>
- [minor] Tense music still playing within the alley, although everything else is fine.

<Cindy's House.
- Boxes near the entrance to Cindy's Room are now impassible and cause the cut scene to halt, as the players cannot go through them.
Alright, reuploading now. And just when I thought I was finished with this part of the game XP

EDIT: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FXPJFVIG
Demo Fixed
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:24:29 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I was thinking that I wouldn't put out a third demo, but I suppose I will. It'll take about 5-6 hours to get through it in its entirety, but I've added a bunch of new stuff in. (If you've played the other demos, you still can't enter the sewer in Cobalt, but no worries) -- First off I've added another secret boss, but it isn't secret in that you will have to look in an unlikely place to find it, townsfolk will speak about it, it's up to you to summon the creature. It will not drop exactly the most exciting items though, but when it is slain, the item you receive can be turned into one of the strongest weapons in the game thus far (Usable for Lin and Rolan, so this is your chance to turn Lin into a melee dps! (if you want..))

The demo should most likely be complete during the next week.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
More secret items! More secret skills! Secrets!

At any rate, I'll be ready to test the new beta when it arrives.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 82
Just popping and saying that this looks great! You may have seen my comments on your video but again, I wish you good luck on this game!

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Okay, I finally got around to playing this, as I said I would ages ago. Sorry about that.
The first thing I notice is the music. Good. Nice. I like it.
The second thing I notice is the resemblance to Grace of Vil. But that's mainly the tileset (and the whole sister missing thing), and otherwise it's quite original.
The third thing I notice is the first time I've seen one of my own scripts in a game. Thank you!
I'll give you more once I play further in. I'm loving it so far.
And not to pull the plug on it, but I personally think the battle system would look better if you used the Enemy Stats script. It provides more information to the player and provides for more tactical battling. But who am I to say, it's your game!
EDIT: The map of the attached screenshot made my day.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:15:50 AM by Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks, luiishu.

And I'm glad you like it, Pacman. The whole sister dilemma went through many changes during my planning, but then I decided to stop getting so worked up about it and I pretty much made the quest from the top of my head to continue with the game. I'll look at this Enemy Stats script, it may be useful. Thanks for trying the game out.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
And the Final Demo has been complete. This demo has another secret boss, and will grant the player with its fourth party member, a cleric! The demo in its entirety will span a good 6 hours (5:37:19 (playtime) for me) - The second secret boss will be a tough one though, be well supplied :)
Please give any type of feedback that you can, it'd be much appreciated.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIAHLJ3A

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Running through the demonstration now, starting from scratch. Everything seems good so far, only one minor error so far.

EDIT: Finished the demo, although I need to go back and find the secret monster fight. I somehow blasted past that point.

The square just above the character is impassable, not sure if you wanted it that way or not.

Can't talk to the woman there, because the tree is in the way. Not sure if it really matters.

Can't get to the doorway here, not sure if it matters.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:35:41 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
1. I'll fix that. :)
2. You will not be able to speak with her.
3. I was going to fix that the moment I realizes it, which was like a week before the demo release, I don't know why I forgot to fix it. But still, you can't enter at this point anyway since that is the Fortune Teller's house and even she's locked out. (You will be able to find the key - but not in the demo)

I think it's much better for you to get Talis before finding the Arkouda anyway because you will almost surely be killed (Unless you have tons of potions). If you need help finding it, just ask me.

EDIT: (Didn't see the need of making another post)
> If not noticeable by now (and I've just now added this detail to the Features of the OP) the characters in the game can be built in various ways. Chester at this time seems like he'll be the only character with one sort of build direction. Rolan can be a quick damage rogue type character or be built heavily on defense, Lin can also be turned into a DPS but could much easier be a caster/debuffer, The cleric you will recruit can be a really powerful healer by wearing cloth (magelike) armor, or (my preference) he can be a Paladin type character where I put him in heavy armor putting defense over spirit.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:55:19 PM by hiromu656 »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore

"First 10 Minutes" Video Preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3QlFDPnY_U

I noticed you got stuck on the bridge waiting, id suggest making the bridge a little wider ;)

Here is an idea, you could use some of the maps from your abandoned project if you didn't delete it: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41547.0.html
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 09:35:06 PM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
XD I like how you gave me a link to my own game. I've been thinking of many ways to remap that entire area, not just the bridge, which annoyed me very much when I was recording. Thanks for the helpful advice though; If I decide to make any graphical changes to specific areas I'll be sure to let everyone know.

And I haven't deleted GoV.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Well it seems I had been getting some decent views (by my standards) on youtube for this game. Luckily it caught the eye of a kind fellow that owns a video game news site called "New Game" or "Startanewgame" - It's a pretty cool site, although the views could be better, it looks quite well done. To me, even the smallest interest in the game really helps me out production-wise. So, if you'd like to check out the article of my game, here's a healthy link:

http://startanewgame.com/2011/08/08/credit-where-credit-is-due-witchtooth/#comment-219

Rep:
Level 72
RMRK
Wow, that's... That is just really awesome hiromu656, I think I'm a bit jealous (Yeah, I know - I'm jealous of a lot of people)
I'm going to download the demo, play it fully, report any bugs/glitches and tell you my honest opinion on it soon! :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I haven't updated for quite a while, so here goes.

Progress on the game has been quite slow, mainly because school just started which means that and football takes up a lot of my time. I've been refining some nuisances I found in the early game along with a ton of database adjustments; mainly in the areas regarding party member's hp, attack, def, etc. along with adding some new items and changing store prices. The actual game length doesn't go beyond around 30 minutes past the length of the demo at this point, but I added a secret weapon though, because i like secrets.
     I've already said so, but there will indeed be no more demos of the game as I believe I've reached that point that they will not be necessary. I do however would like to know who'd be willing to play the game in its entirety before It is officially released, I have a few others lined up for this, but the more the merrier. I'll have to run through it once more as well of course.
     I think that's about it... oh and League of Legends has been taking a lot of my time too, but that's kinda my fault.

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
I'm definitely interested in trying the full game out, so you can sign me right up.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks, I'll mark ya down.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I have to say, this is simply the finest looking RM title I've ever seen. Excited to see how much further this develops.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks a lot!

>The game happens to be moving along quite swimmingly at the moment. And I've also updated the OP with 8 new screenshots (they'll be in the 3rd Spoiler).

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Nice. I can't tell you how many RPGgasms I had at the screenshots XD (4).

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
O.o The story is captivating. I'm just curious now. I wish you well on your project. I definitely ant to play it.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Don't have RMVX on this new laptop. Any way I can try the game out without having RMVX?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Actually, no. VX is required, I haven't gotten around to uploading an RTP demo yet. I suppose I should then.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
A small update:

The game is now (approximately) 70% of the way complete. I'm reaching for a 15 hour length, and I've added tons of content to the game. I made more unique items to be dropped by enemies, another Secret Boss and some quests here and there. If you've yet to try out the demo, please don't hesitate to give it a whirl.

I'm still looking for Volunteers who'll play through the game in its entirety before launch just to make sure everything is all fine and dandy.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I'll be a volunteer. I'll go everywhere and talk to everyone. I can report typos, grammar mistakes, wrong things that happen and anything else.

Btw, you should add a fat man that says "I am error" :P

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Excellent, and that's not a bad idea.